Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Election Night 2008

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Election Night 2008
ReyBrujo
January 2001

Alabama for McCain according to BBC, 103-49.

You know what would be fun? McCain getting more people vote but losing because of electors :-)

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Hagan beats out Dole in North Carolina for Senator. Democrats should have majority in Senate.

More projections in five minutes.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

According to BBC again (live streaming) Obama 51%, McCain 48% in Florida, with a 1% undecided :P

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

McCain wins Alabama!

Obama 102 - McCain 43.

More results coming very soon!

~

Obama wins Rhode Island, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York.

McCain wins Wyoming, North Dakota.

Obama 174, McCain 49!

ReyBrujo
January 2001

You see, you should post not only who wins, but also who was supposed to win according to state background and who according to the latest polls.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

There have been no upsets yet. Everything is going according to the polls.

Democrats pick up two more seats in the Senate. 55 total so far, creeping up to the important 60.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

McCain's isn't going to pick up any of the blue states.

NM for obama! The first turn-around from the 2004 election.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Georgia goes to McCain!

174-64.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Anyone looking at an interactive map, check Michigan. If votes continue as they are, exit polls will be worthless.

I wonder how many polls actually finished their voting here actually? Considering some people waited hours to get in the door, who knows how long some lines were at closing (8PM)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Fox just called Ohio for Obama! :o

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

West Virginia goes to McCain.

Obama 174, McCain 69!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Ohio by MSNBC for Obama. That's it. :)

Obama is our President.

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Hank Williams playing the blues for McCain.

CNN is about to project Ohio for Obama.

GAME OVER.

Let's welcome our new Obama Overlord!!!

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

Ohio by MSNBC for Obama. That's it. :)

Goddamnit motherfucker !!!

I'm getting drunk....

>:(

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

How did you expect anything other than this? You should have been drinking six months ago.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Ummm, ever heard of 'denial'?

TestSubject
Member #8,989
August 2007

Wow. Great. Not only is Obama president, the senate and congress are overwhelmingly Democratic. Hooray for the USSA.

Too bad the damn system isn't...71% electoral from 50% popular? Um what? Why does the electoral college even need to exist anymore?

Are most of you Obama supporters? A lot of the posts were "whoo Obama."

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Nope, I didn't vote for any Democrats. But I do like to see the country vote against the party that led us into mess after mess for the last eight years!

CNN just called Ohio for Obama.

Obama 194, McCain 69.

Let the landslide begin.

TestSubject
Member #8,989
August 2007

I'm pretty much impartial on presidents (partially because I can't vote) but I'd prefer McCain. Well...actually Biden, but whatever. My main problem is how everything is democratic, and as I generally lean to Republican ideas (while not actually supporting either party, I feel like that's a stupid way to vote), I won't be happy about a bunch of democrat laws etc being unchallenged.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

200/70 for BBC. And I think Democrats have been having majority for some years already in the Congress, it is that now Republicans won't be able to veto their laws.

Uh... 200/124 now. It continues!

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

<generalization time>
I think a republican government is healthier overall than a democractic government when the citizens are capable of managing their own lives effectively. It does not seem like enough of America's citizens are educated enough to deal with their responsibilities and so society as a whole suffers.

A Democractic government will spend more effort helping those that are too stupid to help themselves by penalizing those that have already helped themselves. Hopefully the educational process in this country can be improved to the point where we won't need much governance assistance.
</generalization time>

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

kazzmir, wrapping stupid statements in fancy <tags> is cowardly! Don't use tags and take the flame like a man. :P ;D

Why isn't CNN calling Texas, its pretty sure that McCain will win there.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Myrdos
Member #1,772
December 2001

Quote:

Are most of you Obama supporters? A lot of the posts were "whoo Obama."

AFP said:

Obama is the preferred candidate of 42 percent of the people in the world, while only 12 percent would vote for McCain if they had the chance, according to a BBC survey of 2,500 people in 22 countries.

In Europe, Obama is particularly popular: more than 80 percent of Germans, French and Dutch have a favorable view of him, according to a poll sponsored by the German Marshall Fund.

By comparison, McCain's top score in Europe was in Portugal, where 35 percent liked him.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Aha, no Republican candidate has been able to become president without Ohio, and Ohio has chosen the president in every election since 1964. Now I understand!

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Give Obama Iowa. He is pulling away in Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida.

206-89.

Go to: