Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A question to all the married men

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
A question to all the married men
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Derezo said:

There is at least one point, so "there is no point" is flat out incorrect.

Well, as long as a minority party gets a little money out of the deal, then sure go for it. ;) That way they can waste it on advertising that won't matter because they still won't win. ;) And in the US, they can get on the ballot, how impressive. Neither matters because they still won't win. ;)

In the US, voting for a minority party generally means votes taken away from the Democratic Party, which in my opinion is better than the Republican party. So if you vote minority, you might as well have voted Republican, because that's what you will get when you waste your time with minority parties.

But hey, Matthew say's I'm wrong, and Matthew is always right, so what do I know? ;)

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Edgar, you know I'm always right. That is one step in becoming a Supreme Loser.

Would you say that a husband and wife should not bother voting if they know they are going to cancel out each other?

Where do you draw the line?

I've never seen an election won by exactly one vote. Therefore, I should never vote because there is absolutely no statistical way to prove that it is relevant or ever will be relevant.

So one like Edgar might say, "But... but... but if you and everybody else do that it becomes significant..."

Then the Supreme Loser says, "Thanks, you've just validated my argument for voting for the 'third' party."

Then Derezo stares at his scary-red wall and says something insane.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I never said voting doesn't matter, I said voting for minority parties doesn't matter, there's a clear difference there.

Voting for minorities does count with a decent system. Yay MMP!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

there's a clear difference there.

Of course there's a difference. Your defense against my superior Supreme Loser logic is an irrelevant statement that I don't disagree with. 8-)

{"name":"Flowchart-to-determine-if-youre-having-a-rational-discussion-e1300206446831-634x882.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/0\/80957c72518411bd61070d1b9a026d61.jpg","w":634,"h":882,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/0\/80957c72518411bd61070d1b9a026d61"}Flowchart-to-determine-if-youre-having-a-rational-discussion-e1300206446831-634x882.jpg

Basically there is no way to get past "This is not a discussion" on a.cc. 8-)

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Then Derezo stares at his scary-red wall and says something insane.

There is never a shortage of insanity and chaos ;D

{"name":"603772","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/1\/71df5caf6930a6c33e8c91f8129a9d8d.jpg","w":298,"h":302,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/1\/71df5caf6930a6c33e8c91f8129a9d8d"}603772

My last room was sea foam green.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Excellent chart, Matthew. You should post it in every single thread that threatens to be about religion, politics, science, operating systems, programming languages, healthcare, economics, or cooking. Hey, you might as well add some code to a.cc to make it DETECT these topics and auto-post the chart.

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

No, voting for a minority party that will never win is pointless.

I would still vote for the person I think is best.

Matthew 1, Edgar 0.

Seriously. If USA is only ruled either by the democrats or the republicans, it is probably because they both have brainwashed the US Americans to believe that Edgar's way of thinking is the only American way. But truly it's against democracy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

u really need to shave, having a huge beard doesnt give you manpenis++ points

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

I feel very deprived by not being able to read that diagram Matthew posted. I'm runnning FF4 and I can't enlarge it....

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Thanks Bamcaig. I've now read it and will keep it as a guide in case I ever get to the point where it's relevant.

Whether this will ever arise I'm not sure because long ago I came to realise that if I don't want to get into a ruck with anyone on a.cc I just need to avoid getting my antlers entangled with anyone elses and stick to the forums which I need to post on to get on with making my game.

It does seem there is a way to avoid the 'This is not a discussion' box - by following the rules.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

u really need to shave

I did it all for you and your love for my manpenis :-*

{"name":"603775","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/b\/2bc5a7fc3f974ba2e020e8fd3e315812.jpg","w":320,"h":681,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/b\/2bc5a7fc3f974ba2e020e8fd3e315812"}603775

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Derezo said:

I did it all for you and your love for my manpenis

He says while wearing a Power Rangers T-Shirt...

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

It was the funniest photo I could craft with such short notice ;D

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I wish I could grow a full Grizzly Adams beard. I would never shave. :'(

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Let noone ever say that Derezo is stubborn.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I actually shaved last Sunday. My chin has seen the sunlight for the first time in 16 years. :o

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Photo :)

I can never get past the itchy stage.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Yeah, it's still a bit itchy and dry, but I look about a week younger. And no pics; camera's busted. :P Need a new one before my Jamaica trip in May, mind ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I'm keeping my face trimmed, but not shaving it off. I'm allergic to nickle, so shaving can be a little irritating for me. ;)

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

I would never shave. :'(

I didn't want to, but I've recently been stricken with the urge to jam my baby maker into a life tunnel.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Just get a shirt that says "Mustache rides: 25 cents".

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Derezo said:

I did it all for you and your love for my manpenis :-*

[http://static.allegro.cc/image/cache/2/b/2bc5a7fc3f974ba2e020e8fd3e315812.jpg]

Thanks a lot. :( I was reading this when my brother stopped by. I left the screen where it was. He sat at the computer while we were talking and finally asked why I had a picture of "a nerdy guy" on my screen... I tried to explain, but he read the comment above it, rhetorically asked if I was on some kind of homosexual chat room, and stormed out... :-[

:P

I also shaved today, but not because of this thread. :) I still need to shave my head though.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Awesome ;D

video

Go to: