Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » [AL5] Knowing when a resize event is starting?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[AL5] Knowing when a resize event is starting?
jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Right now, while I resize, it just takes what was there and stretches it, until I let go of the mouse. Rather than a stretched image, Id prefer to just blit something black before, and have the black seamlessly stretch itself. Is there some kind of resize begin event?

Thanks

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Maybe a windows-specific flag to turn on the stretching (on other platforms we don't do that).

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Yea on Windows it stretches the old stuff rather than show black which is odd a bit.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Elias said:

windows-specific flag to turn on the stretching

The stretching is deliberate? I thought it was the only option. I here-to-fore vote that we have the stretch flag off by default.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

So does allegro provide a cross platform way to set this flag?

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

No, right now it does not, someone will have to add it (or as far as I'm concerned, just remove the stretching code from the Windows port - but apparently whoever added it prefers it).

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

On OS X I think you get the choice between smooth scaling of the image, or junk while you resize the window. I prefer stretching.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I would prefer smooth scaling on all three platforms, but ideally, a cross platform flag would be nice :)

Go to: