Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc said:

It's almost like there was a system of laws where you get detained if you break them. Surprising, isn't it?

Wow, it's almost like you think you're justified in treating people like cattle... we treat prisoners better than that. And speaking of prisons, the top two private prisons spent millions lobbying congress and came away with 4 billion in profit.

Or the three million that Obama deported during his administration. (That's a real number.)

3 million / (8 years * 12 months/year) ~= 30 thousand a month

That's not really all that much, especially compared to today.

Trump now wants to deport everyone and allow zero immigrants into the country.

You blame the democrats for not agreeing to psychotic evil plans, but not the republicans for blocking the sane plans to fix them! What gives?

And Democrats blocked the $4.5 billion in aid for the "border crisis" when Trump asked for it and said it was a myth, only to then demand he spend... exactly 4.5 billion to fix the "border crisis" a few years later.

First of all, Trump wanted a wall, not a humanitarian solution. Second, which 'crisis' are you talking about? Trump's border crisis (brown people), or the real crisis, inhumane treatment of migrants?

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Trump made a recent push to deport all illegal immigrants who have already been court-ordered to leave. Trump wants to end faulty claims for asylum from people who travel from discontiguous countries and other continents, bringing us in line with global standards on asylum requests. Curtailing the mechanisms for illegal immigration and properly funding CBP and border facilities would do wonders to reduce the humanitarian crisis the Democrats expanded. I'd tell Edgar to quit lying, but we all know he won't.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

"Trump now wants to deport everyone"
Lie.

"and allow zero immigrants into the country."
Lie.

Try harder, liar.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Woah, okay.

This is like scrabble. :D Challenge accepted.

I'll do the research, in case I am wrong. I admit I don't watch much news, but there's not much to choose from these days considering 6 companies control 90% of the american media. :/ ///

Well here's the first source I found that confirms it. Don't know much about Politico though.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/22/trump-administration-immigrant-deportations-dhs-1607459

Quote:

The expansion is the latest move in President Donald Trump’s crackdown on legal and illegal immigration. Last week, the administration published a regulation that will bar migrants who pass through another country en route to the U.S. from seeking asylum. POLITICO also reported Thursday that an administration official last week pressed to lower the annual refugee admission ceiling to zero, although those deliberations remain ongoing.

Politico said:

{"name":"90","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/5\/f562aefd3cd39912c386d6ff8fd63fa1.jpg","w":1160,"h":773,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/5\/f562aefd3cd39912c386d6ff8fd63fa1"}90

Cattle dude. :(

:'(

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

They're crammed in because the Democrats refused to fund the facilities when the crisis was smaller. "Refugee" and "asylum seeker" are the two most frequently abused immigration labels and curtailing fraudulent cases thereof is not an end to immigration entirely. If you are flying from another continent, or walk through several South American countries to "claim" asylum in the USA you are not a valid asylum seeker or refugee. Especially so if you only make this claim after illegally entering the country.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The Democrats were lying for years about there being no crisis at the border. Even now, the most extreme radicals in the DNC are still opposed to the funding. And when the Democrats basically want open borders (healthcare for illegals, decriminalization of illegal entry, cessation of deporting even illegal aliens who have been ordered deported by immigration court, catch and release immigration policy, etc.), it's entirely appropriate to block that agenda.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

You're all fucking idiots. >:( >:( >:(

Laws are just things that corrupt people write down to control the people. Basically. They don't necessarily have to be corrupt, but in the world that we live in they are. Basically, they're meaningless. Many of them should be changed or dropped.

For example, cannabis has been illegal for a hundred years for basically no good fucking reason. It has a lot of medicinal qualities, and recreational benefits too, with relatively few downsides. And not only that, but prisons are full of people that were arrested for possession of cannabis. If the government is so incompetent to prohibit cannabis what other stupid fucking laws exist?

The government is not a well oiled machine, a hive mind with the best information, making the best choices for the people. It's a corrupt monster that doesn't even communicate with itself and makes choices on a whim that affect everyone purely for power grabs/money changes.

It's all fucking stupid. And the more you invest in defending your side the more you lose. There are no sides. We're all in this together. Laws don't matter. Political affiliations don't matter. What matters is what is right, truly just, and truly fair. And for the most part we haven't really figured that out yet. And for the most part, science is our best way to find that out. And for the most part, our governments are NOT science-based. So that should alarm you right there.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Pointless discussions, I had to say it.

8-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Gully, have you looked at CHAI? I'm waiting for you for the networking stuff, or at least to explain it to me.

All I really need to do is send an ID for the game, a hash of the board, and or a move stored in a short. The board would take 64 bytes. And then it could be encrypted, or not. Probably should be just to prevent tampering.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Governments sure as hell aren't perfect, but that is because they involve people who are imperfect. And since people are imperfect, some of them will harm others if left to their own devices. So a set of rules about what people can and cannot be allowed to do is justified, at least at this point in human history, in order to maintain a civil society. Otherwise the people would end up largely being controlled by gangs of violent thugs like some countries currently are.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I agree, it makes sense to have governments and laws. What doesn't make sense is having corrupt governments that make laws to satisfy corporations with deep pockets without science to back them up. Our system may be operating better than any other system we've had before, but that doesn't make it a good system. It's still broken, and it's not working for us. It's working for greedy politicians and lobbyists. Don't you think we should try to fix that? Or do you think it's good enough the way that it is? Why should we settle for this?

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hey Ed, I've got some things made. It was a pain to compile as the name of the libs were different on my system.

I had to do it manually because my instance of CB does not have any compiler installed, and making it support the msys2 one is a bit of a pain. (back to the roots, a good shell, cmake/make and I was sorted)

Having a working Eagle/A5 from scratch was not a simple task.

Anyway I got things running and I'm integrating the network funcs.

I had some troubles because in C++ or in Eagle (I don't know) something is already using Free, and I use a macro which is Free.

That, and some nested if-else that C++ did not want to compile.

I would love to make a chat with you to talk about the project.

I'm preparing a PM to list the evident questions that are coming to my mind.

8-)

Edit:
I think I'll be having "#warning Eagle::Rectangle has issues with OpenGL headers" in my head for a long time.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Haha, Gully, pass -Wcpp to disable those warnings. :)

Thank you for taking the time to make things work. If you have your changes documented, I will be glad to incorporate them into Eagle.

PM me a list and a time we can get together on IRC on #allegro to start.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Generally, it's not entire democratic or republican governments that are corrupt, it's individual elements thereof. I don't think it's hard for people to agree that dictatorships like North Korea are hopelessly corrupt and doomed to failure. Since utopia doesn't exist (and it might not be possible for it to exist), there are going to be people better or worse off than others. It's not a government's job to provide equal outcomes to everybody, it's to protect peoples' rights so they all have opportunity. We can always work to make government better, but for most countries (including the USA) the government works pretty well for most people and that's enough for me to consider it good.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think what you really meant to say is that the USA government works pretty well for YOU and that's good enough for you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc said:

for most countries (including the USA) the government works pretty well for most people and that's enough for me to consider it good

Tell that to our prison population. Tell that to minorities. Tell that to women. Tell that to the 300,000 homeless veterans. You are so blind to the problems of this country, yet you accuse me of the same. :/

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Take your sense of victimhood to somebody who cares. Something can be good and imperfect at the same time. What's important is not destroying the good things to improve it further.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Edgar, the biggest difference between a leftist and a conservative is that conservatives lack empathy.

For example, look at the conservatives who post here.

I'm being hyperbolic but in reality conservatives are less empathic than liberals; for those who don't have access, the key findings are:

"Our findings suggest that there are both differences and similarities in empathy between liberals and conservatives. On average, liberals were more motivated to feel empathy and felt more empathy toward oth-ers than conservatives did. In two of the three countries (the United States and Germany), liberals also wanted to help oth-ers more than conservatives did. In addition, in all countries, both liberals and conservatives wanted to feel, and actually felt less empathy toward outgroup members compared with ingroup members or members of a nonpolitical group. These findings help integrate prior inconsistent findings. They not only replicate studies showing that liberals are generally more empathic than conservatives (e.g., McCue & Gopoian, 2000), but they also provide evidence for the context specificity of this effect (Waytz et al., 2016)."

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

To put Aaron's post into context, conservatives are less controlled by their feelings. Jonathan Haidt's theory of morality includes 5 domains:
1) Care for Others/Do no harm
2) Fairness/Justice/Equality
3) In-Group Loyalty
4) Respect for Authority
5) Purity

He contends that liberals put disproportionately more importance on the first two of those, whereas conservatives value all five of them more equally.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Without the first two, you don't even qualify as human. :/

Blind loyalty is the path to doom. Going with the group because of peep pressure is a sign of weakness. Respect for unfair laws is stupid.

But by all means, please continue to give me insight as to your true character.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

An inane response that wasn't unexpected. There's no reason for me to continue talking to such an ill-motivated person. This thread really is garbage.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Poor conservatives just can't take the heat! Better let the Democrats fix your messes for you.

Ill-motivated? Your depiction of me is inaccurate. I am motivated by doing what is right, and that's standing up for people who can't stand up for themself. What's your great offering to the universe? Putting migrants in cages?

Go to: