Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Politic is like a sex. Because everyone had one does not mean they have to blatantly wave it under our nose, nor put it in the mouth of youngsters.

If you want any topic to go to war, just call the politic or religion to the rescue.

That said, back on topic: are threads really closing too soon ?

8-)

EDIT: Page n°39 first post :-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

4 more years ought to do it.

Mat logic: Well they've kept this thread open for 4 years so clearly this is not a problem.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

When this thread started, I had only been working full time for 3 months.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I'm adding networking to my game...

It's like 40+ RPCs and complex state management. This will take a while. :-/ :'(

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

KLAXXZ GAME MAKER (KGM) 1.0 released~~~~~

The memories...
Released on 4/20 of all days!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

And hey it's Monday! Let's make a VR world! What do you say guys?

jmasterx said:

KLAXXZ GAME MAKER (KGM) 1.0 released~~~~~

The memories...
Released on 4/20 of all days!

Let's hit it!
{"name":"funny_945.jpeg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/3\/53d9c53b04343df0907f511e4ee6eaa4.jpg","w":359,"h":260,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/3\/53d9c53b04343df0907f511e4ee6eaa4"}funny_945.jpeg

video

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

One hit a dis gon to give you all the VR you eva gon need ma man!

video

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

A wild lurker appears!

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Step 1) Identify the enemy : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurker_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29

jmasterx is being smothered by the lurker! Quick fellas, attack!

{"name":"lurkerabove.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/1\/41b9c4a9f7c4e9309a8c4618a5458050.jpg","w":400,"h":523,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/1\/41b9c4a9f7c4e9309a8c4618a5458050"}lurkerabove.jpg

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

The lurker flaps and does ceil(damage).

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm adding networking to my game...

It's like 40+ RPCs and complex state management. This will take a while. :-/ :'(

Good luck! The egoboo-like game right? Even if it just had local co-op I would LOVE THAT so much. That kind of gameplay BEGS to be shared with friends.

So I found out some good bad news. After ten years of failing to have a single doctor diagnose me, I have, for the first time, had a test that comes back wildly positive. My small intestines have some sort of terrible "thick folds" in them that should be thin. If I have one disease mentioned, the rate of incidence is 1-in-1 million. That means there's like 350 people in the entire USA with it--no wonder nobody could diagnose me. Even if the symptoms are bad, honestly, I wouldn't care because if you KNOW what you have you can at least work around it.

I'm going for follow-up tests but you can't imagine what it's like to go year after year, test after test, and have everyone come back "negative" like you're making up all your pain for the hell of it.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko, that's great bad news! Now you finally know what's going on! Do your research, if there is any to find on such a rare condition. I know you're a very strong person, after all you've been through, I know you can make it through this too. :)

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Picollo made the first mmorpg in allegro.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

So, trying to figure out why a heap corruption was happening when some PHP script quit today, and when I found the source, I found this commit in my SCM

The message is "Persistent connection with all but ODBC." and the following is the line of code I had added to a global libary:
(preg_match('/\Aodbc/i', $p['conStr'])) ? [PDO::ATTR_PERSISTENT => true] : [];

ODBC is only used for SQL Server stuff, the other connection strings are for Oracle and MySQL. Ignoring that this caused me to need to make a bug report to the PHP devs, can you find the error with the message for the commit and the code?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Go to: