Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Allegro.cc Translator Experiment 2010

Credits go to Arvidsson, anonymous, Arthur Kalliokoski, bamccaig, Crazy Photon, Evert, Fishcake, FMC, gnolam, Goalie Ca, GullRaDriel, Jakub Wasilewski, Johan Halmén, Jonatan Hedborg, kenmasters1976, lambik, Neil Black, Oscar Giner, Slartibartfast, type568, Vanneto, and weapon_S for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro.cc Translator Experiment 2010
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Fear my next weapon:

I could translate from French to English, but it could come out quite destructive.

;D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

One capable to detonate himself, fear shall not.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hell yeah. They also have a hand on everything in your life. They even give you a unique id.

If they read me, good, they really have time under their hands for such an insignificant thing I am ;D

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

If they read me, good, they really have time under their hands for such an insignificant thing I am

Don't think these words will make you any safer.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Mind what, I don't care about the CIA.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

** Cheers Oscar so that he can make his translations **

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Fear my next weapon:

Hah, wanna test me? ;)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Ok, 2 more translations are in. 6 More and this will be finished. :)

** Cheers Oscar so that he can make his translations **

Actually, kenmasters1976 is the next one to make the translations from English to Spanish. :)

BTW, what did I miss about you people being investigated by the CIA in turning this experiment to a nuclear weapon?

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Dario ff said:

what did I miss about you people being investigated by the CIA in turning this experiment to a nuclear weapon?

All jokes around type568 mumbling about exploding in a nuclear reaction...

EDIT: Go Ken!

-----

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

All jokes around type568 mumbling about exploding in a nuclear reaction..

Jokes ahhah.. Funny guy.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Watch it, you might get kidnapped if your brain has such powers. Don't go into Battle.NET!

Or some North Koreans will be really interested in you. ;D

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Battle.NET sux. I prefer Garena, and I'm astonished by the number of Koreans in European Starcraft rooms..

Btw, you're right.. I should be careful there..

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

I just log in. I'll be sending my translations soon™.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

type568 said:

Funny guy.

Well, if those were not jokes, I apologize then, and recommend you move out of there before it happens.

-----

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Well, if those were not jokes, I apologize then, and recommend you move out of there before it happens.

Thank you sir, I shall be on my way. Would you be so kind to pick a target for me, please?

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

type568 said:

Would you be so kind to pick a target for me, please?

Good question. I would say my country (Uruguay) as it has few to none natural disasters, has friendly neighbors, nice beaches and has low crime rates compared to the rest of the subcontinent (although higher than over there, perhaps). On the other hand, people are sometimes too complacent and don't want to work as much as other cultures while demanding better pay. Moreover, it does not have much variety in entertainment options, though you can go to Buenos Aires once in a while if you are into that...

select a target for where you will detonate

I think he meant a target place for him to move. If he meant what you say, I say make love, not war.

-----

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

I'm an Israeli citizen, I can not visit an "enemy" country. And you know it. Besides, I'd prefer something local.. Not too far, some place that I'm either already in, or.. Someplace I'll be at, in near future. Some target in Russia would also do..

Although, if I get some.. Decent arguments, the target maybe anywhere I can get visa to.

Good question. I would say my country (Uruguay) as it has few to none natural disasters, has friendly neighbors, nice beaches and has low crime rates compared to the rest of the subcontinent (although higher than over there, perhaps). On the other hand, people are sometimes too complacent and don't want to work as much as other cultures while demanding better pay. Moreover, it does not have much variety in entertainment options, though you can go to Buenos Aires once in a while if you are into that..

Append:
Just name the place.

Append:

Quote:

On the other hand, people are sometimes too complacent and don't want to work as much as other cultures while demanding better pay.

Well, the economy overall looks quite in poor condition, so it's no wonder they wanna betteh pay.

Btw, I never heard of that country.. Erm.. Why would I wanna go there?

Append:
Oh, south America..

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Dario ff said:

what did I miss about you people being investigated by the CIA in turning this experiment to a nuclear weapon?

All jokes around type568 mumbling about exploding in a nuclear reaction...

Phew... for a moment I thought I missed completely on the translation task.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

[1]

Was a little flower...

Append: But why Uruguay?

Small peaceful country.. Maybe pick up something more aggressive? U.S? Also I'd like to visit U.S..
Maybe also Israel, it's close.. Or Iran, as my sweet nose suggested, even though visiting Iran would be a crime.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

I could never emigrate from Israel, I wouldn't last long without good food :) (And of course there's something to be said for hot beaches and chicks ;))

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Finally my turn! It was a long wait :P Next time order the languages by name in the native language (Español instead of Spanish ;)).

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

type568 said:

But why Uruguay?

Sounds like we need to understand your motivations / desires better. What kind of place would you like? and what kind of life would you like? those are aspects that need to be taken into account while choosing where to move.

EDIT:

It was a long wait

Buena suerte! (good luck!)

-----

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

What's this about targets? ??? The English seems to have degraded in this thread because I've had a hard time following the whole nuclear disaster conversation... :-X

Go to: