This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

With hair like that, you post as many times as you want. :-*

;)

bamccaig said:

If you wanted to go that route you could pretty much do it yourself. Wrap it, cut most of it off, and then shave the rest.

I didn't realize I could do it all myself. I'll look into that.

Quote:

As a little aside, if you decide to take an actual razor to your head to get closer be very careful.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll probably just get a hair trimmer or whatever and buzz it as short as it can go without shaving it. I don't know how short that'll be though, but probably won't make for an authentic bambams look. :'(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Most of the time that's all I do too. Using a razor gets a cleaner look, but similar to your face it only lasts a day or so. I don't have the ambition to retouch it every day. I just buzz it and maybe shave it and then let it grow until it gets annoying or starts to look bad. For example, greatest thing about shaving your head is that you cannot have a bad hair day. You can wake up and just immediately go out. Once it's shaved there's zero maintenance. Your eyes may be crusty, your nose may be congested, but the top of your head will be presentable! It takes a few weeks or a month or so before it starts to be a bother again. I usually hold off until I shave it again.

A downside though is that your head is less protected from the Sun. If you also consume great amounts of alcohol or other substances that dehydrate you it can certainly have an effect.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Thanks for the heads-up.

ಠ_ಠ

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Thanks for the heads-up.

ಠ_ಠ

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Quote:

ಠ_ಠ

I don't know what that face is supposed to mean, but it's creeping me out! :o Also, now you have double posted!

bamccaig said:

It takes a few weeks or a month or so before it starts to be a bother again. I usually hold off until I shave it again.

How long is it after that point? I honestly don't know how fast hair grows; mine's been too long to really notice.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Everybody's hair is different. I think mine grows very slowly because I don't cut it often and I shave it instead of cut it. I can probably go about 3 months and only grow about half an inch.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

As a little aside, if you decide to take an actual razor to your head to get closer be very careful.

"Thanks for the heads-up."

{"name":"tom_delay.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/f\/efa01930209b493a0efd543ec24d4df0.jpg","w":600,"h":390,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/f\/efa01930209b493a0efd543ec24d4df0"}tom_delay.jpg

-----sig:

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@bamccaig: Good to know. I asked just in case I screw it up and make mine too short. :P

@Chris: ;)

Chop that shit off!!!!1111llll

I'm working on it! Gotta buy some hair clippers first.

In other news, today is Piccolo Day. :D

{"name":"611467","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/d\/fd3cc3b0d3e8d19be702ce145c767ed3.jpg","w":1200,"h":900,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/d\/fd3cc3b0d3e8d19be702ce145c767ed3"}611467

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Most hair grows around 1/2 an inch a month. Check wikipedia if you don't believe me. ;)

Piccolo day is also my brother's birthday. And I also chopped off all my hair and my beard. I didn't have much, but I was gettin pretty shaggy. Your turn, Eric. ;) xD

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Piccolo day is also my brother's birthday.

Happy belated birthday to your brother.

Quote:

And I also chopped off all my hair and my beard.

You're not going to grow it out and sport a sick philosopher's beard? :(

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

My beard is funky - I have a bald spot in the middle of my moustache, and my chops are like peach fuzz - I can't grow lamb chops like Elvis. My moustache kept tickling my nose and it drove me crazy so I just gave it all the ax.

EDIT
You mean like fu-man-chu?

{"name":"1965-THE-FACE-OF-FU-MANCH-011.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/c\/dc3ddd38b5ef4556b8f00b8791386f83.jpg","w":1212,"h":727,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/c\/dc3ddd38b5ef4556b8f00b8791386f83"}1965-THE-FACE-OF-FU-MANCH-011.jpg

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

You mean like fu-man-chu?

More like an old wizard who lives alone atop a tall tower who bestows upon young adventurers the ability to materialize turkey sandwiches in exchange for news of the rest of the world.

I mean like Gandalf.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I met a guy like that once. Here, have a turkey sandwich. Any news of the rest of the world?

{"name":"turkey-sandwich.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/e\/4e940d8123fb61369b3dada1d3e23521.jpg","w":600,"h":399,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/e\/4e940d8123fb61369b3dada1d3e23521"}turkey-sandwich.jpg

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

My car is sick with a fever.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

My beard is funky - I have a bald spot in the middle of my moustache, and my chops are like peach fuzz - I can't grow lamb chops like Elvis. My moustache kept tickling my nose and it drove me crazy so I just gave it all the ax.

I fail to grow hair to connect my mustache with my beard. :( I always assumed it was called a "goatee", but I guess it's a "French cut", and I'm partly French apparently, so you'd think I could do it, but there are always obvious gaps even at 31! I just let it all grow until it becomes uncomfortable tickling me and then I shave it right to my face until I get carded buying beer again. Alas, in the last week I've been carded even with a beard. Bet you feel stupid now, eh. But I won't hate on you doing your job. It's poison, and if you can keep one person from becoming addicted to this sweet poison its worth it.

But I also fail to grow hair straight down the middle on my chin and neck. I'm a neckbeard 90% of the time except for that gap. I couldn't care less. Even if I did grow thick hair I wouldn't maintain it. Fuck it.

But the point is, I can relate to any struggles in trying to fill their face. You're not alone, and there's nothing wrong with it. I've never once been berated or questioned about it.

My car is sick with a fever.

Alas, I finally have paid off my 2008[1] Ford Ranger which my parents lent me money for to buy 3 or 4 years ago. I told Miranda now that I own it it's going to start breaking down. Doesn't the fucking heat suddenly quit on her while she's driving to work on a chilly Spring day. FUCK. Fortunately, we have a separate car, which has sounded better, but it's a Toyota so fingers crossed, and I have been getting away with working from home for a few months, so we have nothing to whinge (sp?) about.

References

1. I fucking wish it was 2018!
Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I hate facial hair.

My facial hair grows too fast. In a week I'd have a light beard. I sometimes have to shave twice if I have something important later in the evening, like a date.

I take my appearance and hygiene incredibly seriously. Brush my teeth 2-3 times a day, shower 1-2 times a day, shave 1-2 times a day, good clothes, tasteful usage of makeup, regular exercise, decent diet ... I probably spend an 30-45 minutes a day on this stuff excluding exercise.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I do the opposite. I shave, and then let it grow out for a week or two. I like how I look with and without a beard.

-----sig:

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

So, as I was driving today, got a call from the shop saying they won't be able to tell me much of anything until tomorrow afternoon (or that's the soonest I will get my car back. Damn Bluetooth on the loaner they gave me was REALLY QUIET on phone call by default).

Also, DAMN FIREFOX! Why you get so slow all of a sudden?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Also, DAMN FIREFOX! Why you get so slow all of a sudden?

When social justice took priority over progress. ;) It's the feature bloat of society.

-----sig:

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I met a guy like that once. Here, have a turkey sandwich. Any news of the rest of the world?

Tasty sandwich, thanks! Apparently Nintendo is bringing back its NES emulation box soon.

I take my appearance and hygiene incredibly seriously. Brush my teeth 2-3 times a day, shower 1-2 times a day, shave 1-2 times a day, good clothes, tasteful usage of makeup, regular exercise, decent diet ... I probably spend an 30-45 minutes a day on this stuff excluding exercise.

You must be beautiful.

When social justice took priority over progress. ;)

I haven't followed Mozilla in a while. Are they SJWs now?

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I haven't followed Mozilla in a while. Are they SJWs now?

Whatever the case, it gets laggy enough that you can compare it to some old version of IE in terms of speed.

---
MiquelFire.red

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think it started a few years ago when they forced the CEO to resign. From there they took over the entire organization, and the software has gone to shit as a result. They completely alienated their userbase and just don't care. And their products are worse than ever.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: