Installing Allegro5 under C::B
radmack

Yes, I know, there is a lot of solutions, how to install A5, but I tried almost everything and still couldn`t cope with that. I downloaded Allegro5.0.5 from depot, included files to MinGw, added the libs to linker, but the compiler doesn`t see the library. No such file or directory. :-/ Could you help me by giving me your assumptions?

AMCerasoli

Have you read the tutorial on the Wiki?, because it doesn't mention anything about including files to MinGw.

radmack

Of course I have. But I am including all the files to the mingw folder to have everything in one place. Btw. how to change the compiler/libraries path in c::b? Maybe something is wrong with that.

Wiki method: I`ve included the bin files to my project, but there wasn`t anything like

libdumb-0.9.3-static-md

in the bin folder

Just addons like

allegro_dialog-5.0.5-md

AMCerasoli
radmack said:

Of course I have.

how to change the compiler/libraries path in c::b? Maybe something is wrong with that.

I don't get it, that's also explained on the wiki... Are you reading this tut?

Quote:

Wiki method: I`ve included the bin files to my project, but there wasn`t anything like

libdumb-0.9.3-static-md

in the bin folder

They're in the "lib" folder, you need those files depending in which type of build you want: static or dynamic.

bin folder = dynamic link
lib folder = static link

radmack

Ok, I am done with the installation. But there is another problem. If I want to draw something or I have to check clicked mouse buttons, I am getting this error:

error: cannot convert 'ALLEGRO_MOUSE_STATE' to 'const ALLEGRO_MOUSE_STATE*' for argument '1' to 'bool al_mouse_button_down(const ALLEGRO_MOUSE_STATE*, int)'|

What does it mean? How can I solve this problem?

Matthew Leverton
radmack

It is working now :)

I haven`t spotted sending by reference in this function. ::)
Thank you

Thread #609260. Printed from Allegro.cc