Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Problem installing allegro 5 on vs 2012

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Problem installing allegro 5 on vs 2012
skypower
Member #14,723
November 2012

Here is my original question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13490085/cant-build-allegro-5-solution-in-msvc-2012

I should have posted it here initially but w/e.

dauntingButtons
Member #14,725
November 2012

I've also had this problem with installing Allegro on MSVC 2010

The EXACT problem actually, with the same errors and everything.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

#define ALLEGRO_STATICLINK

Before you include any Allegro headers.

dauntingButtons
Member #14,725
November 2012

I tried that but still get the errors.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Are you selecting the same runtime as all of your libs (including Allegro)? It's in C/C++ options->Code generation.

skypower
Member #14,723
November 2012

I used the "#define ALLEGRO_STATICLINK" but no luck.

In my code generation options, in the field "Basic runtime checks" there is a "both" value assigned. In the runtime library field, there is "multi-threaded debug DLL".

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Make sure you link to the right Allegro library. For multithreaded debug I think it's called "allegro-<version>-md-debug". Sounds like you might be linking the "mt" version.

skypower
Member #14,723
November 2012

Finally!

The problem was not the md (I already had it like that) but specifing the allegro version:

From 5.0.? to 5.0.7

Thanks for helping!

dauntingButtons
Member #14,725
November 2012

Yeah that was the fix. Thanks dude.

André Silva
Member #11,991
May 2010

Ooh, that can kinda be considered my fault. When I added info on how to statically link to that article, I replaced all instances of "5.0.6" by "5.0.?", so the tutorial wouldn't look like it only works for A5.0.6. But to be honest, I don't think it'd be hard to understand that the question mark was meant to be replaced. But hey, if anyone has any idea on a better method than a question mark, feel free to say it!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

5.0.X

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

5.0.SUBMINORVERSIONNUMBERHERE

;D

Or really just: "5.0.x (where x is the sub minor version number of the version of allegro you are using)" or something like that.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

André Silva
Member #11,991
May 2010

I was gonna go with 5.0.X, but I figured someone might eventually think it's referring to a new version. Like uh... I think Genecyst's last version is X.X.X. Of course this likely wouldn't happen with Allegro, with al_get_allegro_version() and all.
But I'll change it all the same, and add a small warning.

Go to: