Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I would actually weaponize groups of science vessels.

I would use them to cast defense matrix (+500? hp shield) on each of them, and then, cast irradiation on all of them which causes damage to any biological units. And then send the whole group of them into a flock of biological units.

Biological warfare? THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD.

{"name":"TruevMajor3.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/2\/825e04335867676a382763767f2aa8dc.jpg","w":494,"h":371,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/2\/825e04335867676a382763767f2aa8dc"}TruevMajor3.jpg

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Nice! been a while since I played Starcraft, I should boot it up again. I loved the 2D graphics for it and how their map/mission editor worked.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

3 days without a post? I think we're due for a religious debate.

How can there be more than one God? Surely there can only be one true God? By that deduction, some religions are just wrong.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

I'll settle for the conclusion that most people are wrong about most things.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I'm of the opinion that we should do our best to get along and respect each other.

My view of things is that our solar system could, in fact, be an atom that makes up something.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'm getting married on Saturday. In a church. The officiator is even going to "bless" the wedding with a prayer. Fortunately, I get to hold onto the bride's hands so neither of us gets disoriented and falls over. That way, if a supreme being wishes to smite me with lightning he'll get her too! >:(

Apparently they're going to have a "hymn" sung during the signing of the legal stuff. It was my mom's idea. At this point I'm pretty sure she hasn't mentioned to anybody at the church that I'm an atheist. And I figure for my own good it's best that I don't mention it either. Instead of us playing a fun song on the stereo system it sounds like they're going to ask all of the audience members to sing a song from the hymn books. I don't think the song has been picked. I just hope it doesn't suck. I'm going to try not to stroke out. If I don't pass out first.

But my fiancee was the designated driver for my "bachelor party" and dropped us off (and picked us back up of course) at a strip club to end the night. So there's that I guess.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

That way, if a supreme being being wishes to smite me with lightning he'll get her too! >:(

Matt will find you...

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

bamccaig said:

I'm getting married on Saturday.

Mail me a slice of wedding cake!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Negative. That sounds like way too much effort. But I might post a picture of it if I get the chance. But let's be real here: Saturday I'm little more than a walking drone that will likely hate his life. What happens to the cake (which is being gifted by a friend!) is of little concern of MINE. If it were up to me there would be no cake. There would be an empty cake lid and when it was lifted there would be a Portal joke. Instead, I need to worry about kissing and dancing for an audience. >:( >:( >:(

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Marriage. That's a big step.

How long until you take the ultimate step and invite her into your CS:GO league?

-----sig:

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

There's always cake.

Congratulations, bamccaig!

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

bamccaig said:

Negative. That sounds like way too much effort.

Final offer: would you do it for a Scooby Snack?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

How long until you take the ultimate step and invite her into your CS:GO league?

I love how nerdy that sounded. >:( But I am not in any league. In fact, our cake topper is a bride dragging a groom away from CSGO, but alas in the last 2 months CSGO performance has gone to shit with the forced introduction of a new UI. I cannot even play it on my hardware anymore. So I've been forced to revert back to CSS.. I'm a little upset with CSGO at the moment for this, but ultimately this experience is just reinforcing all of the ways that CSGO did [eventually] improve the formula.. I miss plenty of things, but it's also nice to re-experience the few things that CSGO regressed on.

...would you do it for a Scooby Snack?

I would do it for free, but not with you. :-X

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Congrats Bambams!

I saw Florence + The Machine today in Charlotte, NC. She was awesome.

And Bambams would've loved her quip about toxic masculinity. (He wouldn't have.)

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

toxic masculinity.

lmfao

Get woke. Go broke.

Seriously though. Imagine casually talking about "toxic femininity" casually. Like, just walking into a conversation and saying a word that implies all women have this shared flaw and everyone knows it, and that it's INFECTIOUS. Implying some aspect of women is like a disease or cancer.

Because every man on the planet whose ever been in a long-term relationship knows there are things women do that are counter-productive to their relationships with men, or even women. How women will try to control the workplace, for example. And women will HATE another woman if she has a "good" feature (like a nose) that the first woman is self-conscious about (her own nose).

But we don't go around talking like all women are somehow defective. We don't put up billboards that say "I just wanted to work. She wanted to control the workplace." over the highway.

No, that'd be be insulting as hell.

But men let women get away with saying completely insane things.

video

Feminists tell us words have meaning, and then attach MAN to the front of every evil, bad word. MANspreading. MANsplaining. Toxic MASculinity.

[And other great thing is. If men control everything, why would they LET women air their grievances in the news? It doesn't make any sense. If you control everyone, why would you give them an opportunity to tell others to free themselves? IT'S STUPID. And men have daughters and we're supposed to think they would take any random man's Patriarchy control, over that of their OWN DAUGHTERS well-being?]

And the world is starting to wake up. The group that USED to be feminism, has been taken over by people who use all the good will and good works by actual feminists. And turned it into a bullying movement.

I will never forgive Feminists for looking the other way when a guy shot and killed dozens of gays at the Pulse nightclub shooting. Gay people are people too. But if they have a penis, somehow, feminists don't care what happens to them.

-----sig:

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Get woke. Go broke.

idk what you mean

Dude the Florence + The Machine concert was wholesome, positive, and welcoming. And she's a feminist...

I don't know but all the feminists I look up to (modern or historical) or associate with (in person or online) are all cool. Maybe you need to stop generalizing.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Audric
Member #907
January 2001

Opening the reply page takes 50 Mb (network), mostly caused by a dozen of >1Mb animated GIFs.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

{"name":"6a00e00988aca9883301630127dae0970d-800wi","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/c\/7ca1aed3467d34dd206fa033914bafa6.png","w":561,"h":586,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/c\/7ca1aed3467d34dd206fa033914bafa6"}6a00e00988aca9883301630127dae0970d-800wi

-----sig:

Go to: