Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » show_mouse(...) error?

Credits go to Kitty Cat for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
show_mouse(...) error?
Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

Ok...I was working on a project from someone else and noticed it kept giving an error when I exited the program...I couldn't trace the error to any code other than allegro's. I started playing with the code and found this:

show_mouse(buff);

in the beginning of the code. I noticed that if I commented out that line, all is well. I also figured out that if you use:

before exiting, this also solves the problem. I guess my question is:

Is this operation intended or is this an error in the allegro code? I've not really dealt with the mouse routines too much, so I don't really know....the allegro docs are not clear on this topic.

Edit:
Allegro version 4.2

Thanks,
Donald 8-)

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

You need to make sure you're not showing the mouse on a bitmap as it's destroyed. That said, using show_mouse on anything other than the screen is just asking for trouble.

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

That's what I thought...I was just looking over someone elses work and noticed that...never used show_mouse() like that myself, so I never had that problem before. Maybe the docs should warn against this so others don't do the same thing...

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

Go to: