Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Disturbing dream

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Disturbing dream
Rash
Member #2,374
May 2002

I had a dream a few days ago where an Allegro.cc poster (name withheld) had died and it was announced on the forum.

Just a FYI in case something happens.

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Well it definitely wasn't me. I don't think anybody I know in real-life knows that I post here. Or, probably, that I program at all.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I suppose nobody with that name exists on these forums. He would have to register first.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Rash
Member #2,374
May 2002

Oh no, it was someone who does post here; I'm just not going to say who it is, lest I freak that person out.

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Funny. Today i'm so infuriated that I started to wonder if a person can die from being angry enough. (for those in the know, yes, a loose translation of "voiko vitutukseen kuolla?")

You don't deserve my sig.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Pop a blood vessel.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Oh no, it was someone who does post here; I'm just not going to say who it is, lest I freak that person out.

Now we really want to know.

microcat
Member #9,025
September 2007

Quote:

I had a dream a few days ago where an Allegro.cc poster (name withheld) had died and it was announced on the forum.

Just a FYI in case something happens.

I find that very disturbing. The fact that you dream with interweb forums, I mean.

;)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Sorry, my bad I didn't bother to translate "withheld" and automatically thought of it as a name.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

Not so long ago I dreamt I failed an exam I had recently taken, being one point away from passing it. Luckily it was not a dream of truth. I failed the test three points short.

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

Sometimes I wish I had utterly banal dreams. Mine are usually nonsensical confusion-fests involving strange concepts such as transsexual aliens who are planning on covering the moon in Easy Cheese and consuming it for brunch.

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

TELL ME IF I'M GOING TO DIE! :o:-X???

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Hope it wasn't me. :P If it is me and something does happen, I'll be sure to let you know. ;)

In capitalist America bank robs you.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

It was me, I died. So long A.cc it was nice know'in ya's.....

:'(

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

I read one of those trash-news pieces about a guy who reckons his dead wife is still sending him text messages. Anybody think they'd still continue to post here if they died?

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Quote:

I read one of those trash-news pieces about a guy who reckons his dead wife is still sending him text messages.

Are those messages anything like "Party at UberClub 23:00 4.4.2008 18+ girls drink free 20$ entrance fee includes first drink"?

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

Are those messages anything like "Party at UberClub 23:00 4.4.2008 18+ girls drink free 20$ entrance fee includes first drink"?

Yeah, that's how he knows it is definitely not someone else pretending to be her — only she knows that those words were the first draft of his wedding vows.

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

Quote:

Anybody think they'd still continue to post here if they died?

That's funny, I had a dream some years ago where I haunted the a.cc forums.

Oh, and who is going to die? You must tell us now!

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Quote:

Anybody think they'd still continue to post here if they died?

For some members that would actually improve the quality of their posts.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

i lerned why i am the way i am, its becas i'm actulay a zombi.

will you let me hav your brain? i want to study it, i promis e I am not going to eat

i am making a zombie rts (w/ dagronball also).

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, lulz ;)

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

It wasn't me by any chance? I have the habit of dieing in other people's dreams. For some reason when other people tell me I've made an appearance in their dream, it's usually either because I've died, been arrested, or gotten into a fight.

As for a.cc members who have died, AFAIK, only spudster has hung up his coding gloves for good (here is the thread).

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Todd Cope
Member #998
November 2000

Quote:

Now that the announcement is taken care of...

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

L0L that's a macabre sense of humor Todd Cope...

Go to: