This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Humble Indie Bundle #2
X-G
Member #856
December 2000

humble bumble

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Hmmm, 'Top Contributors' is interesting; looks like Notch is giving back. :)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

phate
Member #2,235
April 2002

I did $15. I can't remember how I divided it out, all I know is that I already had Braid for XBLA and Osmosis for my iPad, so I thought that was fair.

Hmmm, 'Top Contributors' is interesting; looks like Notch is giving back. :)

Damn straight, he better be!

He's already cost my place of business at least $500[1] with his game and those infernal Creepers! SSSssssss! :o (And thats not counting lost man hours :-X)

References

1. (20 people * $10) + $300 Dedicated Minecraft Server

-----
For my next trick... ah fark it.
[Website][Twitter]

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Good to see people still care for indie games... came here thinking "these lazy guys at A.cc surely haven't posted it yet", but looks like I was wrong :o

Anyways, gonna get it myself for USD 50. After years of hard working I am finally able to spend that much per month in leisure! :P

(Edited: By the way, since I don't want to open a new thread because it would look like I come here just to post links, I am putting it here: gDEBugger GL for Windows (an OpenGL debugger) is allowing people to grab a one-year license for free. I guess some around here would like having something like that for profiling).

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

ReyBrujo said:

By the way, since I don't want to open a new thread because it would look like I come here just to post links, I am putting it here: gDEBugger GL for Windows (an OpenGL debugger) is allowing people to grab a one-year license for free. I guess some around here would like having something like that for profiling).

That seems like a perfectly good reason to start a new thread. :P

Also, you should definitely come back here, unless you actually have something better to be doing. :P

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Will give you (or anyone else) the privilege of starting a thread about it, not that I will be using it (never used it in fact) but I heard it is pretty good.

And for now job is keeping me pretty busy, plus I joined some Japanese communities to start practicing my comprehension, and will probably start subbing stuff starting next year. I don't even code at home anymore, something I would like to but right now don't have the time.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Hehe, they lied about "any amount", if you enter 0.0 you get a funny picture though.

Bought it. Downloaded machinarium just now (after playing and enjoying the demo this morning), didn't have any problems (took about 7 minutes). Never heard of any of the other games before but Cortex Command looks neat too.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Braid was the only game I knew of. And the TD style game (which I won't play those types of games bore me) because of Notch's twitter or blog post about it.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I finished Braid yesterday; it's not perfect (the story is annoyingly vague for openers) but it's pretty damn brilliant IMHO.

Machinarium I'm stuck in. Haven't tried the other games. :P

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

decepto said:

Cortex Command is worth at least $10 bucks, imo. Great game.

Now who says that Allegro.cc members never finish anything? :)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

gnolam said:

Now who says that Allegro.cc members never finish anything? :)

Now I'm curious if that is actually one of the creators. :) That would just be awesome (though less so that he didn't do it here...).

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

He didn't do anything, just registered.. Even if it's one of'em. Big deal.. No posts, no projects.. o0

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

The forum doesn't show old posts in people's profiles.

http://devlog.datarealms.com/cortex-command/open-sores-in-action/

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

My bad.. However:

Quote:

Not 10 hours later, I had a patch for the problem! Amazing! Thank you gnolam for the awesome effort!

Do you have that thread in your bookmarks now? :P

Append:
Wow, 2006.. Long before I joined the party :)

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Why are they always games I already have? The only one I don't have this time is Revenge of the Titans. I guess that's worth a penny just to have it, though I already have too many games I've never played. :-/

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Move to thepiratebay.org so you don't regret having what you don't need. I guess most of the games I've downloaded got erased before me even trying'em.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I found one of his old posts from four years ago.

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/588230/623410

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Yay, finished Machinarium today (took about eight hours for the whole game split into two sessions, started yesterday evening). Neat. Now on to Cortex Command.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I found one of his old posts from four years ago.

By clicking on gnolam's link?

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

By clicking on gnolam's link?

That doesn't show anything, I had to google it.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

His linked page starts out with:

Quote:

While working on the joystick code, I hit a snag:
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/588230

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Oh! That link! I didn't want to click on something called "open sores".

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Wow, the controls/interface in Cortex Command are/is a player-repellent nightmare.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

True. But the game is fun. Relatively. :P

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I'm not big on it. I see what they're going for but it's just a headache getting anything to do anything.

Osmos was okay. I'm stuck in Machinarium; guess you can't take that elevator twice ...

EDIT: nm, I beat Machinarium. Took me a while to realize that other robot still had the hose in his inventory. >_>

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

1   2   3   4 

Go to: