Snake on wine
J-Gamer

nvm... I had an uninitialised boolean in the snake update, which defaults to false in debug mode, but no such luck in wine. Fixed.

Johan Halmén

My first thought:

Serpent au vin
{"name":"eating_snakes.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5c7bd6060c004f170fc86f2bac2fe4b.jpg","w":400,"h":323,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5c7bd6060c004f170fc86f2bac2fe4b"}eating_snakes.jpg

Bruce Perry
J-Gamer said:

uninitialised boolean

And to think people actually try to defend those ridiculous languages where that can actually happen. :(

weapon_S

I'll defend C(++) happily :P

I think the "don't pay for what you don't use"-principle is great. Even if it means your variables aren't guaranteed to be initialized. Or in other words: if you don't need an initial value, you won't be forced to assign one. I agree there are few cases where it will actually make a difference, and that there are cases where you can forget initializing. If there is any importance to initialization, though, it deserves a place in the code. And having to call upon an obscure directive to disable initialization, or even not being able to do it, just seems like a misfeature to me.

Serpent au vin turned up 2 results in google. :-/ Apparently eaten in China and America.

Thread #610382. Printed from Allegro.cc