Thread locks too soon
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

Oops!

One of the best scenes is at the end of the movie.

Kelly LeBrock as the new gym teacher! And don't forget the big pile of Chet!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

My brother had his phone stolen and missed his train to come and visit me because he had to give a police statement. Meanwhile, my mum is feeling ill and hasn't yet been able to make the journey (driving). So it's an unexpectedly lonely Christmas for me so far :-X

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Uh oh, there's a game I was planning to stream tonight. Hope it's back up by then. Or at least offline mode works.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Steam must be back online now, because I can access it.

[Edit]
Lots of good games are on sale right now. I'm tempted to buy the first two Fallout games... Any suggestions for good games?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

My suggestion is to not buy anything that you don't plan to play now. I cannot count the games that I have bought on Steam sales that I never play. If you never play them then a sale is not saving you anything... If there's a game that you already wanted and that's on sale then go for it! There's a couple of my wish list that are on sale, but mostly not tempting enough to go for it... I know I'll probably just keep playing CS:GO and neglect any new games... :P As it is, I need to find the time to get back to MGSV on my PS3 to finish that before I forget about it... And find a million hours to max character attributes for the FFVII weapon fights to finally check that off my list...

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

bamccaig said:

My suggestion is to not buy anything that you don't plan to play now.

Yeah, I know... :P I've done that a few times already, but I always get to the games eventually. I suppose there will always be another sale, so it's not a big deal to skip this one.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Oh man, I fell into the trap... I just bought Lisa and Outlast. :( At least I was smart enough to stick to the cheap end of the spectrum. I also try to avoid buying any non-Linux titles right now. I have no intent to install Windows again so I'm trying to hold out and hope that titles like TW3 come to Linux. :-/ And in the meantime, no matter how good the sale, skip them. But if you don't have it yet, I do recommend TW3. 50% isn't bad.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

What's TW3?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I have a hunch TW3 is The Witcher 3.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Yeah, The Witcher 3.

Not sure I'll ever play that one. I bought and played through a good chunk of the second game, but didn't really like it. The first few hours were explosively fun, but it totally tanked once I reached Flotsam, and I stopped playing.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I haven't personally played it yet, but it looks like an upgraded Skyrim and I immensely loved Skyrim. It had more than its share of bugs and immersion breaking moments, but the good times more than made up for the bad. You do need a bit of imagination, but I think the best games do. Our imaginations are far better at satisfying us than anything man-made. I like to think that a good game is just a tool to inspire the imagination.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Oh... that game... Meh. At least I got my copy for free. Eventually stopped GOG's thingy from auto starting on my computer in the long run though.

---
MiquelFire.red

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Christmas thread bump. What did you receive/buy today? (Yesterday for those in +GMT timezones)

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I got some ca$h. 8-) Probably going to buy Fallout 1 now on Steam. :D

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Cash. Haven't left the house yet, just now getting on the computer.

---
MiquelFire.red

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I got money and a gift certificate towards a remote starter for my truck! :o:D I also share an Android TV box with my finacee, along with various candies and beers and a drinking accessory (her dad sent me a boot glass from Montana's).

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I got a sleeping bag from my wife and various smaller backpacking gear from her family. They have this neat system where everyone shares wish lists at the beginning of December and then others can buy (and cross off) stuff. And yes, me and my wife plan to go backpacking in 2017 - only missing a tent and a backpack now :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The Witcher 3 is a great game. It's not likely to be available on Linux any time soon as RE3 doesn't support linux, and I think they're too busy working on CyberPunk 2077 to work on the engine.

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Funnily enough, the PS4 is BSD-ish, and Linux and BSD applications are somewhat similar. Red Engine 3 might have the support half-baked. But that is true, all effort must be on Cyberpunk. Maybe in a few years they will take on the project.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

{"name":"610697","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/4\/443ec1fe6f719e9aa7f115b18ca04d46.png","w":416,"h":201,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/4\/443ec1fe6f719e9aa7f115b18ca04d46"}610697

The time estimate is wrong, but we all know about that with the Windows copy dialogue, don't we :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

132 is the Pokedex number for the Pokemon Ditto.

My avatar is a Ditto.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

For once, an on-topic post in this thread!!! ;D

Here, I wanted to post that I was wrong, and instead of

this.Over9000?(this, args);

you have to write

this.Over9000?.Invoke(this, args);

But I can't :'(

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Go to: