Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Let's make a song

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Let's make a song
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I've got some awesome lyrics ready to go. Now I need to buy a microphone! You won't be disappointed.

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

This song sounds very happy-happy and it's very simple. Can we start from scratch again?

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

We'll need more tracks anyway if we want to publish a full CD, so make a second one!

This first song is great for the radio single. :o

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

we can use this it has some words but, some can esaly add costom words to it. its called "i love this tune"

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

That's muzak mainly because it's midi. And maybe because of the Pachelbel-like chord progression

it's all about context. ;)

Quote:

Supreme Loser

hahaha

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Sing with me, It's Monday Now...!

Recorded in my private studio with my Logitech (R) Skype (R) Headset. 8-)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

epic. 8-)

I can see this song receiving many, many, references in the future.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

not bad at all now try putting words to the other one.

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/post/770804

wow

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Not exactly what I expected... but anyway, my little contribution.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

that was a realy good

edit
love the last part too it adds a gimic

wow

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Matthew said:

You won't be disappointed.

You were right!
Any more lyrics to that? I was thinking of a chorus with "Allegro.cc blablabla... Allegro.cc yadayada... Allegro.cc etc". Btw, how do you exactly pronounce allegro.cc? I would say "Allegro see see". Do we need the "dot" there?

A chorus needs a chorus, right? Three voices would do the allegro thing.
.{"name":"596459","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/4\/f410206d9de542492d1d4b384175188d.png","w":668,"h":143,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/4\/f410206d9de542492d1d4b384175188d"}596459
or
.{"name":"596460","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/4\/3404f37f4bd4dc5a1b908a5186097ebb.png","w":670,"h":141,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/4\/3404f37f4bd4dc5a1b908a5186097ebb"}596460

[edit]

Matthew's mp3 genre info said:

BritPop

8-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

not bad at all now try putting words to the other one.

It's pretty slow and empty. I'm not very musical, so filling in the blanks is a bit difficult.

Quote:

Not exactly what I expected... but anyway, my little contribution.

Haha, that's great. But just piling on top of an MP3 isn't going to sound too good. We need to give out our stuff as solo wav files (or whatever).

Quote:

Any more lyrics to that?

Sorry, but I ran out of music! Put together a full length thing with a chorus spot and an instrumental solo for our guitarists et al, and I'm sure the words will write themselves.

Quote:

Allegro see see

That's how I say it.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too.

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Great song Matt. I'll try to get the team to use it for the end credits. :P

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too.

:o

Trombones are cool. Do we have any trumpets? Violins?

Quote:

Great song Matt. I'll try to get the team to use it for the end credits.

What team? :-X

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

The Monday team, of course.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

What a coincidence!!! :D

By the way, when we are done with this song, we need to make a music video too. 8-)

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Cool, then we can put video of you dancing in the end credits too!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I've written a few songs worth of lyrics in the past... I might be able to contribute to lyrics...

Also, apparently midi is not a Linux friendly format. >:(

(No, I did not read the whole thread yet... I came in late and just found all instances of "lyrics" in the thread :P)

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Any track that gets recorded should be done without the backgrounds getting into it. The backgrounds may be midi as long as we're recording different tracks like vocals, guitars, any added instruments. But it would be great to have the drums and bass recorded, too. If not, the drum track should probably anyhow be re-programmed by someone with a good sense of drum things.

[edit]
This is what the whole structure could be like:
intro
verse 1
verse 2
chorus
intro-like bridge back to...
verse 3
chorus
solo
chorus X times, fade or outro

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

bamccaig said:

Also, apparently midi is not a Linux friendly format. >:(

It is.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

bamccaig said:

I've written a few songs worth of lyrics in the past...

It's an interesting process when a song is born. Some lyric writers need the music, some can't write any lyrics to music already done. Some composers need lyrics to compose, some can't compose to lyrics written. Some lyric writers can't write the lyrics to given music if it doesn't have a title ready.

Matthew said:

We'll need more tracks anyway if we want to publish a full CD, so make a second one!

Should bamccaig post his music here with or without titles?

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

I got bored too... :-/ Ok... So I guess I'll contribute a little... ;)

I changed some of the midi file and then turned it back into audio with some pro equipment. I've attached the modified midi file, a mixdown of the midi to audio and a third file... Well the third one isn't that great... If I had the other instruments and vocals as separate tracks I could make a better mixdown... But the plain midi version sounds a little more like RPG music now ::).... Just give me tracks and I'll mix and master an allegro hit ;D

[edit] The piano is a little rough but it works...

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

lots of musical talent on allegro. add some more stuff to the slow beat so matt can put vocals to it. i sence he was holding back a bit i want to see what he can realy do.

wow

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Yeah Matt, don't contain yourself, give us all you have ! ;D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Go to: