About time
SonShadowCat

I've been single for several years now and been more or less ok with it. A nurse started working at my facility last year but she had boyfriend so I was too shy to even really talk to her. (Un)fortunately, they broke up several months ago and I worked up the courage to finally begin talking to her. After a few months, lots of talking, and a few dates, I finally worked up the nerve to make a move and I wasn't immediately punched.

It's about time I found someone as amazing as her. She's ex-Army(actually a turn-on), intelligent, educated(BA in biology and working on her RN license), funny, very attractive, interesting, active, and accepting of my current personal situation. Now I just have to make sure I don't make the same mistakes I've made before!

I also only have three months before I get my paralegal degree. Things are finally looking up for me!

OICW

Congratulations then! As for repeating mistakes, take it as comes. Hopefuly, you'll be able to act based on your previous experience much better and not repeat your past mistakes. Sure, there are going to be new ones but that's a different story.

Dizzy Egg

A picture of her boobies or it didn't happen.

pkrcel

Now I just have to make sure I don't make the same mistakes I've made before!

Yes! try to go with a whole brand of exciting NEW ones! 8-)

Sounds really great, wish the bestest to you (I reacall you a single father?)

Derezo

I feel like most of my relationship "mistakes" have been worth making in the long run... most.

Arthur Kalliokoski

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."

LennyLen

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."

"'Tis better to have loved a short than to never have loved a tall."

Derezo

She's 6 feet tall :'(

Bob Keane
Derezo said:

She's 6 feet tall

A woman you could look up to. Congrats and think kindly on those of us who have less.

Derezo
Bob Keane said:

A woman you could look up to.

Not so much, I am 6'4"... so.. yeah. There was that.

My mistake was moving too fast. Way too fast. I was right struck by her from day one (when she was still with her boyfriend). The whole thing deserves it's own bambamesque post and I wont hijack SSC's thread with it ;)

Dizzy Egg

Wow! She's beautiful!! :-*

LennyLen

Bob: If I can get a woman, then you or any other broken man surely can.

Even Bambams?

pkrcel

Even him.... I know worse guys which do have.

Slartibartfast

I'm sure most of us could run a marathon if we really wanted to (it would of course require training) and yet none of us ever will ;)

Chris Katko

Step 1: Talk to women.
Step 2: Repeat.

All other problems will be fixed during this process.

Trezker

"wasn't immediately punched"
But you were eventually punched?

Derezo

In lieu of boobies, here is a picture:

She's damn fine... but posting her picture was probably mistake #1. ;)

As for dating advice for fellow Allegrodiles...

Believe in yourself.
You can do anything.
The only limit is yourself. 8-)

SonShadowCat

Mistakes are much like falling trees in the forest: if no one sees(hears) it happen then it didn't happen.

Gideon Weems

Congrats!

Take it easy and enjoy the ride.

bamccaig

Congrats to the OP. Life is not fair so try to appreciate it while it lasts and never take it for granted (or do: we learn from our mistakes...).

Dizzy Egg said:

Wow! She's beautiful!! :-*

QFT. :D

LennyLen said:

Even Bambams?

>:(

pkrcel said:

Even him.... I know worse guys which do have.

8-)

Derezo said:

She's damn fine... but posting her picture was probably mistake #1. ;)

QFT. :-/

SonShadowCat

I tried giving in to the collective wisdom of you men but it won't let me edit out the picture.

Gideon Weems

It's on Photobucket. Delete it at the source.

Then again, she's pretty. Don't delete pretty things.

pkrcel

I tried giving in to the collective wisdom of you men but it won't let me edit out the picture.

C'mon, you're not bragging....this is just fine, leave it at that.

bamccaig

It's on Photobucket. Delete it at the source.

A.cc has been caching images for years now (last time I checked). It doesn't matter if it is removed from the original source. :o

Then again, she's pretty. Don't delete pretty things.

Don't worry, we all backed it up for him. :-*

Gideon Weems
bamccaig said:

Don't worry, we all backed it up for him. :-*

Ahahaha.

How often does she hear this?

video

Bob Keane

Did I miss a reply? I don't see that post, or the pic.

Slartibartfast
Bob Keane said:

Did I miss a reply? I don't see that post, or the pic.

Looks like the post was deleted, presumably by Matthew as the most quick and direct way of removing the picture from the forum (which everyone agrees shouldn't have been posted in the first place).

Edit: Also, congrats on having a positive turn in your life, SonShadowCat. I was hesitant to congratulate you on such a thing since it sounds kind of patronizing, but if you are happy and want to share then that's great :)

Chris Katko

{"name":"TZxCFbc.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/e\/4ed9aed812907864c5ffe75dbc3043d1.jpg","w":768,"h":1024,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/e\/4ed9aed812907864c5ffe75dbc3043d1"}TZxCFbc.jpg
My sweetie.

Bob Keane

Looks like the post was deleted, presumably by Matthew as the most quick and direct way of removing the picture from the forum (which everyone agrees shouldn't have been posted in the first place).

No, ML deleted it because he doesn't like me. He's mean.

Dizzy Egg

Huh...didn't we recently all talk a load of old rubbish about girls not being on this forum? You can't even post a picture of one! ;D.

bamccaig

My sweetie.

Looks like a real bitch to me. >:(

SonShadowCat

If someone wants to backup the picture then I'm all for it. Would be the first time I've had woman worth backing up, haha.

Bob Keane
BamBam said:

Looks like areal bitch to me.

Considering the current usage of that word, I am offended. A dog is a very loving and loyal animal, not a bitch. Chris, I hope the two of you are happy.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Bob Keane said:

Considering the current usage of that word, I am offended. A dog is a very loving and loyal animal, not a bitch. Chris, I hope the two of you are happy.

Bitch is still the current use for the name for a female Canine. I'm sure you were at least partially joking...

Bob Keane

No I was not and am not.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Bob Keane said:

No I was not and am not.

IF that is true, you might need to get your dog to give you back your funny bone.

8-)

SonShadowCat

I must say it's a weird experience to be with a woman who, by all rights, should be way out of my league. I asked her out on a date and now she's planning the whole date as a surprise.

I must have done something right.

Dizzy Egg

If I had to guess I'd say you have a massive percy, or John Thomas, or piece of pork.

SonShadowCat

She hasn't seen my "John Thomas" so that isn't it.

Dizzy Egg

Oh. Err....I'm out of guesses then!

bamccaig

{"name":"I+aint+saying+she+a+gold+digger.+but+she+aint_5916e1_4360632.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/4\/c46a3fd0ab50efb7b8ff1d1fbf9c132a.jpg","w":590,"h":775,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/4\/c46a3fd0ab50efb7b8ff1d1fbf9c132a"}I+aint+saying+she+a+gold+digger.+but+she+aint_5916e1_4360632.jpg

SonShadowCat

Too bad she gets paid more than I do.

bamccaig

That doesn't actually change a damn thing. :-/

Edgar Reynaldo

Gold digger status has not been proven at all.... stuff it bambam

Congratulations SSC. :) Hoping to find myself a purty little gal too someday...

bamccaig

I didn't say it was. ??? He keeps asserting that she's out of his league and expressing confusion over it. The thing to keep in mind is that women find different things attractive than men. What is attractive to women is predominantly wealth and power. Looks don't hurt, but they'll take an old, wrinkly blob of fat with millions of dollars over a muscle man with job at McDonald's and a bus pass. As long as you look like you can support her, or help support her lifestyle, she will likely find that attractive. Whether she plans to rob you in a divorce, exploit you in marriage, or just live happily-ever-after in relative luxury is anybody's guess. :) At this stage she's probably just trying to figure that out about you for herself.

pkrcel

Doesn't really matter Bambam, you'd better off following Ed suggestion.

Thomas Fjellstrom

I've read that some beautiful women actually have that problem of men, especially regular men, thinking they are untouchable, so the only interest they get is from insincere jack ass players.

If you are a decent, reliable, non emasculated wuss, you are likely to attract and keep a woman you'd normally consider out of your league. That can sometimes be part of the appeal, you're not likely to "trade up". Hard to trade up from a beautiful, sincere, loving woman.

bamccaig

I'm not the one that posted a discussion thread about getting a girlfriend out of their league. If the OP doesn't want to discuss it perhaps he shouldn't post a discussion thread about it, or the mods should have deleted the entire thread instead of just the photograph. :P

Chris Katko

Good lord people. Is this really what we're talking about?

SonShadowCat

I see nothing wrong with bambam's suggestion even if it is cynical :). At the very least, you're right about my ability to maintain her current lifestyle.

And yes, CK, we are. Have something better to do? No, don't answer that.

Derezo

Tonight I drank some Macallan, wandered into the Neon Moon, drank some MGD, played some pool, wandered off into Up's N' Downs, and then took a taxi home.

I was positive I had the barmaid at Up's N' Downs. Her name was Octavia and she referenced another Octavia and I provided her with additional information about the other Ovtavia because my sister was friends with her though elementary school and high school... she thought I was being random but I knew the exact other Octavia she was referencing and it was weird omg! I EVEN PLAYED THE UKELELE WHICH I HAD CONCEALED FOR SUCH AN OCCASION >:(

She was playing with her hair constantly. Dog gambit! I feel like a sex machine that's run out of fuel. :-/

I hate everyone >:(

bamccaig

Derezo wins the thread. :o

Derezo

Where can I exchange my threads for pussy? >:(

Thomas Fjellstrom
Derezo said:

She seemed interested, why didn't you pursue?

pkrcel

He lost his senses soon enuff, that's why.

Bob Keane

I must say it's a weird experience to be with a woman who, by all rights, should be way out of my league. I asked her out on a date and now she's planning the whole date as a surprise.

Enjoy the ride. Don't think about the mechanics of motion.

bamccaig
Derezo said:

Try here.

Derezo

I was right hammered.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Derezo said:

I was right hammered.

Trying to get nailed? Threads help, along with the pimp hat and platform shoes.

bamccaig
Derezo said:

I was right honest.

FTFY. If I knew the answer to your question I would have cashed mine in already. >:(

Derezo

I wasn't trying to get nailed. Every day is an adventure! Meeting new people has gotten more fun over the last couple years. ;D

bamccaig
Derezo said:

I wasn't trying to get nailed.

Derezo said:

Derezo said:

I was right hammered.

Sounds to me like you were trying to find a nail to hammer. :D Aren't we all? ???

Thread #614106. Printed from Allegro.cc