Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Avatar image sources

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Mine's a spaceship, and her name is Ryo-Ohki.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

SiegeLord said:

I was given my avatar for my special forum skillz... I dunno where it came from.

Aw, admit it! You just want to get Ms. Pac-Man, for a quarter she'll eat balls 'til she dies!

xDssW.gif

How do you get a gif to display now?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Someone on a.cc needed a squirrel for the main character in a game. I still can't figure why he refused my 30 s art work. I even had a name for it.
{"name":"604895","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/0\/404d7b4d5531294220cd179bfbecd50f.png","w":421,"h":266,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/0\/404d7b4d5531294220cd179bfbecd50f"}604895

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I seem to remember a thread where we discussed a squirrel platformer back in the days when I still had the energy to keep my post graph going up at a decent rate...

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

The shark is based on a 3D model of a leopard shark, kindly offered for free download by someone somewhere on the internet (along with some 30 other sealife species); I used them as test data for my 3D engine, and the leopard shark stood out for its fantastic facial expression. The avatar is actual output from that render engine (which also makes it kind of unique, since I haven't published the renderer nor anything else it output).

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Looks like a nice model for a game.
My first idea is a shark racing game, you get powerups from eating fish that swims in the race track area.
3D racing in the ocean, imagine the scenery you could make. :D

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Mine is my photo.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Mine is me in my christmas clothes.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

I took mine using a sony cyber-shot, its a feral cat living on the university campus engineering building around 9 pm at night under palms. I have a much larger version of it.

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

@verthex: It would be great if you could post the full copy, I am curious to have a look at what they look like full size.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Timorg said:

I am curious to have a look at what they look like full size.

You've never seen a cat in real life ???

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

Its more the evil glowing eyes, and the tail, that makes me want to see the full sized picture.

This is Australia, so I have seen cats, and seen feral cats that would make Texas jealous, but I haven't seen that cat in real life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

I have it backed up on some dvd and I don't have the time to search through my collection, sorry.

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

No problem, my curiosity shall survive I am sur.... ooh shiney.

1   2 

Go to: