Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Minecraft

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Minecraft
verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

decepto said:

I think I might write a MineCraft clone in C++. :-*

You and about a thousand other people, or at least me too. ;)

I might even gpl it.

decepto
Member #7,102
April 2006

It has begun!

{"name":"600629","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/b\/8b84fd62132d307252c9c4e87e85cada.png","w":1293,"h":700,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/b\/8b84fd62132d307252c9c4e87e85cada"}600629

--------------------------------------------------
Boom!

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

bamccaig said:

You can get string from any "mob", including pigs and sheep (at least, you could when I last played).

The looting system was changed. Only spiders drop string now.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

decepto said:

It has begun!

Goodluck!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Nick, make it a full 1st person Dungeon Keeper game. ;D But now you can dig in various directions!

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Minecraft is based on an open source game called Infiniminer[1][2], written in XNA. You might be able to save yourself some thinking if you start by porting that to C++ (albeit, you might instead want to learn from and improve upon the design). :) At the very least, you might want to take a look at it.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

verthex said:

I might even gpl it.

Eww.

Anyway, I wish the free version had some more cool stuff. I'm debating if it's worth paying for or not at this point.

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

It's not expensive. You will get access to a lot of cool stuff. But also a lot of bugs, and at times the game can be unplayable because of them.

I think it's well worth the money, I'm having way to much fun with it. :)

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

BAF said:

Anyway, I wish the free version had some more cool stuff. I'm debating if it's worth paying for or not at this point.

I've spend more than $14 on DVDs that suck. My reasoning was half game and the other half supporting a man and his dream of being an indie programmer. I've read some of his forum posts and he's rather brilliant.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Go to: