Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Problem installing allegro 5 on vs 2012

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Problem installing allegro 5 on vs 2012
skypower
Member #14,723
November 2012

Here is my original question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13490085/cant-build-allegro-5-solution-in-msvc-2012

I should have posted it here initially but w/e.

dauntingButtons
Member #14,725
November 2012

I've also had this problem with installing Allegro on MSVC 2010

The EXACT problem actually, with the same errors and everything.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

#define ALLEGRO_STATICLINK

Before you include any Allegro headers.

dauntingButtons
Member #14,725
November 2012

I tried that but still get the errors.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Are you selecting the same runtime as all of your libs (including Allegro)? It's in C/C++ options->Code generation.

skypower
Member #14,723
November 2012

I used the "#define ALLEGRO_STATICLINK" but no luck.

In my code generation options, in the field "Basic runtime checks" there is a "both" value assigned. In the runtime library field, there is "multi-threaded debug DLL".

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Make sure you link to the right Allegro library. For multithreaded debug I think it's called "allegro-<version>-md-debug". Sounds like you might be linking the "mt" version.

skypower
Member #14,723
November 2012

Finally!

The problem was not the md (I already had it like that) but specifing the allegro version:

From 5.0.? to 5.0.7

Thanks for helping!

dauntingButtons
Member #14,725
November 2012

Yeah that was the fix. Thanks dude.

André Silva
Member #11,991
May 2010

Ooh, that can kinda be considered my fault. When I added info on how to statically link to that article, I replaced all instances of "5.0.6" by "5.0.?", so the tutorial wouldn't look like it only works for A5.0.6. But to be honest, I don't think it'd be hard to understand that the question mark was meant to be replaced. But hey, if anyone has any idea on a better method than a question mark, feel free to say it!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

5.0.X

“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as "bad luck.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

5.0.SUBMINORVERSIONNUMBERHERE

;D

Or really just: "5.0.x (where x is the sub minor version number of the version of allegro you are using)" or something like that.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

André Silva
Member #11,991
May 2010

I was gonna go with 5.0.X, but I figured someone might eventually think it's referring to a new version. Like uh... I think Genecyst's last version is X.X.X. Of course this likely wouldn't happen with Allegro, with al_get_allegro_version() and all.
But I'll change it all the same, and add a small warning.

Go to: