Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Crazy fast intense songs

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Crazy fast intense songs
blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Hai guyz,

So my school's video publishing team creates videos every once in while to broadcast throughout the whole school (which we dedicate like 20 minutes for), and they want to do a little segment on my parkour/freerunning team. Thing is, we need to keep in 2 minutes or less...soooo...I was wondering if anyone knows of any crazy fast and intense song that's like 2 minutes or less. It can be any genre, rock, hip-hop, beats, Drum n Bass, Techno, etc.

But we really need something! Go Go Go!

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Hard Rock
Member #1,547
September 2001

Sorry, I had to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTj-_A0Zbkw

Technically it fits all your requirements ;).

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

Almost all of the "crazy fast" songs I know are well over 5 minutes. A few might be around 3 or 4, but still exceeds two minutes.

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

System of a Down

video

Slipknot

video

Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs

video

Atari Teenage Riot - Revolution Action

video

Static X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwznOOH28c

In Flames

video

FACT

video

I was wondering if anyone knows of any crazy fast and intense song that's like 2 minutes or less.

There are very few songs that short. Look into punk music on the Warp Tour compilations. The other option is hardcore techno like those on the Bonkers compilations.

ala:

video

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Practically ALL Ramones songs are fast, intense and around the 2 minute mark... i think you have a winner ;)

video

video

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

The Ataris - The Radio Still Sucks

video

I love the song, and at 30 seconds, its well under the 2 minute mark. :D (Unfortunately this was the best video I could find for it.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Hatesphere has the best speedy melodic metal sound I know.
And I found one of their songs clocks 1:53, has a suitable name for something you should probably avoid when doing parkour. "Deathtrip"
I think the melody is something you could work with to make a strong impression.

video

Or maybe somehing less extreme? Bionic Commando by Machinae Supremacy

video

Dawn Of Da Bassment by Skankfunk

video

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

video

video

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

8 Bit Peoples usually have some crazy awesome tracks sounds.

Off the top of my head I'd recommend checking this one out: http://www.8bitpeoples.com/files/8bp098-06-iayd-supergalactic.mp3

Trash-80 Has some good stuff too, but his isn't as fast usually.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Trash-80 [www.8bitpeoples.com] Has some good stuff too, but his isn't as fast usually.

Dude, thanks for posting that stuff! It made my day! "Robot Sneakers" is great.

-----sig:

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

video

It's too short, but it's fast ;)

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Powerglove?

video

It's 3 minutes. :-X The last minute is really fast. Just wanted to suggest something different.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Dude, thanks for posting that stuff! It made my day! "Robot Sneakers" is great.

Yeah, it's one of my favorites ;D

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

I was going to suggest Stone Cold Crazy by Metallica but it's about 3 minutes.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Why does the song have to be 2 minutes? Can't you cut and splice the song?

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Haha thanks for all of your suggestions so far!

Billybob said:

Why does the song have to be 2 minutes? Can't you cut and splice the song?

I guess you're right! In that case, give us suggestions of crazy fast and intense songs of ANY length! Go! Go! Go!

(we are open for any genre, but we prefer techno or drum n bass)

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Here's a weird suggestion of mine,
Mona Lisa Overdrive, from Matrix Reloaded:

video

It's a long song, but you can just cut out 2 minutes of any part of the song, and it won't sound bad. But maybe this isn't fast enough.

Sin - Hard EBM

video

This one's much more digital, but maybe it's a bit slow.

MDK2 has some pretty awesome songs too:

video

video

And lastly, my favourite ones, some tracks from Unreal Tournament:

video

video

video

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Dario ff said:

Mona Lisa Overdrive, from Matrix Reloaded

That one is awesome and if you close your eyes, I see parkour/freerunning/tricks/action.

Of course, I'm biased in all things Matrix. ;)

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

There are some Pantera songs that are fast. 5 minutes alone, Sandblasted Skin. Ministry too... song called Just One Fix are a few (great song for stepping on the accelerator. Maybe the Prius drivers could drive to this song :o ). I'm sure these two bands have many other crazy songs but I haven't heard them all. The Far Beyond Driven album is supposedly one of the heaviest Pantera albums so Im sure its got some songs.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

ELUVEITIE - Inis Mona [I like the bagpipes in this song, it's like melodic relief or something]

video

Day Of Fire - Lately

video

I have a bunch, I don't feel like seeing which ones are most intense though.

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

--

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

Either The Berzerker or Psycroptic (both Aussie bands).

Berzerker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px-156uj4SM

Psycroptic (Can't find most on youtube, but I have the feeling that lots would work well). The older songs are better because the old vocalist had a better range and the songs had good long sections but all I can find on youtube are amateur covers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci5ArebKoWU

Can't really think of anything else.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

1   2 

Go to: