|Allegro 5.1.8 released!|
Changes from 5.1.7 to 5.1.8 (January 2014)
The main developers this time were: Beoran, SiegeLord, Trent Gamblin,
- Allow MSVC to use DLL TLS but disable DLL TLS by default.
- Do not include windows.h via allegro.h.
- Fix some memory leaks on X11.
- Spell ALLEGRO_DST_COLOR, ALLEGRO_INVERSE_DST_COLOR with "DEST"
- Fix bug which meant ALLEGRO_INVERSE_SRC_COLOR and
- Fix horizontal and vertical shears which were not composing with
- Optimise al_restore_state if saved target display/bitmap are unchanged.
- Fix _al_display_settings_sorter ordering of indexes when scores are equal.
- Use a minimum 16x16 texture workaround even on desktop OpenGL.
- Propagate errors up OpenGL lock bitmap implementations.
- Use proxy bitmap when locking writable backbuffer regions on GLES.
- Clean up FBO creation during bitmap locking.
- Move the half-pixel shift in D3D into the projection matrix.
- Fix al_get_d3d_texture_size returning zeros.
- Remove ALLEGRO_FORCE_LOCKING flag.
- Setup GL viewport and projection in al_acknowledge_resize on Android.
- Improve implementation of display options on Android: use the same display
- Add al_ferror and al_ferror. Initial patch by Tobias Scheuer.
- Make al_fclose have a return value.
- Check al_fclose return value in saving routines.
- Make al_fopen_fd not leak a FILE handle in a failure path.
- Make al_make_temp_file allocate temporary buffer to match the template.
- android: Interpret the path to APK asset as AssetManager doesn't.
- android: Correctly return -1 for APK asset file size if it can't be
- android: Support ungetc on APK file streams.
- android: Fix EOF handling in AllegroInputStream.
- Initial haptics API, only implemented on Linux to begin with.
- Use Linux input API for joystick driver instead of deprecated joystick API.
- Use Linux joystick driver on Android if OUYA model detected
- Use thread for hotplugging joysticks on Linux instead of timerfd
- Report unichar in KEY_CHAR events on Android. (Todd Cope)
- Added some Android gaming key codes.
- iOS touch coordinates need to be multiplied by contentScaleFactor.
- Android touch input id 0 was incorrectly treated as invalid.
- Automatically call OnLostDevice and OnResetDevice on HLSL shaders.
- Remove #version specifier from all shaders.
- Remove generic audio event source and AudioQueue events.
- Don't queue silent fragments at start of new audio streams.
- Make stream_read return correct number of filled samples when no data is
- A DirectSound voice could not be restarted once it has been stopped.
- Fix crash when attaching empty stream to dsound voice.
- Reset buffer position in stop instead of play in dsound voice.
- Fix calculation of current sample position in dsound voice.
- Reset audio stream when al_set_audio_stream_playing to false for voice and
- Emit stream fragment events when a stream is started.
- Remove unnecessary reallocation of the channel matrix.
- Add al_fill_silence.
- Add al_get_audio_stream_played_samples.
- Fix deadlock in Pulseaudio driver. Reported by Bluebird.
- Let al_set_sample_instance_playing work for unattached instances
- Enable the use of the unpatched DirectX SDK to build.
Audio codec addon:
- Fix looping in Ogg Vorbis stream. (Todd Cope)
- Seeking in wavs would always have returned success.
- Fix many problems in Android native image loader, including:
Native dialogs addon:
- Change native menu ids from int to uint16_t due to limitation with
- Rename the primitives buffer flags.
- Simplify the prim buffer hints.
- Simplify the al_create_vertex_buffer API.
- Actually implement uninitialized vertex buffers.
- Add indexed buffer API.
- Polylines with ALLEGRO_LINE_CAP_CLOSED cap style did not draw correctly
- Take into account the projection matrix when computing the scale of the
- Replace enum arguments for al_draw_polyline and al_draw_polygon with
- Fix a bug where some glyphs would be blank.
- Allow glyph allocation to fail without crashing.
- Separate Allegro library Java code from the original example project for
- Build Allegro library as a JAR.
- Rename Java package to org.liballeg.android.
- Change how the application shared library is specified. Override the
- Add a method to tell if the user exited main in the Android Java code.
- Add a fix for the case of launching another activity from your game on
- Refactoring and clean up.
- Remove al_iphone_get/set_screen_scale as not really needed and confusing.
- Integrate Android port into build system, including building and launching
- Detect OpenGLES/2 libraries on Android.
- Let clang use same options as gcc in build system.
- Made the C-parser used in the Python API generator understand more type
- Make demos and most examples run (somewhat) on Android.
- Add touch input support to various examples.
- New examples: ex_file, ex_haptic, ex_haptic2, ex_touch_input.
- ex_prim: Demonstrate indexed buffers.
- More more minor bug fixes and changes.
- Documentation updates.
- Syntax highlight the C source examples and prototypes in the documentation.
MD5SUMS: b206601c8099d0a3c2fddc52a595e1a7 allegro-126.96.36.199z 9a2c43e080cbcb8a88e6e4c955cf9613 allegro-5.1.8.tar.gz 87bb62f8510826130cbd0b4406be580f allegro-5.1.8.zip
As always, thanks for all your hard work in getting this release done.
Don't forget the most important improvement of all... we got the welcome.wav from A4 back!! Now Allegro users can feel properly welcomed.
Try this if you've got it at home :
And after that, just:
to round up the night.
Changelog looks great! I will try new versions for iOS, Android and Windows when I have time.
Is there a roadmap for 5.2 anywhere?
I'm planning on just developing with the 5.1/5.2 branch, since I don't require much stability at the moment.
I'm doing my development on 5.1 and it's very nice, almost stable almost all of the time. And if something is strange then it's quickly fixed.
5.1 development it is, then!
I have a utility that I'm rewriting; it can be my guinea pig. Originally, it was written with the latest 5.0 at the time, so there shouldn't be any huge surprises.
Awesome! Thanks guys.
Anyone have a MinGW 4.7.0 build of this one yet?
I have it for MinGW 4.8.1. Video working fine.
Thank you, maybe it's time for me to upgrade my MinGW.