Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » About time

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
About time
Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Bob: If I can get a woman, then you or any other broken man surely can.

Did I miss a reply? I don't see that post, or the pic.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Bob Keane said:

Did I miss a reply? I don't see that post, or the pic.

Looks like the post was deleted, presumably by Matthew as the most quick and direct way of removing the picture from the forum (which everyone agrees shouldn't have been posted in the first place).

Edit: Also, congrats on having a positive turn in your life, SonShadowCat. I was hesitant to congratulate you on such a thing since it sounds kind of patronizing, but if you are happy and want to share then that's great :)

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

{"name":"TZxCFbc.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/e\/4ed9aed812907864c5ffe75dbc3043d1.jpg","w":768,"h":1024,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/e\/4ed9aed812907864c5ffe75dbc3043d1"}TZxCFbc.jpg
My sweetie.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Looks like the post was deleted, presumably by Matthew as the most quick and direct way of removing the picture from the forum (which everyone agrees shouldn't have been posted in the first place).

No, ML deleted it because he doesn't like me. He's mean.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Huh...didn't we recently all talk a load of old rubbish about girls not being on this forum? You can't even post a picture of one! ;D.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

If someone wants to backup the picture then I'm all for it. Would be the first time I've had woman worth backing up, haha.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

BamBam said:

Looks like areal bitch to me.

Considering the current usage of that word, I am offended. A dog is a very loving and loyal animal, not a bitch. Chris, I hope the two of you are happy.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Bob Keane said:

Considering the current usage of that word, I am offended. A dog is a very loving and loyal animal, not a bitch. Chris, I hope the two of you are happy.

Bitch is still the current use for the name for a female Canine. I'm sure you were at least partially joking...

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

No I was not and am not.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Bob Keane said:

No I was not and am not.

IF that is true, you might need to get your dog to give you back your funny bone.

8-)

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

I must say it's a weird experience to be with a woman who, by all rights, should be way out of my league. I asked her out on a date and now she's planning the whole date as a surprise.

I must have done something right.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

If I had to guess I'd say you have a massive percy, or John Thomas, or piece of pork.

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

She hasn't seen my "John Thomas" so that isn't it.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Oh. Err....I'm out of guesses then!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"I+aint+saying+she+a+gold+digger.+but+she+aint_5916e1_4360632.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/4\/c46a3fd0ab50efb7b8ff1d1fbf9c132a.jpg","w":590,"h":775,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/4\/c46a3fd0ab50efb7b8ff1d1fbf9c132a"}I+aint+saying+she+a+gold+digger.+but+she+aint_5916e1_4360632.jpg

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Too bad she gets paid more than I do.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I didn't say it was. ??? He keeps asserting that she's out of his league and expressing confusion over it. The thing to keep in mind is that women find different things attractive than men. What is attractive to women is predominantly wealth and power. Looks don't hurt, but they'll take an old, wrinkly blob of fat with millions of dollars over a muscle man with job at McDonald's and a bus pass. As long as you look like you can support her, or help support her lifestyle, she will likely find that attractive. Whether she plans to rob you in a divorce, exploit you in marriage, or just live happily-ever-after in relative luxury is anybody's guess. :) At this stage she's probably just trying to figure that out about you for herself.

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

Doesn't really matter Bambam, you'd better off following Ed suggestion.

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I've read that some beautiful women actually have that problem of men, especially regular men, thinking they are untouchable, so the only interest they get is from insincere jack ass players.

If you are a decent, reliable, non emasculated wuss, you are likely to attract and keep a woman you'd normally consider out of your league. That can sometimes be part of the appeal, you're not likely to "trade up". Hard to trade up from a beautiful, sincere, loving woman.

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'm not the one that posted a discussion thread about getting a girlfriend out of their league. If the OP doesn't want to discuss it perhaps he shouldn't post a discussion thread about it, or the mods should have deleted the entire thread instead of just the photograph. :P

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Good lord people. Is this really what we're talking about?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

I see nothing wrong with bambam's suggestion even if it is cynical :). At the very least, you're right about my ability to maintain her current lifestyle.

And yes, CK, we are. Have something better to do? No, don't answer that.

1   2   3 

Go to: