Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Dude, I literally googled "political positions Cortez"

But I would absolutely welcome her being opposed to fracking. I would sooner support sucking blood out of children for red paint than fracking.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

bamccaig said:

Thank you! That's very generous and noble.

I keep getting requests for it in other areas and I am not working on it so I figured why not. Deluxe Pacman 2 is a little nicer than 1 where the code is concerned. My style still may bother some, but I tried to keep it clean, commented and minimize the globals.

I am actually the most proud of how my level editor works to be honest.

Maybe someone can learn how to use certain aspects of Allegro 5 from it as well.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

The FBI opened an inquiry into Trump possibly colluding with Russia after Comey's firing. Said inquiry was taken up by Meuller following his appointment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html

But I get called a conspiracy nut and crazy for making a joke about it.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, fair and balanced(tm).

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Maybe several years from now they'll finally scrounge together enough evidence to bring a Russia case against Trump. Dream big, I say.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc,

Look up

Roman Abramovich

, a Steel Tycoon with ties to Putin and Trump. The Wall is going to be built from his steel, which only he can provide because of the specifications. It's just another business deal for Trump. He stands to make millions off it. Talk about a conflict of interest. And he's willing to shut down the government so his buddy can get the business deal of a lifetime.

Talk about impeachable offense.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

At the behest of Edgar, I resolve to post more frequently.

So I thought for certain that they stopped printing $2 bills, but I stumbled upon 4 of them last night, each from 2013! :o I was pleasantly surprised. Do any of you collect $2 bills, or any type of currency in general?

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Keep grasping at straws, Edgar.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I love $2 dollar bills. Buy them from you for a $1 a piece. ;)

;D I checked eBay for $2 bills out of curiosity, and apparently there's an up-charged market for them. Maybe I could sell mine. :P

In other news, my car kept burning through tires like there's no tomorrow, so I replaced the tie rods, then paid a business to replace the control arms and do an alignment, and thus far (fingers crossed for the future) I haven't had any tire issues. ;D I could instantly feel the difference after driving off from the alignment shop... it finally drove straight for the first time in years. I didn't realize just how bad it had become, as it happened gradually.

Oh and then today my ancient radiator sprung a leak, so I bought a new one. Installing it tomorrow.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Eric;

Canada stopped using $1 and $2 bills a lonnnng time ago, we now have coins. A $1 coin referred to up here as a "Looney" (has a Loon on it), and a $2 coin called a "Tooney".

BUT, I used to collect money, usually coins until they all got stolen on me. I still have a Canadian $1 bill from 1967, Canada's centenary, and a $2 bill from 1954. I have pics of them I took a lonnng time ago. Got them in a photo album. These are what I grew up using...

{"name":"611844","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/e\/7e914d9ca4ebbce4dd68e71c495a9019.jpg","w":640,"h":284,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/e\/7e914d9ca4ebbce4dd68e71c495a9019"}611844

{"name":"611845","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/2\/12b07f9dec9fd7e8adf42a621c8886e4.jpg","w":640,"h":282,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/2\/12b07f9dec9fd7e8adf42a621c8886e4"}611845

I used to collect pennies. Mostly Canadian, had some rare ones stolen. But I also managed to get my mitts on two very special coins to me.

{"name":"611846","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/d\/1d36a3c4e6229168a770c0462575c769.jpg","w":800,"h":392,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/d\/1d36a3c4e6229168a770c0462575c769"}611846

The coin on the left is called the Widows Mite, it would have been the same type of coin the widow put into the collection that Jesus talked about who gave everything she had. The one on the right is from around 307, the era of Constantine. That would have been around the time of the council of Nicea (sp?) when the decided which books went into the Bible and when the Catholic church would have been really formed. So a lot of history that interests me tied up with these. I never took them out of their package so you can still see the price I paid. Got them probably two decades ago or more.

Got some other coins hanging around here still, one is a Canadian penny from 1899 which was huge in comparison to what we have now. The size was determined by the value of copper, which is why pennies suddenly decreased to what they are now in 1920 (up here anyhow). Pennies from the mid-1930s are the most valuable, at least in Canada. Canada no longer uses pennies anymore as a of a few years ago.

---

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Collecting coins and currency notes used to be a major hobby of mine. There have been all sorts of strange denominations (half cents, two cent pieces, three cent pieces), twenty dollar coins and other historical oddities like steel pennies that were used to conserve copper during WW2, silver certificates, etc.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@Neil: Wow, those old coins are really impressive! :o

@Edgar: Maybe you could sell your baseball collection and undo some of that debt. :P It's surprising how valuable some cards are these days. Heck, even some old Yu-Gi-Oh! cards hold some significant value nowadays.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I have several Canadian $2 bills. I think the oldest is in the 1920's, but I'm not at home to take a picture or check as I'm in a coworking space in Medellin, Colombia ;D They're all in good condition in a laminate case though. I bought 4 of them on eBay many years ago for $12

I don't really collect anything though.

Anybody here living the digital nomad life? I have an office back home in Ontario, but I'm able to work remotely so this year when I took my 2 weeks vacation I decided to book my return ticket over a month away and bring my laptop. I've been working for the past 3 weeks in Colombia and really enjoy it. There are a lot of people here who just travel all over the world full time.

If I didn't have my stupid car, and my apartment, and my two cats, I'd have no problem affording it or being able to do it. Several people have recommended traveling to Thailand as a "digital nomad's paradise".

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Being a digital nomad sounds appealing, but it also sounds like it would be costly.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Some more coins I found stashed away.

These are Canadian coins, from left to right, 1857 Half Penny from the Bank of Upper Canada, 1899 Canadian Penny (large!) and just for comparison, on the far right is a Canadian penny from 1963 (actually still shines much like a new one, much to my surprise).

{"name":"611857","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/d\/cd1c2371fcae1c4508ffa381d543d8c2.jpg","w":800,"h":301,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/d\/cd1c2371fcae1c4508ffa381d543d8c2"}611857

That 1899 large penny was the size up until 1920. I was surprised there was a half penny, but it makes sense as copper was REALLY not worth much at that time and one penny could buy you a lot more.

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

More proven #fakenews:

"MAGA kids scream at Native American"? Not quite...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga-hat-teens-native-american-second-video/index.html

For the THIRD TIME, we found the smoking gun that will put Trump away! Just kidding... for the third time.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/426143-buzzfeed-story-has-more-to-say-about-media-than-the-president

And I'm not even saying "trump supporters" or "trump" is a good guy. The real story here, is the complete and collective failure of journalism.

Like the nationwide story about a college rape that didn't happen:

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/A_Rape_on_Campus

Or the Wall Street Executives that ruined the entire world's economy... can you name a SINGLE name of someone thanks to journalism? Do you know if any of them went to jail? (Fun fact. One. A patsy. For causing the entire world's recession.)

Or you know THE !$@!@$ DAMN IRAQ WAR. Where are the WMD's?! All we did based on that info is spend trillions, kill millions, and create ISIS. So that worked out in the end.

And what about (liberal!) journalists outing a gay executive. That was super classy and #progressive.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gawker-conde-nast-david-geithner_us_55a90c56e4b0c5f0322d0b2c

https://www.advocate.com/media/2015/07/16/gawker-blasted-posting-lurid-story-outs-executive

The list goes on... and on... and on... and I'm still only talking about the last ten years (minus Iraq). It's ridiculous.

Another one that should be known is the Duke Lacrosse case:

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Duke_lacrosse_case

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

As long as the MSM allows a preferred narrative to drive their coverage and they only vet information on a selective basis, this will be a problem.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

About Iraq, they did have WMDs, chemical weapons which Saddam used prior to the initial attack in '91. I was alive back then and I remember the news reports about how Saddam used his chemical weapons against his own people, the Kurdish people..

{"name":"611863","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/e\/3e45f684d8f1570886e66301046dc4ba.jpg","w":704,"h":396,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/e\/3e45f684d8f1570886e66301046dc4ba"}611863

{"name":"611864","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/e\/ee94943339f41042c9dbc9100f37cf17.jpg","w":271,"h":186,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/e\/ee94943339f41042c9dbc9100f37cf17"}611864

...these are images that is stuck in my mind from back then. And there's many more. There were reports back then that Saddam had stockpiled some of these weapons to use against USA when they invaded but his forward commanders refused to use them at the time. When some of his stockpiles were hit, there was clear evidence that chemical weapons were among them.

Where did most of them go? Where do you think Syria got all of theirs from?

Saddam also started working on nukes, thanks to France for a donation of a nuclear power plant at the time, but he was never able to get that program off the ground because Israel wisely destroyed his plant in an air strike.

Iraq disobeyed UN sanctions against him many times back then and the UN responded with more sanctions! It's like saying "Stop! Or I'll say stop again!", it was ridiculous. I followed those stories back then and many books have been written about it including first hand accounts of the chemical and biological weapons Saddam had. Does anyone remember all the sudden illnesses in vets that came home from that war which nobody could explain?

It was quite real, but the left, as usual, tries to spin it differently and the younger you are, the more likely you are to believe their lies as you weren't around back then when it happened. Well, I was.

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

WMD's is NUKES. They did not have NUKES.

We went to Iraq because we thought they were going to NUKE US.

-----sig:

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

Double post 8-)

Go to: