Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Snake on wine

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Snake on wine
J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

nvm... I had an uninitialised boolean in the snake update, which defaults to false in debug mode, but no such luck in wine. Fixed.

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

My first thought:

Serpent au vin
{"name":"eating_snakes.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5c7bd6060c004f170fc86f2bac2fe4b.jpg","w":400,"h":323,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5c7bd6060c004f170fc86f2bac2fe4b"}eating_snakes.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

J-Gamer said:

uninitialised boolean

And to think people actually try to defend those ridiculous languages where that can actually happen. :(

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

I'll defend C(++) happily :P

I think the "don't pay for what you don't use"-principle is great. Even if it means your variables aren't guaranteed to be initialized. Or in other words: if you don't need an initial value, you won't be forced to assign one. I agree there are few cases where it will actually make a difference, and that there are cases where you can forget initializing. If there is any importance to initialization, though, it deserves a place in the code. And having to call upon an obscure directive to disable initialization, or even not being able to do it, just seems like a misfeature to me.

Serpent au vin turned up 2 results in google. :-/ Apparently eaten in China and America.

Go to: