Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » sexually transmitable diseases/viruses

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
sexually transmitable diseases/viruses
le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

A programming site is probably not the best place to ask, but what the hell.

Anyway HPV is getting all the attention lately, and apparently condoms dont fully protect you from it fully. I'm wondering ...suppose, getting a blow job with a condom on ( :'( ) from a girl you dont know very well, can one still get HPV from that?

This can be a good educational/question thread for everyone about sexually transmittable diseases/viruses.

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Try it out, and get back with us.

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

edit

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Damn edits!

-R

Elverion
Member #6,239
September 2005

Yes. Condoms don't provide very good protection against HPV. Google viral shedding. It is more easily transfered from female to male (with the use of a condom) than male to female.

--
SolarStrike Software - MicroMacro home - Automation software.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

HPV is the beginning of the std::list?

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Good thing I don't screw around.

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Was she fat? Everyone is fat nowadays. So much competition for the fit girls.

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Why did I think HPV was women-only? (like, affects women only)

Also, isn't there a vaccine or drug or something?

AM I ENTIRELY CRAZY??

Edit:
From earlier today, in an IM...

Quote:

People who have had more than five oral-sex partners in their lifetime are 250% more likely to have throat cancer than those who do not have oral sex, a new study suggests.

The researchers believe this is because oral sex may transmit human papillomavirus (HPV), the virus implicated in the majority of cervical cancers.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

HPV is nothing compared to AIDS.

HPV regress and disappear by itself in most cases, only in 15 to 25 % drive to smething as cancer of uterus. Ask wikipedia, HPV are as old as human, and no animal is prevented from them. There are more than 120 different species for the human.
Only a few are really driving to cancer.

A vaccin is existing but only treat 70 of the 120 knwow HPV species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

HPV is only really dangerous to women. It can cause cervical cancer.
Since it's a virus a condom won't do any good.

But since recently there is a vaccine.
I think everyone should get it, to kill this thing off.

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Wikipedia said:

Vaccine

Main article: HPV vaccine

On June 8, 2006, the FDA approved Gardasil, a prophylactic HPV vaccine which is marketed by Merck. The vaccine trial,[32] conducted in adult women with a mean age of 23, showed protection against initial infection with HPV types 16 and 18, which together cause 70 percent of cervical cancers. HPV types 16 and 18 also cause anal cancer in men and women. The trial also showed 100% efficacy against persistent infections, not just incident infections. The vaccine also protects against HPV types 6 and 11, which cause 90 percent of genital warts. Women aged nine through twenty-six can be vaccinated, though the trial did not test minors. GlaxoSmithKline is expected to seek approval for a prophylactic vaccine targeting HPV types 16 and 18 early in 2007, known as Cervarix. Since the current vaccine will not protect women against all the HPV types that cause cervical cancer, it will be important for women to continue to seek Pap smear testing, even after receiving the vaccine. In addition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends vaccinating women who have already been diagnosed with HPV (October 2006).[33]

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Well at least I'm not crazy.

...well, crazy in terms of knowledge of HPV...I'm still crazy in other ways...

**Kibiz0r runs off into the distance, throwing hammers in the air in front of himself and trying to get underneath them before they hit the ground.**

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Why are we concerned about this? Are we not programmers?

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Quote:

Since it's a virus a condom won't do any good.

That is utter nonsense. A condom works by keeping body fluids apart, and it does a very good job at that - no matter whether it's about viruses or bacteria or whatever.
So, whatever you do, use a condom anyway (unless you're both properly tested, and you're 200% she's not been seeing anyone else for enough time, and neither have you). And even then, a condom does not offer 100% protection from getting pregnant (though for a blow job, that chance is pretty low...)

This doesn't mean you're 100% safe with a condom - truth is, you never are. And there are other nasty things you can get, condom or not.

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

If you are still afraid, masturbate. But, even doing so, be warned: too much mono will bring you cystitis(urinary disease) ( heh,that is the first English valid word I write that the spellchecker does not know ;-) ), and frustration.

Use a condom, only forget it when you are sure of the partner. I second Tobias for that.

But, heh, do not be that afraid. AIDS is the worse you can catch. Crabs are good and loyal pets huhuhu :-X

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Apparently it never struck some people that condoms do in fact protect you from the Human Immunodeficiency Virus... :P

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

Try it out, and get back with us.

Try it out but don't get back with us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Yeah keep your crabs for you !
They all have enough to do with theirs ;-p

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I wonder if she likes the taste of latex (or latex-free condom flavor). :-/

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

That's what flavored condoms are for.

-R

Matt Smith
Member #783
November 2000

Take swabs and send them to the lab ;D

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Quote:

A condom works by keeping body fluids apart, and it does a very good job at that - no matter whether it's about viruses or bacteria or whatever.

vs

Quote:

a condom does not offer 100% protection from getting pregnant

So it doesn't allow tiny little viruses through but can let relatively huge sperms? ;)

I know, a condom can break and other accidents can happen. Getting pregnant is considerably more difficult than being in touch with SDD's.

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

What is HPV?

From wikipedia it sounds like some kind of sexually trasmitted cancer?

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

It is a virus that causes a disease that causes cancer for women. Worst scenario, that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

1   2 

Go to: