Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Disturbing dream

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Disturbing dream
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

My note include instructions on how to wipe hard drives clean on Linux servers. 8-)

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

There was an announcement of an allegroid death just over a year ago...

Could the dream have been about this?

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Erikster
Member #9,510
February 2008

Hmmm, I got cussed out by this crazy, over-protective, ignorant 30 something year old lady on Mt. Hood. If I didn't walk away, it could've come to blows between me and her ugly husband. (He was a few pounds smaller than me, and a few inches shorter, the only way for him to beat me up would be if he had a weapon.)

No, I'm not kidding. This was my second time being cussed out by a stupid old stranger. I'm a magnet for problems. I'm not trying to make them, it just happens.

Cat! I'm a kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance.

Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

Quote:

My note include instructions on how to wipe hard drives clean on Linux servers. 8-)

That kind of material is nothing to be proud of. >:(

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

Re death announcement: I use my real-name for the a.cc forum, so if I die, somebody who knows me IRL is likely to Google my name and see that I post here, so they'll register an account and make an announcement.

Wow. No one would do that for me.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

Wow. No one would do that for me.

Leave a notice.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

Leave a notice.

No one who would honor such a notice has the technical skill to do that for me.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Maybe some sort of script that'll run after a week has passed without you setting the time back? Of course, if you forget to set the time back, you'll have an embarrassing time explaining "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

Leave a notice that includes detailed explanations on how to register and post to a.cc

For the guy who can barely turn on a computer, and gets completely lost trying to open a word document?

He's the person any message I left behind would go to, and he has no way of contacting my friends here on campus (although it is conceivable that they would contact him).

But it doesn't matter. You guys can assume I'm dead if I fail to post for more than five weeks. No announcement necessary.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Come on, it's not that hard to get online.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I'm being serious. If you asked him how to open a document he would just give you a blank stare. He's never used a computer in his life. Don't get me wrong, he's reasonably intelligent, he just has exactly zero experience and no desire to gain any.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

If that person is under 30, I would love to know how you have no experience in computers what so ever. (50 may be more a realistic age for the lower limit however)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

He's about 50. He was a good friend of my dad's and took me in after my dad died.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Arthur said:

[quote Phipps]
I'm still waiting for a hot dream about my auntie Gertrude.

She needs to post more pics so your (and my) subconscious has something to work with.
</quote>

Shame on you! Your poor aunt. No wonder neither of you has a girlfriend.

Fjellstrom said:

She always seemed to have fun with the comments. That's why most people do it. Her excuse for not being around is being a teacher or something.

I'm actually busy with plenty of things... School, work, volunteering, extra courses here and there, friends, family etc. You just move on in life, ya know? Can't stay stuck in the same spot forever.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

For the guy who can barely turn on a computer, and gets completely lost trying to open a word document?

You can assign stuff in your will to friends you know. And if they are friends, they will likely do as asked.

Quote:

Can't stay stuck in the same spot forever.

You might want to tell that to your brother ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Quote:

Shame on you! Your poor aunt.

>:(

Don't make me spank my auntie! 8-)

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Last night I dreamed about trying to access the wglGetStrings() function and it returned a pointer to a load of hax0r bafflegab.

[EDIT] Phippseys original post about pictures didn't mention "aunt" did they? I was sure it was Diana.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Quote:

Last night I dreamed about trying to access the wglGetStrings() function and it returned a pointer to a load of hax0r bafflegab.

Damn if that ain't the g33kiest thing I read all week! ;D

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

alethiophile
Member #9,349
December 2007

Last night I dreamed that the Lethrblaka (from Eragon/Eldest) were actually large black cats.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
C++: An octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog.
I am the Lightning-Struck Penguin of Doom.

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

I dreamed I was programming as well. But at least I was programming a cool 3D game with unique gameplay elements and interface.

Too bad programming like that doesn't work in real life :).

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

Quote:

Don't make me spank my auntie! 8-)

Someone's frustrated.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

Phippseys original post about pictures didn't mention "aunt" did they? I was sure it was Diana

Nope it didn't.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Vanneto said:

Quote:

Damn if that ain't the g33kiest thing I read all week! ;D

Did anyone else have the urge to find out if bafflegab is a valid hex number? I converted it into 0xbaff1e6ab

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Go to: