Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I would have translated it as:

In the jungle, I use leaves to wipe my ass.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I would have translated it as:

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion shits down koala bears' throats.

>:(

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

No, it's:

Does a Bear shit in the woods?

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

DanielH said:

Does a Bear shit in the woods?

Yes, but only if someone is around to see it happen.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Schrodinger's shit?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

In the jungle, I use leaves to wipe my

This made me laugh out loud. Fits the pic perfectly. ;D

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

It's behind me at the office right now ;)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

The poop or the poster? Or the Koala?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

The poster ;-p

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

The poster's behind you, is he? 8-)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

NSFW

{"name":"a99.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/3\/436677c97789f244dffe6f15e77ff739.jpg","w":600,"h":629,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/3\/436677c97789f244dffe6f15e77ff739"}a99.jpg
{"name":"e56.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/2\/e28291773ffb8fcf0e46f3b36e4a48a9.jpg","w":480,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/2\/e28291773ffb8fcf0e46f3b36e4a48a9"}e56.jpg

Ever heard of the "rape sloth" meme? ;D

-----sig:

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Would any of you be interested in a copy of Majesty Gold HD and/or Majesty 2 for Steam? I have a key for each. They're just not my kind of game, and so I'd like to gift them away to someone who would actually play it.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Is this another one "free steam keys" post where you also posted to the entire Twitter universe first-come-first-served? >:(

Those games don't look like my styles either. For anybody that is, they appear to be on sale right now on Steam pretty cheap as well so if somebody on Twitter beats you you can probably afford them anyway. :P

(The English in this post appears to be terrible, but I blame an infection for that..)

Append:

The rape sloth is one of the brilliant ideas that we have the Internet to thank for. It's things like this that make the world a better place.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

bamccaig said:

Is this another one "free steam keys" post where you also posted to the entire Twitter universe first-come-first-served? >:(

I didn't post to Twitter this time. Just here and on the IRC channel. ;)

What kind of games fit your style anyway (other than CS:GO)?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

What kind of games fit your style anyway (other than CS:GO)?

It's kind of hard to answer that these days.

My all time favorite game is Final Fantasy VII. I've enjoyed the odd bit of Final Fantasy since, but as an adult I don't really have the time to invest, and I also find the modern releases lack the magic that made VII what it was.

Mostly I prefer games with story and action. See the spoiler for more details and history.

The Grand Theft Auto series has been a staple in my library. I used to enjoy the Driver series too, but the developers couldn't compete with Rockstar. I loved the original Max Payne games, but they really fucked up MP3. I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption and look forward to the sequel, but for reasons explained later won't likely get to play it for a while.

I enjoy the Gran Turismo series, but I'm not motivated to make time for it anymore. I've already gotten my fill of that. They've sort of taken it too far now to where I can't even use 5% of the game's content, and I'm more interested in action/adventure games with stories.

I love the Uncharted series too, but I'm currently boycotting PlayStation due to hardware faults with the previous generation so I haven't had a chance to play the PS4 release(s). Maybe when the price of a PS4 drops enough I'll pick them up. I loved The Last of Us too. I've been a fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, but I've found the sandbox gameplay in MGSV isn't very interesting. I reached Quiet, who was inspiring, but not high enough resolution ;), and haven't really fired up my aging 2nd PlayStation 3 since.

I used to enjoy the SOCOM series back in the day too.

I really enjoyed Skyrim, but that's the first and so far only Elder Scrolls game I've really gotten into. I'm really excited about The Witcher 3, which looked similar, but my computer can't run it, my operating system isn't supported, and I lack any supported consoles for aforementioned reasons.

I love the Half-Life series, and my heart is broken that plans for a 3rd episode/game appear to be abandoned. I also love the Portal series. I just recently played through the gratis Portal Stories: Mel mod, which was a lot of fun and felt very professional.

I never really got into the original Deus Ex games, nor System Shock games, but I was in college before I ever heard of them and just didn't have the time. I did enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I enjoyed Borderlands, but the only thing that motivated me to endure the grinding was mysterious woman that would appear to the player in visions, and when I learned that this character is never really explained/met/etc., I lost interest. I despised the repetative gameplay, but I only played solo and the series really shines playing cooperatively with friends.

I still enjoy the odd indie title. I loved the Penumbra series, and had high hopes for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but had technical difficulties that halted gameplay. I just played through the now officially released Overgrowth game too, and its prequel/tech. demo Lugaru. I really enjoyed World of Goo and Human Resource Machine. Faster Than Light was a pretty good time waster too, but I'm not good enough at it to play it often. I got 19 hours out of it though according to Steam, which is respectable.

This is by no means complete, but probably hits most of the important marks.

Mostly I just play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (before that, Counter-Strike: Source). For that reason, I'm somewhat out of touch with newer releases. I'm just an old man stuck in his ways now I guess.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Bam's favorite game is currently Player Unknown's Battlegrounds.

;)

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Oh yes, that is a fun game too. Unfortunately it's Windows only. Worst of all, it feels like it's riddled with hackers, and they don't (or didn't last time I played) give you the tools to check it for yourself. Every time you die out of the blue, which is almost every time, you suspect a hacker did it. That's no fun to play so I have taken a break from it, but it's otherwise a really neat game.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It may actually gotten worse. That, or since I rank ~4,000 on the US servers, I'm nearer all the hackers. But we've lost countless games to hackers.

Now, before you get !@$!'d by a hacker, the game is still fun with friends. But knowing "I should have won" when there were 2 people left (you and another guy) and the other guy ends up... on top of a three story house with no stairway up shooting down at you. You feel pretty pissed.

Also, I've mentioned with my friends many times, PUBG should drop everything and focus on hackers #1 (they can !@$!'ing afford a full professional security team). Why? Because here's what happens:

- You play a game normally. You win or lose. You accept it.

- You play a game with hackers. You win or lose, or get !@$!'d by a hacker. The PROBLEM is that it's often hard to tell whether you got owned by a really-good (TM) player, or, simply a hacker. (Especially in survival games like PUBG where you can't see the actions of other players and there's no replay.)

- So the more times you DO die from a hacker, the more times you start to QUESTION whether your "questionable deaths" from "possible" hackers (OR quality players). You start questioning EVERYTHING. It's a seed planted in your head that you can't remove. "Was I just cheated out of a win/a kill/survival?" It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy (of sorts) where you're brain starts associating "dubious loss" with "definitely cheating" when before you were more objective about it.

So now, even with my friends, I've watched it happen and we all agree that more and more dubious events that we used to brush off as good players we now assume are cheaters and increase the "number of times burned by cheaters" in our head mentally. All subconsciously. The game experienced is tainted.

It's like when you hear of some black guy shot by cops and the cops get off. The cops might be totally innocent and legally justified. But in your head you're still thinking, either "maybe they're all corrupt" or even worse, "they are all corrupt." (And at that point you're jaded to the point of rejecting negative evidence to the contrary.)

I'm certainly affected at this point. We're seeing hackers every time we play. They don't always win (because they suck, otherwise they wouldn't need hacks), but it's enough to taint our perception of the game and if it gets much worse, we'll have to stop playing a game we absolutely love playing.

I want to give PUBG devs the benefit of the doubt. I know it started with a modder, and now a (large) indie team of hard working people. But I'm running out of reasons to cut them slack for still not dealing with something 100% more important than any other problem in the game. You cannot have a competitive game with cheaters.

Nobody would watch football/basketball/etc if players started running out of bounds and into the stands and then "scoring" by tossing it in. (As hilarious as that would be to see once.)

[skip to anywhere around 3m30s, no idea why Allegro doesn't support that.]

video

-----sig:

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

bamccaig said:

I really enjoyed Skyrim, but that's the first and so far only Elder Scrolls game I've really gotten into.

You should check out Oblivion if you're itching for more Elder Scrolls. It's a bit older (from 2006 I think) and has some clunky mechanics, but I like its RPG mechanics more than I did with Skyrim's.

[skip to anywhere around 3m30s, no idea why Allegro doesn't support that.]

Holy shit! I had no idea football was so exciting! :o

So what are you all doing for Halloween? I'll probably play some Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 on Steam (just got it; it's fun) and maybe watch one of the Harry Potter movies with my dad.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

So do any of you own a Nintendo Switch? I've been thinking about getting one to play the new Mario game.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I got the Switch at a Midnight launch.

The main part of the new Mario game is SHORT! But there's content to see AFTER you beat the main part of the game. There's a level stuck behind 500 power moons (without buying them, there's over 800 of them things to find) And there was another one, but I forgot how many you need for that one (got it fairly soon after I beat the main game)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

My brother loves his switch but I have no real experience with it other than holding it a couple times and pushing some buttons.

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

My brother loves his switch but I have no real experience with it other than holding it a couple times and pushing some buttons.

{"name":"tenor.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/d\/7d51cad05adb789910ac71b256600b72.gif","w":350,"h":350,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/d\/7d51cad05adb789910ac71b256600b72"}tenor.gif

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I play PUBG (and other games) on a 55" 4K screen, sitting on my desk, ~2 feet away.

{"name":"9PqAvl9.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/2\/a2242073b00e14b193e0917783bd3420.jpg","w":5312,"h":2988,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/2\/a2242073b00e14b193e0917783bd3420"}9PqAvl9.jpg

Super messy shot:

{"name":"1evgpt6.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/c\/fcd3eeaf06a966e702b7da7e4194c18c.jpg","w":5312,"h":2988,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/c\/fcd3eeaf06a966e702b7da7e4194c18c"}1evgpt6.jpg

One of those windows in the middle is... a full 1080p screen.

Somehow, a switch seems unimpressive by comparison. ;D

I tend to buy consoles now when they get super cheap. I still haven't played through all the "best" Wii games, let alone Wii U, and then switch.

-----sig:

Go to: