Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Is A4 abandoned?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Is A4 abandoned?
23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

You did. You're the one going on about how I'm making demands when I never made any.

Dude, I'm not going to copy and paste everywhere in this thread alone where you sound like a entitled child, or we'll be here all day.

Quote:

If I'm not the only one affected by it, then it's not dishonest to speak plurally. ::)

And since you are, then it is. Not one of those threads was about your particular request. And not all requests can be granted (which should be obvious).

Quote:

Okay, so I'm not demanding, but I am. That makes a lot of sense buddy. ;)

Comments like "When did I say the world owed me anything? It probably does though". Make sense yourself; you ain't owed squat. No one here is.

Quote:

So when you're done having your period, let me know, and then maybe this could be a real discussion again. :-X

Discussion's over. Devs prefer the current setup, everyone else either agrees or doesn't care. Can't be that important.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I'm making demands

Okay, so let's see, a suggestion I made in an entirely different thread was brought up here as a point to mock me, and somehow I'm making demands. I see how that logic is clear now. ::)

Dude, I'm not going to copy and paste everywhere in this thread alone where you sound like a entitled child, or we'll be here all day.

You're the one who sounds like a spoiled brat. Putting so much effort into shooting down an innocent suggestion to make things easier that was made in an entirely different thread.

23yrold3yrold said:

Discussion's over. Devs prefer the current setup, everyone else either agrees or doesn't care. Can't be that important.

One developer is against a monolith build, none of the others stated their opinion here one way or the other. Stop pluralizing, it's dishonest. :P

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

Edgar, why don't you take the time to add the feature yourself? Cmake really isn't that hard. I agree with you that its a useful thing to have which is why I made the patch for linux.

If I get some time I can attempt something in windows but I rarely ever use it so I don't know how likely that is. But really this discussion is sort of pointless, either accept that no one will do it or do it yourself.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Putting so much effort into shooting down an innocent suggestion to make things easier that was made in an entirely different thread.

I don't care about the suggestion; it's a non-issue for me. I'm here for the lulz. Gotta be the fourth time I've said it now.

Quote:

One developer is against a monolith build, none of the others stated their opinion here one way or the other. Stop pluralizing, it's dishonest. :P

As a software developer who works on a team, I'm going to presume that suggestions are discussed and approved/rejected as a team. If the library doesn't have the feature, and isn't getting it, then I can reasonably guess the majority vote. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe someone's working on it right now. We'll see? Another thing I'll repeat; if the demand was there, the feature would be in. kazzmir did it for Linux, and now it's done. There. See how easy that is? Much more mature.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

@Kazzmir
To actually get it done, you would need a consolidated list of all the source files in the build, and a way to make sure that all of the addons are (going to be) built first. I'm not sure how to aggregate the different lists of source files together when they are probably separated into different modules. Also, I have pretty much zero experience with cmake, and their documentation is pretty sketchy as well, so I'm not very enthusiastic about learning it.

@23yrold3yrold
I was fine with the fact that there was no monolith build. Someone else brought it up, and all I did was defend my opinion that it would be useful. If you don't have anything useful to add, go crawl back under your bridge, troll.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

To actually get it done, you would need a consolidated list of all the source files in the build, and a way to make sure that all of the addons are (going to be) built first. I'm not sure how to aggregate the different lists of source files together when they are probably separated into different modules. Also, I have pretty much zero experience with cmake, and their documentation is pretty sketchy as well, so I'm not very enthusiastic about learning it.

That is a very nice summary of why nobody wants to do it.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

You trolled by bringing up SFML and Trent called you on your bullshit. Cue you sounding butthurt for the rest of the thread. I get the sense there's a history there, and I'm tempted to go find out about it, but I'm not that desperate for entertainment. ;D

Don't start nuthin', won't be nuthin. Troll. 8-)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I get the sense there's a history there

It's just that both Trent and Edgar can get upset very easily when there's any hint of disagreement. And they tend to infer things that were never implied. So they make quite the pair.

Sorry dudes, just Dr. Leverton making his rounds.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

It's just that both Trent and Edgar can get upset very easily when there's any hint of disagreement.

{"name":"popcorn_yes.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/d\/fda44bdf61fd9fdb37246b1f0e47a260.gif","w":301,"h":250,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/d\/fda44bdf61fd9fdb37246b1f0e47a260"}popcorn_yes.gif

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

@23yrold3yrold
So simply mentioning that I'm considering another library is trolling then? In the very same paragraph, I did mention that I considered both A4 and A5 useful, but no one mentions that. If none of you care about what library I use, then why did you all have such a giant hissy fit about it? Furthermore, the only one trolling in this thread was you 23yrold3yrold. Making claims I was making demands when I didn't even bring up the subject in the first place. Desperately arguing that no one else thought it was a good idea, even though Mark Oates said he would like it if it got implemented, even though Kazzmir liked the idea enough to modify the package config script to link all the libraries together on Linux / OSX. So who's the one wasting peoples time here? You are. So take your ass fetish somewhere else gaywad.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

So simply mentioning that I'm considering another library is trolling then?

Depending on how it's mentioned ... yes.

Quote:

I did mention that I considered both A4 and A5 useful, but no one mentions that.

Because the thread isn't about if A4 or A5 are useful. Of course they're useful; why would you get any credit for pointing out the obvious? It's about whether A4 or A5 would be suitable for Paul whoknows, given his personal requirements.

Quote:

why did you all have such a giant hissy fit about it?

Actually, I gotta admit something; I didn't even notice AMCerasoli prompted you to post until just now. And it was apparently about you crying. So I was right; there is a history and it is amusing! ;D Otherwise, who would bring you up out of the blue, and why would you bite so fast after Trent's post?

Quote:

So who's the one wasting peoples time here? You are.

Yeah, turns out I trolled you and I wasn't even trying. Does this mean I trolled myself? Damn I'm good. And I even got you to call me a gaywad. 8-)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Yow. Double post. You da man 23.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

FUCKIN EH

REVISION: Nuts it corrected. :( Oh well ... going to bed, post more lulz.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Bah, it got BALLEETED.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

To summarize:

• Allegro 4 is not abandoned and never will be in the sense that anybody, at any time, can volunteer to work on it, and nobody will get in his way.

• Allegro 4 is abandoned in the sense that very few people will do that.

If you want to continue discussing monolothic builds, alternative libraries, and any other nonsense, then take it to the off-topic board.

1   2   3   4 

Go to: