Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Logging in to wiki

Credits go to Thomas Fjellstrom for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Logging in to wiki
weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

I wanted to create a new article. I was already logged in via allegro.cc's main page. After clicking "create article", I clicked "log in". It said I needed to be part of the "group user" to edit. I searched the forums, I tried very hard, turned off my firewall for a second even. Going back and forth between wiki main page and article in question, I tried logging in.
And eventually this was all that wiki returned. For any query. Even the address.
Can still access via history though.

1MediaWiki internal error.
3Original exception: exception 'MWException' with message 'Detected bug in an extension! Hook AutoAuth failed to return a value; should return true to continue hook processing or false to abort.' in /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Hooks.php:133
4Stack trace:
5#0 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(131): wfRunHooks('AutoAuthenticat...', Array)
6#1 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(57): StubUser->_newObject()
7#2 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(31): StubObject->_unstub('isAllowed', 5)
8#3 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(122): StubObject->_call('isAllowed', Array)
9#4 [internal function]: StubUser->__call('isAllowed', Array)
10#5 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Title.php(1270): StubUser->isAllowed('read')
11#6 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Wiki.php(133): Title->userCanRead()
12#7 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Wiki.php(43): MediaWiki->preliminaryChecks(Object(Title), Object(StubObject), Object(WebRequest))
13#8 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/index.php(89): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), Object(StubObject), Object(StubUser), Object(WebRequest))
14#9 {main}
16Exception caught inside exception handler: exception 'MWException' with message 'Detected bug in an extension! Hook AutoAuth failed to return a value; should return true to continue hook processing or false to abort.' in /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Hooks.php:133
17Stack trace:
18#0 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(131): wfRunHooks('AutoAuthenticat...', Array)
19#1 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(57): StubUser->_newObject()
20#2 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(31): StubObject->_unstub('getOption', 5)
21#3 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(122): StubObject->_call('getOption', Array)
22#4 [internal function]: StubUser->__call('getOption', Array)
23#5 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(92): StubUser->getOption('language')
24#6 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(57): StubUserLang->_newObject()
25#7 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(31): StubObject->_unstub('getCode', 5)
26#8 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/StubObject.php(87): StubObject->_call('getCode', Array)
27#9 [internal function]: StubUserLang->__call('getCode', Array)
28#10 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/MessageCache.php(434): StubUserLang->getCode()
29#11 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(467): MessageCache->get('internalerror', true, false)
30#12 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(421): wfMsgGetKey('internalerror', true, false, true)
31#13 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(326): wfMsgReal('internalerror', Array, true)
32#14 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Exception.php(57): wfMsg('internalerror')
33#15 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Exception.php(125): MWException->getPageTitle()
34#16 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Exception.php(88): MWException->htmlHeader()
35#17 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Exception.php(111): MWException->reportHTML()
36#18 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Exception.php(191): MWException->report()
37#19 /var/www/mediawiki-1.11.2/includes/Exception.php(225): wfReportException(Object(MWException))
38#20 [internal function]: wfExceptionHandler(Object(MWException))
39#21 {main}

Is this the place to discuss this, or should I've PM'd Thomas?
I hope I didn't break anything...:-[:'(:-/:P:o:-X

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I'm not seeing that error at all. The function does return a value, so I'm confused.

The only thing I can think of is to delete any and all wiki cookies, and try logging in again.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

OK...
If I delete all cookies, login via alllegro.cc main, try login to wiki
-->Error
If I delete all cookies, login to wiki, try to create page
-->"The action you have requested is limited to users in the group user."
[EDIT]
NVM: the working part seems to be a fluke. I just get the error now.
Opera 9.62
Tried without firewall also (on account I don't know anything about it and "configured it").
Other way around, the cookies seem to be set properly via the wiki redirect for the forums. Gonna try IE now...
[EDIT] Fail!
I don't know what kind of data is kept for my account, but that seems to be broken, I guess???

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

There is no real data kept on the wiki...

Ok, I found a return that wasn't given a value, try it again :o

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

Well, that helped a little: I don't get the error anymore and I can't login twice anymore. (Now that I think about it that was wrong as well.) But it still says that I have to be in the group user to edit a page. Should I PM you now, or do you think this is/could be of interest to others?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I don't think it matters where you tell me about it.. Its strange its not letting you edit, are you sure its logging you in?

Maybe it didn't create your user info properly, I'll check the database.

edit: What is your allegro.cc login? Weapon_S?

--

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

The DB had an entry for Weapon_S, so I deleted it, so the login code would get your data fresh from a.cc...

--

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

:D Yay! Thx a bunch and then some ;D Case closed...
:'( [Edit]
Not closed! It's not working on a different level now. If I click login now, it just returns to the same page if I already logged in via another page, and returns to the main page if I freshly log in via the wiki.
Now I have made a really crappy stub ::) and can't complete it... Well not with a preview anyways...
Still logging in via the wiki seems fine for the forums.
Also, all [edit] buttons seem gone (or am I making stuff up ???).

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Log back out and force refresh, then log back in, go to the page you want to edit, and log back in.

--

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

"Force refresh" = +/- "Clear private data" ?
And: is that one of your signature typo's, or do you really mean logging in twice?
Either way it doesn't seem to work. Tried other browser too (i.e. IE). Am I really the only one with problems? :'( I wish I could help you, for a number of reasons;)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

"Force refresh" = +/- "Clear private data" ?

ALT+F5 or whatever it is to clear the browsers cache and reload.

Quote:

And: is that one of your signature typo's, or do you really mean logging in twice?

Its no typo, but I'm not sure what I meant :o brain fart most likely.

Quote:

I wish I could help you, for a number of reasons;)

Thanks.. Not sure how you can though. Well maybe if you know PHP and have experience with Mediawiki's auth plugin architecture? And you are the only person to have reported this particular problem..

--

Go to: