Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Election Night 2008

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Election Night 2008
Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

As per Jakub, all I can offer is a personal viewpoint, but all my friends were pro-Obama, anti-Clinton. Though I'm not sure why; probably mostly to do with the sense of entitlement - the most ridiculous lying wasn't until later.

EDIT: I can't watch it while at work, but see here for at least one video clip of Palin being denounced on O'Reilly's show, as nonnus mentioned.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

If Clinton had won, the timeline for 24 years (at least) would be...

• Bush

• Clinton

• Clinton

• Bush

• Bush

</li>

We already have a two-party system, do we really need a two-family system? :-/

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Well, it'd always be better than a single dynasty. The Bushes could even switch to the monarchy nomenclature altogether: George I, George II the Great, etc. :)

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

The Bushes could even switch to the monarchy nomenclature altogether: George I, George II the Great, etc. :)

And here thats what I thought they were doing.. George H, George W... Just that they got the letters for roman numerals wrong.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

The Bushes could even switch to the monarchy nomenclature

They reputedly call each other '41' and '43' at family get-togethers.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Are there that many "George Bush"s?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

What Edgar said, and: I wouldn't be surprised if there were. I'm aware of three and I'm not really that interested.

Sol Blast
Member #9,655
April 2008

Quote:

I bet they've been unable to stifle the temptation to procede it with 'Make is so' at least a few times.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Obama wins North Carolina!

364-163.

I hear that he trails in Missouri by 6,489. But there are only 7,085 provisional ballots, so it looks like McCain will prevail there.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

HA! Take that, NOBama!!! My vote DID count after all! You may have won the election, but you didn't win my state!

:D

8-)

:-[

:'(

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Obama wins NE-02! Obama 365, McCain 162.

It's been 40+ years since a Democrat won in Nebraska!

ReyBrujo
January 2001

So, those are the final results?

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

No, Missouri (11) is too close to call due to the number of provisional ballots that were cast. Those are basically contested votes that require the voter to submit additional proof that he was voting in the proper place.

Those should be resolved this upcoming week, but McCain probably won as Obama would have to get over 90% of the provisional ballots (assuming they all counted) in order to carry the state.

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

I was wondering why the Republicans chose McCain for this campaign. They should have chosen Arnold Schwarzenegger. Ok, there is a law that immigrants can't become presidents, but he is the president of a country of 35 million people already (much bigger than my country). Obama is a showman, and he should have had another showman as an opponent.

Go to: