Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Installing Allegro5 under C::B

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Installing Allegro5 under C::B
radmack
Member #13,819
December 2011

Yes, I know, there is a lot of solutions, how to install A5, but I tried almost everything and still couldn`t cope with that. I downloaded Allegro5.0.5 from depot, included files to MinGw, added the libs to linker, but the compiler doesn`t see the library. No such file or directory. :-/ Could you help me by giving me your assumptions?

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Have you read the tutorial on the Wiki?, because it doesn't mention anything about including files to MinGw.

radmack
Member #13,819
December 2011

Of course I have. But I am including all the files to the mingw folder to have everything in one place. Btw. how to change the compiler/libraries path in c::b? Maybe something is wrong with that.

Wiki method: I`ve included the bin files to my project, but there wasn`t anything like

libdumb-0.9.3-static-md

in the bin folder

Just addons like

allegro_dialog-5.0.5-md

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

radmack said:

Of course I have.

how to change the compiler/libraries path in c::b? Maybe something is wrong with that.

I don't get it, that's also explained on the wiki... Are you reading this tut?

Quote:

Wiki method: I`ve included the bin files to my project, but there wasn`t anything like

libdumb-0.9.3-static-md

in the bin folder

They're in the "lib" folder, you need those files depending in which type of build you want: static or dynamic.

bin folder = dynamic link
lib folder = static link

radmack
Member #13,819
December 2011

Ok, I am done with the installation. But there is another problem. If I want to draw something or I have to check clicked mouse buttons, I am getting this error:

error: cannot convert 'ALLEGRO_MOUSE_STATE' to 'const ALLEGRO_MOUSE_STATE*' for argument '1' to 'bool al_mouse_button_down(const ALLEGRO_MOUSE_STATE*, int)'|

What does it mean? How can I solve this problem?

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

radmack
Member #13,819
December 2011

It is working now :)

I haven`t spotted sending by reference in this function. ::)
Thank you

Go to: