This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I just. realized the counter strike.

ahahhaha

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

My boss at my (relatively) new programming job asked me what my pronouns are. ;D

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

My pronouns are f-g and the n-word.

YOUR. MOVE.

;D ;D ;D

Seriously though, if you enjoy it, best wishes to you.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

ahhahahah. I love that.

{"name":"1437806717831.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/d\/3d04af82e7703dfc51029b7a798ae9f6.png","w":1061,"h":668,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/d\/3d04af82e7703dfc51029b7a798ae9f6"}1437806717831.png

"You are not being asked to evaluate their words. Just use them."

YOUR MOVE.

-----sig:

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I think a few of you have spent more time arguing against things like gender identity and feminism than I have spent trying to figure out who I am, and that started roughly around the time I was 6 years old wondering why boys can't wear girl's clothes... :'(

edit: wow in two more years I'll have been a member of this forum for half my life. Maybe I'll finish a game by then. ;D

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Fun fact: I thought I was gay when I was a teen.

Now who is stereotyping! :P

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Just discovered this website, "The Art of Maniless". In particular, the following article on it is great! The man is a real inspiration...

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/the-herschel-walker-workout/

Oh, and on another topic, WATCH THIS VIDEO!!! It is that important, I know the consequences of talking to the police all too well. So, watch this!

video

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

The "joke" along the lines of 'my pronouns are apache attack helicopter' is like telling a cashier 'That one's free! :) :) :)' when an item doesn't ring up properly. It might be funny the first time but it's only funny the first time.

But it doesn't stop people from repeating it all the time.

Here's a better joke: A blue shell, lightning bolt, and star man walk into a bar. The bartender exclaims, "What is this, the last lap?" Get it?

---
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I was 6 years old wondering why boys can't wear girl's clothes... :'(

Boys and girls have different clothes because they have different roles. They're there to distinguish the two. When boys start wearing dresses they're declaring they belong to the other gender. Which is just fine if you want to get ridiculed.

Fun fact: I thought I was gay when I was a teen.

There was a gay choir teacher who gave me an awful lot of 'attention'. He even bought me a gay little sun necklace, which could have been innocent, but it made me question my sexuality without any reason to. It's sick because at the same time he's supposed to be a role model you're wondering whether he fucking 'likes' you. Cold shiver. >:(

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Which is just fine if you want to get ridiculed.

Victim blaming is a Republican strategy. :'(

---
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Victim blaming is a Republican strategy.

No, they just insist that you prove you were victemized and that you're not just making it all up in order to frame an innocent person. The law states we are innocent until proven guilty.

One case I found out about recently is where a woman claimed her husband beat her, she had black eyes, bruises all over, before you read further, should she have been believed without question? Answer this to yourself, then read on...

At trial, the husband produced a security video of their bedroom showing the woman beating herself!

...the difference between the liberals and the conservatives is that the conservatives insist on the constitution and laws be enforced.

---

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

To that end, the law should be followed even if not everybody considers it to be fair. If the majority of people want a law to be changed, there are proper processes to accomplish that. This is a nation with rule of law, not rule of man.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Being lame is not an excuse.

That's an ableist slur.

I'm making a joke.

raynebc said:

To that end, the law should be followed even if not everybody considers it to be fair.

Henry David Thoreau disagrees...

---
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Boi said:

...the difference between the liberals and the conservatives is that the conservatives insist on the constitution and laws be enforced.

More right wing propaganda. Wanting to change the laws that are wrong is not equivalent to breaking the law. Also, it is such cock-a-mamy bs that only the conservatives believe in the law. Your poster child for bad behavior Brett Kavanaugh is a *REAL WINNER*. That's the best the conservatives can do? Udder phail.

raynebc said:

To that end, the law should be followed even if not everybody considers it to be fair. If the majority of people want a law to be changed, there are proper processes to accomplish that. This is a nation with rule of law, not rule of man.

Changing the law takes decades IF you're LUCKY. assert(Illegal() != Immoral()); Not all laws are moral. Non violent crimes like marijuana use and possession should be fully de-criminalized, with previous convictions overturned.

Being lame is not an excuse.

That's an ableist slur.
<spoiler>I was making a joke</spoiler>

I was using

Quote:

Lame; adj.
Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory: a lame attempt to apologize; lame excuses for not arriving on time.

this definition of lame. But your joke is acceptable.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Your poster child for bad behavior Brett Kavanaugh

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about! The law and the constitution states that EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty. Not only was there no proof of guilt, but there wasn't even a place or time and the witnesses that were said to have seen it all happened, one of them Ford's best friend, refuted it which is evidence that she lied.

But you want to ignore his constitutional RIGHTS and declare him GUILTY based on mere accusations when the man's history shows him to be a very upstanding person with over 65 women who were testified to that fact!

It is up to the accuser to prove their charges, not the accused. That is the law, and that is everyone's guaranteed RIGHT! Thanks for proving my point.

And my name is not "Neil Boi"... shall we start discussing your real name? Is that all you can do is sling insults at people rather than having a civilized discussion?!

---

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

It's very difficult to provide evidence in cases of sexual assault, especially if it's not reported immediately and that's with modern forensic science. Many women do not report rape immediately, because it is incredibly traumatizing, demeaning, and dehumanizing.

Here's a good summary: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-compassion-chronicles/201711/why-dont-victims-sexual-harassment-come-forward-sooner

Or maybe a few women with a lot to lose should it be proven they lied just want to be harassed and humiliated by conservative media and have death threats and all that, idk

---
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It's very difficult to provide evidence in cases of sexual assault, especially if it's not reported immediately and that's with modern forensic science. Many women do not report rape immediately, because it is incredibly traumatizing, demeaning, and dehumanizing.

That's all true, but it doesn't change the fact that you are innocent until proven guilty. If there's no proof then there's no way to be certain of somebody's guilt. Women lie about sexual assault regularly, and it's well documented. You cannot just take somebody's word for it. It's unfortunate, but it's fair. Which is why it's incredibly tragic when Feminists(tm) oppose educating girls and women about strategies to protect themselves because it's "rape culture" and "blaming the victim", on and on. What matters is that women can only control their own behavior, and if changes to their behavior can reduce the risks of sexual assault then it's worth educating them about. Knowing how traumatic sexual assault can be on people and how trivial it is to commit it, and get away with little evidence of it, it seems like a worthwhile sacrifice to make. But noooooooo. We can't live in a world that faces reality. We have to stick our heads in the sand and pretend the world will change because we will it so. ::)

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I think we live in different universes and somehow through Allegro.cc we communicate. That is what makes the most sense TBH. I mean, we've never been in the same room together. :o

---
they / she

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Have you ever been charged and convicted of a crime you did not commit and then spend time in jail for it?

If your answer is no, than you cannot understand why "innocent until proven guilty" is so important. I have, twice in my life, been arrested, tried and convicted of crimes I did not commit. So I fully understand the importance of innocent until proven guilty.

It may not be perfect in all cases, but it is the best we have. Otherwise you end up with a situation like the Salem witch hunts where a person was accused of witchcraft and they had to prove they were innocent or burn.

But even if as you say, a women was raped and it actually happened, she is going to remember when it happened, where it happened and there is a great possibility that there is some sort of witnesses, if not for the event itself, than for the fact that the person was where she said she was. And these days there is physical evidence, unlike decades ago, hospitals have rape kits so they can extract the DNA of the person that raped her (or him, it happens to men too).

In the case of Kanaugh, we don't know when it happened, we don't know even where it happened. She did not remember how she got there or who drove her home. The witnesses she named who she stated could corroborate her story, one of which was her best friend, refuted what she said and all stated it never happened. The alleged incident took place 36 years earlier (give or take a few years as nobody was sure even when it happened) and all women that have known Kavanaugh since that time had nothing but good to say about the man, he is a good family man and has had seven full FBI investigations done over his career as a judge.

There is absolutely no way in hell anyone could state that the man was guilty and the subject should not have even made the press it was so flimsy the police themselves would have brushed it off. I mean, can you imagine a woman going to the police and saying "I was raped!" And the officer saying "When did this happen" and she says "I don't know" and they say, "well, where did it happen" and she says "I don't remember", and they ask "well was there any witnesses?" and she names them and the police question them and all of them say "i don't know what she is talking about", and when asked who did it, "suddenly she has a clear memory", and do you think the police would run out and arrest the man? No way, it's absolutely ridiculous.

We all know why the liberals in here are upset, let's not beat around the bush on this! They don't want Kavanaugh as a Surpreme Court Justice for one simple reason, he may overturn abortion and other liberal ideals. He's a threat to them as a judge and this is all just false allegations to try and prevent him from becoming judge, well, too late. He is a SCOTUS Justice now, for life.

If you're so concerned about women's rights to be believed, why are you not demanding that Bill Clinton be arrested for all the rape allegations against him, of which there is far more believable evidence, dates, times and locations as well as witnesses to what he done!!!

This isn't about rape victims and you know it. It's about a political agenda, plain and simple.

---

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Edgar: If personal use weed arrests were overturned as a whole, who'd want to bet people would then be clamoring for weed distribution (having obviously way more weed than just for yourself) charges to be overturned? How long until people demand hard drug convictions to be reversed? There are proper ways to change the system. On its face, disobeying laws just because you don't like them is not moral. Even when the crimes are ones that you deem harmless.

About Kavanaugh, each side has political reasons to be for or against him. Objectively though, an honest person can't claim Kavanaugh is guilty of the assault accusations, because there is no evidence. Leftists can't claim they were just doing to Kavanaugh what the Republicans did to Garland, because there was no unsubstantiated, coordinated smear war waged on the latter.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

raynebc said:

If personal use weed arrests were overturned as a whole, who'd want to bet people would then be clamoring for weed distribution (having obviously way more weed than just for yourself) charges to be overturned?

There really wouldn't be because there are a lot fewer of those, and it's a lot more difficult to reason that they're innocent. It's one thing to use a relatively harmless drug, but distributing and profiting from the crime is another matter.

Just because some people might argue for more things, doesn't mean you have to give in to them. You can draw a line at reason.

raynebc said:

How long until people demand hard drug convictions to be reversed?

Again, they can demand all they want, but you don't have to humor them. Albeit, as a society, we should probably stop punishing narcotic use with prison and instead invest in social services to reduce the reliance on narcotics in the first place. Obviously prison isn't much of a deterrent. All it accomplishes is ruining people's lives permanently and making it nearly impossible to escape from the drugs. That just means more and more of the population is unproductive and even hostile.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Narcotics users fuel the market for narcotics, and the dealers and gangs are the ones that should be targeted by law enforcement. I'd be fine with a drug law enforcement policy of nearly no punishment (maybe probation and community service) for any drug user that gets caught and flips on his/her dealer leading to that dealer's arrest. I'm pretty sure this type of flipping is already the norm.

Go to: