Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This is priceless!!! ;D;D;D

video

As for all your cow farts and burps... I can't stop laughing at all of this, I've never seen such stupidity in all my life, nor would I have ever imagined people would be blaming cow farts. LMFAO!!! ;D;D;D;D;D

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

There are roughly a billion cattle in the world[1]. Each produces on average 70 to 120 kg of methane per year. And is equivalent to 23 times its weight in CO^2 in terms of greenhouse effect[2].

That's roughly 2.3 trillion kg worth of CO^2. That's not negligible. But you can go ahead and laugh. You'll probably be dead by the time the world becomes uninhabitable, so what do you care?

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Excellent video! A must watch! If anyone knows about global warming, the founder of the weather channel should...

video

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

"Global warming lie" is the dumbest thing ever.

People lie to make money. How the hell would 99% of the entire scientific establishment make money... off of telling you to "please stop polluting."

Open your brainhole, because you know it's full of crap right now.

Even the goddamn OIL COMPANIES said global warming is real because they want their kids to grow up:

https://www.carbonbrief.org/daily-brief/bp-says-co2-emissions-unsustainable-warns-on-global-warming

If scientists AND oil companies are on the same page, who is left? The fraction-of-a-fraction that governments bribe each other with compared to the TRILLIONS of oil dollars spent every year?

Even OPEC agrees: (the freakin' middle eastern OIL CARTELS agree)

https://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/press_room/2705.htm

Quote:

In Bali in 2007, we all agreed to urgently enhance and enable the full, effective and sustained implementation of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. And equally important is the objective of agreeing on further commitments for Annex-I Parties under the Kyoto Protocol.

Let's put that in perspective. Saudia Arabia may have been involved in 9/11... and still believes we should reduce our man-made global warming.

So when you've got an opinion that's literally dumber than the oil companies, I'm insulted on behalf of the human race. You're not that stupid. Stop letting yourself act like it.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Governments pay out billions to scientists who support global warming. That's how they make the money. The videos I shared have real scientists who state the facts.

If you pulled your head out of your asses long enough you would see that. But you believe CNN and politicians who tell you what "scientists say" more than the actual scientists!

Real science is not something we vote upon. I don't give a shit how many politicians and oil companies you get to say it is real. If the REAL science shows that it is not, than it is not real. PERIOD.

But you won't listen to the truth because you have been brainwashed and polarized with this us verses them attitude and you dare not cross over to the other side instead of simply looking into the FACTS and the REAL science.

{"name":"611967","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/6\/e65052120a5978f9aeb31f3a5c9fa8aa.png","w":600,"h":428,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/6\/e65052120a5978f9aeb31f3a5c9fa8aa"}611967

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The money is in oil. If there's no environmental threat from it then there's no reason for politicians to support green initiatives. And for the most part, they don't. Politicians don't like the idea of climate change. It's a hard sell. Nobody wants it. It's inconvenient. It means we all have to make sacrifices. To believe that anybody would choose to do this out of greed is moronic. There's a lot more money to make disputing it than there is to make supporting it.

However, it's indisputable. Eventually everybody is forced to come to terms with it. It's not a made up idea. It's real. And scientists are still struggling to fully understand it. Climate is not something that can be predicted. They struggle to predict the weather with accuracy more than a few weeks out. It's too complicated. There are too many variables to account for. The best of the best can still only do so well. However, they are the best that we have.

The scientific evidence suggests that on average the globe is warming, and so are the oceans. And the science suggests that a relatively minor increase of only 2 degrees Celsius (on average, globally!) could be devastating to the ecosystems on Earth. And also that at some point it will snowball and humans won't be able to stop it anymore. It'll get out of control and just get worse WITHOUT human input. We're desperately trying to get it under control before we get to that point. It could be the difference between mass extinctions. It could be the difference between middle class and extreme poverty. If the climate of the Earth rapidly changes it could completely change everything for all of us.

Scientists are already seeing massive migrations of life in the oceans because the rise in temperature is problematic for species of fish that rely on a stable temperature to survive. The planet is full of billions of species of plants and animals, many still undiscovered, that evolved to specialize in their existing habitat. The rate of change to the climate caused by human activity is far too swift for evolution to keep up. Evolution takes millions of years. We're talking about significant changes to the climate in only a couple hundred years. This very well could result in mass extinctions as life struggles to keep up. Not all life. There will be simpler life forms, such as insects and microscopic organisms that will continue to flourish. But the more complex life will struggle to adjust. And that includes people.

I don't know about you, but the summers are already pretty unbearable without air conditioning. In fact, it's a struggle for my air conditioners to even keep up with the heat and I live in a tiny single bedroom apartment in Northern Ontario. We live in the North where temperatures are already on average cooler than regions closer to the equator. We really don't want this to get any more extreme. It's already a struggle.

I personally don't agree with Edgar. I know you really are this stupid. Your argument doesn't hold up.

Politicians are paying scientists for this? So who is paying the politicians? There are two major groups:

• Lobbyists, with deep pockets. These are generally the oil industry. The ones that LOSE money to climate change actions. These people are not thrilled about it, and they are the main reason that politicians haven't cracked down very hard on it. You cannot sell climate change to these people. They pay billions to bad scientists to produce inconclusive studies or misleading studies to contradict the climate science.

• Tax payers. You and I. What the hell do we want with climate change? We don't gain anything from it. It hurts us. It's inconvenient. That's not an easy sell for a politician. "Give me your money, so I can pay scientists to do bad science, so that we all have to make sacrifices?"

Why the hell would ANYBODY do this if it wasn't real? There's literally no gain for anybody. The relatively minor boosts for a fraction of the population that is doing work in related fields is inconsequential compared to the rest of the workforce. There's not enough "money" involved in climate change to motivate a scam of this scale.

If you seriously believe this to be a big conspiracy then you need to give your a head a good shake. The science conclusively says that climate change is real, and is a serious threat, and we only have a short time to act before it could potentially be too late. Be honest with us, be honest with yourself, and do some genuine research. It's not too late to change your mind. You don't even need to change your mind. You just need to open it to the possibility that you don't know everything. That maybe you're wrong about some things. That simple act can lead you on a very rewarding journey to enlightenment, and along the way can help the entire planet by suppressing bad ideas, no longer giving stupid people an excuse to continue being ignorant.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

If you think there's a methane problem now, wait until everyone turns vegan! LMAO... sorry bam, but it's very disputable, the fact that Al Gore stated that by 2014 the north pole would be melted away and it ended up having MORE ice than ever makes it VERY disputable!!! Saying it is a fact, doesn't make it a fact, sorry my liberal, brainwashed friend, but REAL scientists who know the REAL science that aren't being paid off, know it is a fraud and the scientist who STARTED the whole CO2, global warming idea, the one Al Gore got his education from started to see in 1988 that his idea of global warming was false and stated that the data didn't back up the idea in 1991, and HE WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED THE WHOLE GLOBAL WARMING IDEA AND RESEARCH!!! When he stated that he was wrong and that years of study showed his idea was false based on the data in 1991, Al Gore called him senile, yet he was the one who taught Al Gore!!!

In 2005 they studied the ice core samples that seemed to indicate that CO2 caused global warming 5 years before and much to their surprise, they discovered that not only did CO2 not cause global warming, but the reverse was true, that global warming caused Co2 to increase!!!

So no, it is NOT indisputable, it is very disputable... you are flat out WRONG, the science, and the guy that started the whole thing said so back in 1991!!!

Oh, as for summers being warmer, bullshit! I don't own an air conditioner, never have and I do just fine! And I live in the same neck of the woods that you do! The problem is you don't get outside enough when the weather is getting warmer and get used to it. The real problem is TOO MANY AIR CONDITIONERS!!! Seriously, if you get out when it is warming up and get used to the heat, you will find it is quite comfortable. If you sit inside an air conditioned home all day, you will find it scorching hot due to the difference and your body not adjusting, that's normal, not global warming. I go for walks in the middle of summer, in the sun, on hot days and have no problem. If I can handle it, so can you!

In fact, the past couple of summers in Ontario have been quite cool. In 2015 we didn't even get a summer, it didn't get warm like it usually does AT ALL! I remember that year, I was like, "what happened to summer"?! 2014 was a real hot one for sure, but we haven't had one like 2014 since, they have all been cooler. I actually love the summer and warm weather.

Also, statistics show we haven't had any warming what so ever since around 1998, it's been pretty much flatlined when you look at the averages, and cooler lately.

{"name":"611968","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/8\/888b7d7430a0946a7ea4c5680b1e8181.png","w":580,"h":594,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/8\/888b7d7430a0946a7ea4c5680b1e8181"}611968

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

NiteHackr said:

If you think there's a methane problem now, wait until everyone turns vegan! LMAO... sorry bam, but it's very disputable, the fact that Al Gore stated that by 2014 the north pole would be melted away and it ended up having MORE ice than ever makes it VERY disputable!!! Saying it is a fact, doesn't make it a fact, sorry my liberal, brainwashed friend, but REAL scientists who know the REAL science that aren't being paid off, know it is a fraud and the scientist who STARTED the whole CO2, global warming idea, the one Al Gore got his education from started to see in 1988 that his idea of global warming was false and stated that the data didn't back up the idea in 1991, and HE WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED THE WHOLE GLOBAL WARMING IDEA AND RESEARCH!!! When he stated that he was wrong and that years of study showed his idea was false based on the data in 1991, Al Gore called him senile, yet he was the one who taught Al Gore!!!

Care to name the scientist so that we can fact check your claim?

NiteHackr said:

Oh, as for summers being warmer, ! I don't own an air conditioner, never have and I do just fine! And I live in the same neck of the woods that you do! The problem is you don't get outside enough when the weather is getting warmer and get used to it. The real problem is TOO MANY AIR CONDITIONERS!!! Seriously, if you get out when it is warming up and get used to the heat, you will find it is quite comfortable. If you sit inside an air conditioned home all day, you will find it scorching hot due to the difference and your body not adjusting, that's normal, not global warming. I go for walks in the middle of summer, in the sun, on hot days and have no problem. If I can handle it, so can you!

It's easy to live in the heat. I rather enjoy heat, UNLESS I'm riding my motorcycle, in which case too hot really is too hot (you need to wear a lot of heavy gear to balance the risks).

Sleeping in the heat is the hard part. When it's 25 or 30 Celsius during the night time it's very difficult to sleep. You can go ahead and try to deny this, but it's an established fact that the temperature affects the quality of sleep in humans.

Being a heavier guy, at least based on the photographs I've seen of you, I don't suppose you're immune to this, though I know from experience when I was a lot thinner/lighter the heat didn't bother me as much as it does now. Nevertheless, even at the best of times, extreme heat made sleep very difficult (even when I was a teenager of only 110 lbs).

Now that I'm pushing 170 - 180 lbs the heat effects me even more than ever before. My body is naturally warm. My wife calls me a furnace in bed (badumcha). In the summer I often wake up in a swimming pool of sweat, even with A/C on both sides of the apartment, which we're lucky if it keeps the temperature in the low 70s F (21 or 22 C).

It's possible the air is less humid where you live and that could play a significant role in how uncomfortable the heat is. The humidity seemed to be pretty harsh the last several years during the summer, making it just sticky and unbearable to sleep in without A/C.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Better bed sheets might help with your body's heat management while you sleep.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

@Neil

Sigh.

You should really do some more research before listening to all those crack pot scientists you've been digging up.

Arctic sea ice volume is on a declining trend, and it has been for the last 40 years. http://psc.apl.uw.edu/research/projects/arctic-sea-ice-volume-anomaly/

{"name":"BPIOMASIceVolumeAnomalyCurrentV2.1.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/5\/058b9c174a7da3155c767af72a3aa346.png","w":1364,"h":993,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/5\/058b9c174a7da3155c767af72a3aa346"}BPIOMASIceVolumeAnomalyCurrentV2.1.png

The fact that we're in the middle of a local increase does nothing to dispute the fact that the long term trend is large volumes of ice loss.

EDIT
assert(meteoroligist != atmospheric_scientist);

EDIT2
Another interesting thing to note is that the temperature can remain the same, while at the same time adding energy. A pool of water at 0^C has more energy than a cube of ice at 0^C given equivalent masses. It takes a lot of energy to melt that ice cube though, and that's what we're seeing in the arctic.

It's called Enthalpy of Fusion.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Did you know Mississippi wanted to ban public schools in retaliation for Brown vs Board of Education? They realized it wouldn't work because Mississippi didn't have private schools. ;D

I was in Atlanta and went to the Civil Rights museum. It's scary to think a lot of those racist, hateful people are still alive and vote.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

bamccaig said:

Care to name the scientist so that we can fact check your claim?

LMAO... wow... I have posted several videos that show a ton of scientists, but you all refuse to watch them. I guess you're afraid to learn the truth.

You should really do some more research before listening to all those crack pot scientists you've been digging up.

Funny, I was going to say the same thing to you. But I'm still laughing about cow farts. :D8-);D

{"name":"611972","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/0\/903d11911b7bc887b9ced87a26af0805.png","w":499,"h":597,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/0\/903d11911b7bc887b9ced87a26af0805"}611972

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig, kindly post the link to the discussion flowchart.

{"name":"80957c72518411bd61070d1b9a026d61.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/0\/80957c72518411bd61070d1b9a026d61.jpg","w":634,"h":882,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/0\/80957c72518411bd61070d1b9a026d61"}80957c72518411bd61070d1b9a026d61.jpg

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

You want real scientists, here, let me repost. These videos contain real scientists, and LOTS of them...

video

video

video

video

And if you ignore all of the above videos, check out this very short 3 mins video below about "Climate gate", where climate data was altered to support Global Warming. Check it out at least! And this was from 10 years ago...

video

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

NiteHackr said:

But you won't listen to the truth because you have been brainwashed and polarized with this us verses them attitude and you dare not cross over to the other side instead of simply looking into the FACTS and the REAL science.

You sound exactly like the liberal nutjobs talking about rape culture and the patriarchy, and if a woman says "I'm not oppressed" it's because she's secretly "internalized" the misogyny of her oppressors. What a beautifully wrapped up worldview with no holes in the logic to allow reality to come through. Like wrapping yourself in the mental equivalent of a thick blanket hoping light never pours in through the cracks.

You can't talk about science... and ignore 99% of scientists and pass off literally every counter-argument to yours as "secret government conspiracy." You can't invent a conspiracy to cover up a lack of arguments.

You're welcome to be an ignorant person. But I am not going to idly sit by without challenge when you try to persuade people to be as ignorant as you.

It's possible global warming is manmade. It's possible many of the alarmist claims by the media are wrong about global warming. None of that matters. Because if we clean up our act and we're right, we win by not dying. If we clean up our act and we're wrong... we still win by living longer healthier lives.

It's Pascel's dilemma. If you die and you believe in God, you go to Heaven. If you die and God doesn't exist, you've lost nothing. If you don't believe in God and God is real, you've lost everything.

You're basically arguing that the equivalent of humanity-as-a-whole should think... We shouldn't believe in God because he "might" not be real.

If pollution isn't real, go outside right now, turn on your car. Go find some kids at your local park, sit them behind your car and tell them to suck some exhaust fumes in. Because it's all just a conspiracy so you're not doing anything wrong at all, and even if you were, the "free market" would somehow make parks that prevent cars from spewing toxic air into childrens' lungs.

And if doing that is somehow morally wrong, why isn't it wrong when a corporation you can't put a face on, does it to millions of people? If it's wrong to shoot someone, then it's still wrong for a corporation to shoot ten thousand people.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

NiteHackr said:

You want real scientists, here, let me repost.

I want the name of this scientist:

NiteHackr said:

You were obviously quite excited about it. You seemed pretty convinced about it. Why don't you name this scientist?

I'm assuming because he never stated that global warming was false. He stated at the time (in the 80s) there was insufficient data to confirm that the models were accurate and that we should cautious about doing anything drastic until we know more, but that we should have the data needed in the next 10 to 15 years (so by the mid-00s). Further, his name was attached to an article that he had no part in. It was unethical to attach his name to it. People readily lie to get their way. I'm sure Jesus would vehemently disapprove. ::)

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

You're welcome to be an ignorant person.

And so are you.

As for my personal beliefs, the last time I checked, we were discussing the Global Warming/Climate Change hoax. Not my personal beliefs.

But I can understand how you would want to change the subject after I provided so much evidence from real scientists who refute the hoax. Turn this into a religious debate... sorry, but I'm not biting on that hook in here again.

As for pollution, we've done an amazing job reducing pollution. But pollution isn't what this is all about, it is about the myth that CO2 causes global warming, and that was disproven back in 1991 by the person that started the whole idea in the first place.

If you watch the videos I presented, you will see the idea of preventing global warming JUST IN CASE it is real is a bad one as well as there are people suffering as a result of some of the limitations governments are placing to prevent something that isn't a problem. Here in Canada alone, today we start to pay much more at the gas pumps for this lie in the form of a carbon tax, like that will prevent anything. The cost of everything will go up because of this lie. People in African cannot use their abundant coal deposits to power electric plants for their people who need it desperately but are forced to use solar panels which only generate enough power to power one light bulb or one fridge (for a medical facility that treats the poor, this is a real problem), you would know that if you watched the videos where they interview these people.

But you don't care... you want to burden society with a huge expense to prevent a problem that doesn't exist while we have poor and needy that need help where that money could be better spent!

Anyhow, I am out of this conversation. It's like talking to a wall. No amount of evidence will convince you people to stop believing this lie.

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

NiteHackr said:

...and that was disproven back in 1991 by the person that started the whole idea in the first place.

What was his name again?

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

bamccaig said:

What was his name again?

Watch the videos I posted and find out. It's in there. I'm done with this.

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

By the way, "record cold temps to start April"...

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/coldest-april-temperatures-on-record-2018-yyz-pearson-ontario-ottawa-toronto-spring-statistics/100006

...but I am sure you all will be able to explain the colder temps with global warming. ;D 8-) :D

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I don't have to. They addressed that themselves. If you weren't so lazy maybe you would read your own sources.

COLD APRIL, BUT YOU CLAIM GLOBAL WARMING?

A common misunderstanding with global warming is that it should mean every single location heats up equally and we should never experience cold if our world is warming. As you can imagine, our atmosphere and the intertwined processes are complex. It isn't a simple cause and effect relationship and it's easy to treat weather and climate as the same entity. To understand the important difference, watch the video below.

The video link is here: https://players.brightcove.net/1942203455001/default_default/index.html?videoId=5703491738001

Your move, loser. :D

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

As I said, I already knew you would be able to explain it with global warming.

If real scientists renouncing it won't change your mind and record cold temps won't convince you, than nothing will.

---

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

But record highs don't count...

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: