video

Stop at 0:45

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"8762ecfa2767ab710a18a8f378dd2286.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/7\/8762ecfa2767ab710a18a8f378dd2286.jpg","w":480,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/7\/8762ecfa2767ab710a18a8f378dd2286"}8762ecfa2767ab710a18a8f378dd2286.jpg

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

That picture is awesome! Was it just created?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Have a great day today!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

That picture is awesome! Was it just created?

No, it is several years old, I think. I have it linked in my signature. I think I made it years ago in response to some derailed thread, but I can't remember.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I must have missed that thread for some reason.

But you have too many links in your signature anyway.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I must have missed that thread for some reason.

It was years ago I think. Probably 5+. I think it was right around the time that things started dying down around here. I bet you were in it, and saw it, but it probably wasn't significant enough to remember long term.

Actually, last night I watched a new documentary series on Netflix called The Mind, Explained. The first episode explains how memory works at a high-level. What I got from it was that effectively all of the different parts of our brain that are responsible for interpreting sensory input store their information locally, and the hypo-campus is responsible for gluing all the pieces together to make sense of them. We interpret the live event as something based on what our hypo-campus can put together with all of the information at hand, but we don't store that completed thought. The memories are still fragmented by the different regions of our brain.

When we try to remember later on the hypo-campus needs to piece all of that data back together, but the more time passes the less context I guess it has and perhaps the less pieces it can figure out to include in the process. And when there's missing information your brain just "imagines" it to give you a best guess rather than just signalling an error. In other words, we're always so confident in what we remember about the past, but in reality there's always some degree of live imagination thrown in to fill in the blanks, and we fool ourselves into believing that's what actually happened.

This is also why witness testimony is so unreliable in practice. Whatever information we don't have at the time we imagine, and that is obviously often wrong since it isn't based on facts. We're literally inventing the rest of our testimony based on past events we do remember. Similarly, we're open to accepting new ideas in place of missing information in our memories. So when the detective suggests suspect #3 your brain is open to accepting that as a new piece of the old memory because it doesn't have enough information to rule it out. Later on when you get up on the witness stand you'll have forgotten all about not being able to remember what the perpetrator looked like, and you'll tell the court you're 100% certain it was the defendant.

Our brains are amazing, but there's also very fragile and fallible. I'll let you stew about what ideas you're so sure of and how you came to that conclusion on your own. 8-)

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Considering how poor my memory is anyway, I believe it. I don't always trust things from my memory.

---
MiquelFire.red

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

video

video

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

video

I... I... I can't breathe.... laughing too hard.

I mean, I thought it was funny at two and hypocritical how they judge conservatives for doing the same thing. But THREE TIMES? The LEADER of CANADA has not one, not two, but THREE (that we know of so far!) different instances of wearing blackface?!

You can't write fiction this good.

Coming from the guy who smugly grandstanded saying "it's personkind, not mankind", how am I not surprised he's actually a complete racist (by 2019 standards at least). People who talk the loudest tend to be the ones trying hardest to escape the shame of their past (or even the shame of their current evil, like those soyboy male feminists who loudly decry the 'plight of women' but then go on to rape women at womens shelters--yes that happened).

Remember the conservative governor they tried to lynch for wearing blackface? I absolutely expect liberals to treat the PM ("prejudice + power") with at least as much vitriol as they did the conservative guy who only had ONE black face picture. Just kidding, we all know they're hypocrites--even if we don't want to admit it.

I don't care what either sides politics are. What I'm so disgusted by is the complete lack of fair, objective standards for what is right and wrong. It either IS, or ISN'T a fire-able offense to wear blackface. If you have to hear "who it is first" before you decide whether a crime is a crime (or moral failing), you're just being tribal and have no moral highground to stand on.

[edit]

Edgar Reynaldo: I've tried many times to get into tool. Like, I like the songs but it feels like they never build into anything. It's like, the greatest intro ever... that plays for 7 minutes straight.

-----sig:

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

It's pretty much a base requirement that anybody who's very politically involved is a hypocrite. Nobody is completely pure.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

There's a huge difference between being a normal human with idiosyncrasies, and being a raging, lying, hypocrite that talks about "rights and wrongs" but is actually using them as a tool to assist their tribe. Hypocrites who talk about how we should act, but are only really using it as a means to control others. They're liars at their heart.

You can be for or against abortion. What you cannot do is say you're say, "against abortion" to gain political support and power while at the same time your wife aborts babies every week. Likewise, you can't be a California gun control senator who tries to take away legal guns then sells guns to actual Islamic terrorists. That's not a political position, that's an a$$hole.

Quote:

Yee has also been awarded the following awards:
Gun Violence Prevention Honor Roll by the Brady Campaign.[108]

hahahahaaahhahahahahaaahahahaaahahahah

-----sig:

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Certainly, the hypocrisy is worse with totalitarians who demand that people not be allowed to do something and not lead by example.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I've been on too many reddit clones and youtube and I've been lurking for 10 minutes and still looking for the upvote/downvote arrows...

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Well well well if it isn't A.K. 47!!! Come out of the dungeon long enough to post my friend?

Have a pepsi on me!
{"name":"pepsi.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/7\/97e1c16723df1fa1c2d310ed7450dea9.jpg","w":522,"h":800,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/7\/97e1c16723df1fa1c2d310ed7450dea9"}pepsi.jpg

Go to: