Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

0x29 is not twentynine, it's two-nine. The ty in twentynine refers to decimal numbers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

0x29 is not twentynine, it's two-nine. The ty in twentynine refers to decimal numbers.

Good point! It's 2 times 16 + 9. 2 times 16 is not twenty, it's 32.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Which browser(s) are you guys using? I recently dropped Vivaldi for Chrome again. Vivaldi has a few quirks when it comes to how JavaScript events prevent defaults from firing (like how CTRL+S in Google Docs saves the document in Chrome, but triggers a "save full page" in Vivaldi; or how right-click events don't fire correctly at all in Vivaldi).

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Which browser(s) are you guys using?

Still using Firefox myself, current version I have: "54.0.1 (64-bit)". Works well, always has for me.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Neil Roy said:

2 times 16 is not twenty, it's 32.

Or maybe it's 2C, which equals 10 × 2 + C which equals d/d2 5·2².

Chrome :) Also, is that an onigiri holding a club?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Also, is that an onigiri holding a club?

No, it's the player character from my game, Mori. It's 8x8 pixels total (but obviously blown up here), so there's not much detail; it's supposed to be a blue blob with an eyepatch though.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Mainly use Firefox here.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I prefer to use Pentadactyl on Firefox, but because of the breaking changes to the extension API over the past few years it's barely functional anymore and its developers are struggling to maintain it. I still barely hold onto Firefox for personal use, but I use predominantly Chrome for work because it tends to be more reliable for development. It's also my go-to if I need the browser to just work without fighting with script and cookie allowance. The truth is that none of the modern browsers are very good.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I'm not. I just stick my finger in the ethernet socket and render the page directly to the optical centre of my brain.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Chrome

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Quote:

Chrome

LennyLen uses Cranium Chromium.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

LennyLen said:

I'm not. I just stick my finger in the ethernet socket and render the page directly to the optical centre of my brain.

How unfortunate it must be when you encounter pop ups. :(

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

How unfortunate it must be when you encounter pop ups.

My arm has embedded adblocking technology.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Don't worry. Whenever a new member joins, we secretly implant a microchip into their bodies. We know their every move.