Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » allegro 5.0.10: window does not appear

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
allegro 5.0.10: window does not appear
Ojars_L
Member #15,861
January 2015

Hello, I have a very strange problem. I have installed allegro 5.0.10 on my W7 s.p.1 home PC with MS VS express 2010, and all works fine. Decided to install allegro 5.0.10 on my notebook ASUS x53B with W7 s.p.1 & MS VS express 2010. All the configuration settings & solution properties are identical. I linked with allegro-5.0.10-monolith-md-debug.lib on both computers. When I run test program from allegro wiki on my notebook, then opens only console window, without main window. Output window says: Build: 1 succeeded, 0 filed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped. When I press CTRL+F5 appears a small application icon in the tray. As I mentioned, the same test program and others works fine on the home PC. Where could be the problem?
By the way, how can I insert code examples in the message?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

We really need to fix that bug. My best guess is that we're passing in origin coordinates from querying the screen sizes, and somewhere its getting invalid coords... I think that happened to me on X more than once.

Also, if we are doing that, they should only be used if the user sets initial window coords, otherwise default to the OS's default window positioning (it generally gives the user what they expect).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Ojars_L
Member #15,861
January 2015

Thanks!
al_set_window_position helped!

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

So I'm confused, does this happen only with multiple monitors, or even if there's only 1?

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

SiegeLord said:

So I'm confused, does this happen only with multiple monitors, or even if there's only 1?

It also happens on my windows pc, which only has one monitor.

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

Go to: