Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Amsterdam visit

Credits go to Andrei Ellman and Evert for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Amsterdam visit
OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

So, the time is nigh. Just to wrap it up: tomorrow an Allegro meet-up in Amsterdam held at place of choosing by gentlemen Andrei Ellman and/or Evert (most likely an Irish pub or de Beiaard). The only variable is time. I think that it is safe to assume that I can be at 1930 at the Spui tram station to meet up with Evert.

Is that OK?

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Possibly.

My constraint is that I need to have dinner first and then have time make my way down and at the moment two people at home have a cold/flu/something similar. I will try to be home and fix dinner at sixish, so that we have time to put the kid to bed at sevenish. That should give me enough time, but it leaves little margin for error.

Alternatively (if we're possibly going to end up there anyway) we could meet up at de Beiaard at 20:00, which gives me a little more time to get there and allows who ever gets there first to sit down and have an early drink.

I'd say you can recognise me by my Allegro t-shirt, but it's not warm enough to wear just a t-shirt, so it'd be covered up by my sweater anyway.

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Apart from my goatee, I look more or less the same as I did in '06, but even so, I'll be wearing a geeky T-shirt (possibly one with an Atari logo on it).

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Allright then, 2000 at de Beiaard, that should get rid of most possible moments. I should be wearing red-bleck checkered shirt. Friend of mine is almost hard to miss in a crowd, blonde hair and almost always red faces :) I'll be looking forward to seeing you.

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Evert said:

I'd say you can recognise me by my Allegro t-shirt

Off-topic... but where did you get one?

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Evert said:

I'd say you can recognise me by my Allegro t-shirt

Make sure to take some pictures, I want to know what that t-shirt looks like :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Of course, pictures or it didn't happen :) I'll try to get some.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

SiegeLord said:

Off-topic... but where did you get one?

It's a souvenir from my meetup with Matthew.

I'll bring it anyway.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I just returned back home from Amsterdam. It was a fabulous weekend and I definitely have to return there. Oh, by the way the Conterto music store is absolutely awesome :)

Anyway, on Friday me and my friend met at De Beiaard with Evert and Andrei. It was a nice evening, I was glad to meet you guys in person. And of course, pictures:

Me, Evert and Andrei (left to right):
{"name":"605762","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/6\/c63c2afb89be5627b2dbdec555717c14.jpg","w":800,"h":532,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/6\/c63c2afb89be5627b2dbdec555717c14"}605762

My friend Jan, Evert and Andrei (left to right):
{"name":"605763","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/d\/1decf7cd26478d5029bd2b74a6d9cffd.jpg","w":800,"h":532,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/d\/1decf7cd26478d5029bd2b74a6d9cffd"}605763

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Why has no-one bought Evert a cold beer??

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

We're not all alcoholics. :-/

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

You didn't drink Allegro Brew?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Dizzy Egg said:

Why has no-one bought Evert a cold beer??

I don't like beer.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Also mind that the pictures were taken couple of minutes before we all left the place and headed to our homes.

They haven't got any left :-/

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Gah! Only just remembered the Allegro brew stickers.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I'll buy you a Pepsi(TM)(Nectar of the Godz) and you can put a beer label on it to shut these guys up. Win-win!

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Actually, I don't like cola either (wouldn't be good for me either). Besides, it's not my problem if other people have a problem with me not drinking beer. :P

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Damn you Evert, damn you and you're non-beer drinking ways.

>:(

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Evert said:

Besides, it's not my problem if other people have a problem with me not drinking beer. :P

No problem. >:( Somebody has to drink it if you won't. :-*

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. :D

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I volunteer for drinking all the coke.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

OICW: You look so... Czech. ;D

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

gnolam: you mean I've a backup parachute always with me? I'm working on that ;) Other than that I don't seem to get it :(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I don't really know Czech stereotypes, but perhaps he means how serious you look in the picture? :P Your face is just straight and tense.

1   2   3 

Go to: