Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A question to all the married men

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
A question to all the married men
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Why proclaim something to be immoral (getting remarried) if one can preemptively ask for forgiveness?

She's still married. Until God approves her 'divorce', she would still be committing adultery if she had sex. If she repents of her unjust marriage, I believe God would grant her an annulment and she would be free to remarry. What's so hard to believe about that?

(Some) Divorce is a sin, adultery is a sin, God has the power to forgive sins.

Final word. :P Or is it?

Tobias Dammers said:

^ ++

Laugh it up, while you can. ;)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I had sex long time before being married and still, and I'll never do a Christian ceremony.

I'm a criminal at each Christians eyes and will stay like that.

You ask for sin ? I'm all the sins you can fear: I'm French !

My mother just got married three times and divorced two.

If God or anyone isn't pleased with my condition of life, let me state that my condition does not engage yours. Go and sweep on front oy your door before coming and tell me what I have to do.

More precisely: If God or anyone isn't pleased, let it come down here and I'll kick his back so hard that he'll never be able to sit again.

If you remember God has nothing to approve or not: we have gained our free mind party with him.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

Should cover most bases.

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

that he'll never be able to sit again.

But He is omnipotent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

But He is omnipotent.

Funny how he isn't when you try to argue the absurdity of that premise. :-X

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

4) God sees that she has done no wrong and forgives her and allows her to remarry

I don't want to start anything but... How does the woman know he has actually forgiven her? Does he come down and tell her? ???

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Evert said:

Funny how he isn't when you try to argue the absurdity of that premise.

Trying to argue the non-absurdity of that same premise is equally funny.

Homer Simpson said:

Can God make a taco so hot that He Himself couldn't eat it?

---
---

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I suppose if you're talking about the thermal temperature of the taco, you could make it so hot it was a chunk of carbon, in which case it's not a taco anymore.

Spiciness, not so much.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Regardless, the argument remains valid. If He makes the taco, and He cannot eat it, then He is not omnipotent. If He makes the taco, and then eats it, He has failed to produce a taco so hot that He Himself couldn't eat it, which also means that He is not omnipotent.

It's basically Gödel's argument translated to popular theology.

---
---

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

<meaningless_theological_yaddayadda>
Yes, God can make a taco so spicy that He Himself can't eat it. But He won't.
</meaningless_theological_yaddayadda>
Have a happy life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I've always heard it as "Can god make a rock so heavy he can't lift it?".

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

If it helps, I was drunk and figured if I proposed I'd get some sex that night as she was looking particularly tasty.

The only downside was she still remembered the day after. Still, I've been married 13 years so my heart must have been in the right place ;)

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Have a happy life!

Thanks!

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

If He makes the taco, and then eats it, He has failed to produce a taco so hot that He Himself couldn't eat it, which also means that He is not omnipotent.

Ah, but surely, in his Almightyness, he can then proceed to make the taco less spicey so that he can eat it again!

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Evert said:

Ah, but surely, in his Almightyness, he can then proceed to make the taco less spicey so that he can eat it again!

OK then: Can God make a taco so spicy that He Himself couldn't eat it, and at the same time resistant to all attempts of de-spicing, so that not even He Himself could reduce its spiciness to digestible levels?

---
---

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

He can and still eat it. Why? Because he is God. No explanation necessary. Why do you guys try to bring logic here?

You don't need logic for this, just a few bible quotes and faith! Join us!

In capitalist America bank robs you.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Yes, God can make a taco so spicy that He Himself can't eat it. But He won't.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be silly or not, but that seems like a the most plausible answer that could be given to a question of this nature.

If you put it in human terms, am I able to kill myself? Yes. Am I going to kill myself? No. Does that mean that I'm not actually able to? No, it means exactly what it means: that I'm not going to do it.

If that's too extreme, think of something less fatal: am I capable of skipping work and writing on Internet forums all day? Yes. Am I going to? I hope not... :P

You can apply the same logic to God. Is God capable of limiting himself? Yes. Is he going to? No. Does that mean he cannot actually limit himself? No, it means that he is not going to.

I see no failure in logic here.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

This again? The Bible says God isn't omnipotent. Perfectly logical. Get off it you cretins.

{"name":"2011-02-02.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/5\/951aeb4c8193a4bc8e4d1a3f85435d64.gif","w":740,"h":250,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/5\/951aeb4c8193a4bc8e4d1a3f85435d64"}2011-02-02.gif

I wondered why this thread's post count ballooned ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Good old God jokes ^^

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

I wondered why this thread's post count ballooned ...

I've the same thoughts about various stock indices..

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

But He is omnipotent.

This again? The Bible says God isn't omnipotent. Perfectly logical. Get off it you cretins.

See what I mean?
Why don't you guys work out some sort of concensus of what you actually believe in. :P

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Evert said:

Why don't you guys work out some sort of concensus of what you actually believe in. :P

What we believe is irrelevant. When people understand that there won't be 500 denominations.

During a gameday at work, we were playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and me and another fellow got into a disagreement because I was doing supers with qcf+2P like always and he said it was unfair because they had changed the controls from qcfqcf+P like in the previous Vs games and he wasn't used to it. Um, what? Checked online ... nope, it's always been qcf+2P in Vs, quit making excuses.

I said it in the last thread; the Bible lists things God can't do. Ergo, not omnipotent. Belief is irrelevant, and reality pisses on your comfort zone.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Aw, I missed the big religion argument. :(

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

During a gameday at work, we were playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and me and another fellow got into a disagreement because I was doing supers with qcf+2P like always and he said it was unfair because they had changed the controls from qcfqcf+P like in the previous Vs games and he wasn't used to it. Um, what? Checked online ... nope, it's always been qcf+2P in Vs, quit making excuses.

I said it in the last thread; the Bible lists things God can't do. Ergo, not omnipotent. Belief is irrelevant, and reality pisses on your comfort zone.

???
Anyway. Since I don't believe gods exist, whether they're omnipotent or not is a somewhat irrelevant and pointless question, a bit similar to "who would win in a fight, Batman or Superman?". Just pointed out that different people, although they all identify themselves as Christian (or believers otherwise), say different and conflicting things. If that annoys you and upsets you, well, tough.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Topic terminated ^^

Go to: