Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » [MinorHack] The saga continues

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[MinorHack] The saga continues
Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Quote:

Well, technically the whole competition is nil because there was no way to vote.

My favorite is still the two man compo, where there is a way to vote ... sort of.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Jakub: who still needs convincing? ;)

Zaphos: That was the one comp I was glad I missed. :P

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

who still needs convincing?

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious about now :P.

CGamesPlay: At the risk of being an idiot once more - are you sure the revised entries in the competition ZIPs are actually the revised ones? I get the same source for both xxx.c and xxx_r.c, with the difference being 8 bytes in the comments.

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

When is todays MH?

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Jakub: Now it's my turn to be the idiot :) Fixed. Can you try the new Makefile? The only difference is the CXX = g++. Hope it works!

[append]
And BAF is just a lazy idiot.

[append]
The next MinorHack has been proposed, but it conflicts with TINS. I'm in favor of one right before TINS (I proposed it).

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

It works OK now. I think it was something wrong with my system, I've had problems with environment variables once already - it seems that sometimes those that are set as "user" variables (as opposed to "system") are not working properly. "set MINGDIR" displayed "MINGDIR=c:/mingw", but make didn't consider it defined...

[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

MinorHack starts in 13 min! :D

Hope it's a nice rule this time... :P

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

I'm done ;).

My entry is called Arrow Fighter and is for the twitch-fingered ;). The aim is to press the shown key combination in the time alotted. Each level has less time than the previous, and any mistake is game over.

It should compile out of the box with a simple "g++ x.cpp -ox -lalleg", but I'll attach a Windows binary anyway.

[EDIT]
Since when is MinorHack so quiet?

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I joined with 47 minutes to go and uploaded at the buzzer. There's a bug I'm working on now. Mine's not a game unfortunately.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Simon Parzer
Member #3,330
March 2003

I didn't finish in time >:(
Now I'm thinking if I should make a revised one or not. Is it worth it anyway?

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Mine is done as well. I didn't get a name. :(

Just throw stars to hit the enemies, don't get hit. I will make this into a working game a little later. :(

It's worth it if you want to. ;)

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Well, it seems this MinorHack is the biggest at a whopping 7 finished entries. I'm gonna go and play them all now.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

9! :)

--

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

I think mine would be pretty fun, if it was playable. ;D

I never got the hang of deleting inside fors of std::lists. I always do... well, something else entirely.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Uploaded a new version which allows you to have multiple images.

------------

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Kikaru's entry required 3 changes to compile: int main, not void, return 0, not return, and winalleg.h.

--

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Well, not on mine. It ran fine the way it is. :-/

winalleg.h is a quick fix for std::vector. Forgot to take it out. :P

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Here's what mine does:

This image:

becomes:

{"name":"591615","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/7\/971c34d88c7697e39c9612e8d96fb45e.jpg","w":646,"h":512,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/7\/971c34d88c7697e39c9612e8d96fb45e"}591615

------------

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

My entry has a nasty bug when you can't exit if you had a keypressed when the game ended (pretty much always ;)). I've fixed it in the revised entry, it's just one line of code changed from "while (keypressed());" to "while (keypressed()) readkey();" ;).

Attached a binary for the revised one.

This time around I honestly believe I wasn't going to make it. Around 20:23 I had nothing to show. Somehow, I did manage to pull it off... It's a great feeling when you don't stop and eventually get it done in time :).

[EDIT]

Quote:

9! :)

Not only I'm an idiot, it seems I'm also unable to count!

Anyway, you let me down Krzysztof :P. I thought we were going to make it the next "Teraz Polska" competition ;).

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Ok, excuse my ignorance, but how do I run a makefile? ???

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Err.. make. At least if you have make installed with your MinGW, which you should.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

make, from the command line, or mingw32-make if you have a certain GCC version.

Also, my entry isn't too bad after fixing that stupid for loop error. Took me a good 15 minutes to fix though.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Huh? I mean, a step-by-step walk-through of it. I know nothing about them... :-X

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Quote:

Around 20:23 I had nothing to show.

Me too -- but that's the norm, for me ... :-[

How do I get Simon's to compile?

Simon Parzer
Member #3,330
March 2003

Quote:

Ok, excuse my ignorance, but how do I run a makefile? ???

You go into the dir and type "make"

Quote:

How do I get Simon's to compile?

Error? On my computer it compiles flawlessly.

Go to: