Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » So, what's new?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
So, what's new?
spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Hiho!

It's been a while, so I wanted to ask what's new? Besides Chaos Groove, that is ;)

--
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Nothing new. Still every troll is being fed here.;)

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Hm.. yeah, I should get a new sig, I guess.

--

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

It's been a while

Finally break out of your while loop?

Anyway, many still speak of you here. I remember taking a code snippet you posted a few months ago (don't worry, I gave ya credit). So what have you been up to.

As far as I can tell, a.cc seems to be pretty much the same since I joined a while ago. Oh and allegro 5.0...still doesn't exist.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Welcome back!

Quote:

Oh and allegro 5.0...still doesn't exist

Yeah, but 4.3 is likely to be renamed as 4.9 ;)

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

hey man, remember me? hint.... y_man

also it's 4 am, g'night internets

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

Holy mother of God, he lives! How's life?

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

So, what's new?

Nothing to speak of. Maybe we should ask you, there has been rumours around here. Some said you got stuck in Azeroth, others said you got married, etc.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

others said you got married

he did. He even posted wedding photos. :)

So how's married life treating you?

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

So it is

Quote:

This morning: Civil wedding
This evening: Wow wedding

;D

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

I assume he was also busy writing another book about game development, which according to amazon.de is to come out in August this year.[edit]Looking at it again, it seems to be just a re-release, not an entirely new book.[/edit]

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Hi ho spellcaster oh! \o/ ;D

I'm still working for the same company, trying to write games for a living (but instead ending up doing systems and libraries for the games :-X), and still participating in SpeedHacks and TINSes and then neglecting to review :-X ;D

(The company and their game shall remain nameless. I put its name into my profile on Orkut but set it visible to friends only, and a player found me by searching for it. Bastard ;D)

What are you up to?

I missed that previous thread, so

Quote:

We might make a short trip to Nottingham ;)

Honeymoon in Nottingham? :o Dear oh dear. How was it?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

he did. He even posted wedding photos.

Oops, now that should be called 'old'. However my apology for ignorance is that I was out for two months from july to august and didn't have teh internets.

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Michael Faerber
Member #4,800
July 2004

Instead of making a new book about game development with Allegro, you could write a new one: "How I cured my addiction to WoW"

;)

--
"The basic of informatics is Microsoft Office." - An informatics teacher in our school
"Do you know Linux?" "Linux? Isn't that something for visually impaired people?"

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

The company and their game shall remain nameless.

Is it still the same company that it used to be?

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Welcome back spellcaster !

I hope the rope is not still too hard around your neck ;-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Edward Sheets
Member #4,734
June 2004

Welcome back, spellcaster. :)

---

Note: carving a pentagram on the top of a container of spoiled yogurt does not summon a yogurt demon. -Kikaru

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Quote:

I assume he was also busy writing another book about game development, which according to amazon.de is to come out in August this year.[edit]Looking at it again, it seems to be just a re-release, not an entirely new book.

Interesting ;)
According to my editor, they are just "thinking about it" .. hm.. I should ask for more money, if they already advertise on amazon, heh.

Quote:

Instead of making a new book about game development with Allegro, you could write a new one: "How I cured my addiction to WoW"

Well, basically, Blizzard did cure me. I basically got bored and slightly frustrated. My wife is still enjoying WoW, though.

Quote:

Honeymoon in Nottingham?

That never happened. It's still on our list of things we really want to do, though.

What have I done in the mean time? Not much to be honest. We moved a couple of kilometers into a bigger apartment, instead of a desk in our living room I do now have my own (but small) office:

{"name":"office.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/c\/9c2fba1f4c87214daf57b83ccfc64326.png","w":800,"h":200,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/c\/9c2fba1f4c87214daf57b83ccfc64326"}office.png

I do have some ideas for games in my mind, and after quitting WoW I do finally have the time to actually code something again. So chances are not bad that I might post some questions or code snippets in the near future.

--

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Welcome back Spelly!

We've missed you in your abscensce. As you can see from this thread (which BTW is still open), many of us have been wondering where you've been. It's good to have you back.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

Quote:

and after quitting WoW I do finally have the time to actually code something again

There's no such thing as quitting; only extended periods of offline. :P

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

I do have some ideas for games in my mind, and after quitting WoW I do finally have the time to actually code something again. So chances are not bad that I might post some questions or code snippets in the near future.

Sounds like you're where I was a month or so ago. I quit WoW for a while after spending time at 60, then went raiding MC and BWL, then guild fell apart, then played with friends to gear up for BC, then quit until it came out, then had fun in Outlands, then everyone got bored at 70 and left and I have no reason to play anymore. :P So I've been in and out over the last few years, pretty much out for good now. All my spare time is going into my current projects, and coming here for advice/amusement.

PS: Nice to see you back.

PPS: Link your armory. ;)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Not quite. I left a nicely working raid, because spending my time either raiding, farming for mats to raid or doing some pvp to get some items I could use for the raid got boring.

I even tried to start playing again... but I just felt bored.

My armory entry is not available because I haven't been in the game for a while, sorry. But I had a epic/blue equipped shadow priest (70). The other chars never made it beyond 65 (hunter, warlock, rogue).

And since the next bliz game is SC and not Diablo, there's no chance of getting addicted again in the near future. I also kinda like the fact that I know have time. It's a pretty nice thing if you have been raiding 5 days a week for 1.5 years.

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Young Spellcaster.. You have much to do to atone for your geeky level 70.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Unfortunately you can't write that you achieved Level 70 to your CV. :)

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

Quote:

It's a pretty nice thing if you have been raiding 5 days a week for 1.5 years.

At the moment I'm liking the fact that I can spend 1 hour a week doing Arenas and obtain better epics than my guildies who spend 4-5 hours raiding every second day... although that is partly to do with the fact that there is only 1 DPS plate item in the whole of Kara. I loved heroic instances though - best thing about TBC in my opinion, but I've now got every single item I need from them (apart from maybe one or two epic gems), so I've not got much incentive to do them :(

1   2   3 

Go to: