Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Better Social Skills

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Better Social Skills
Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

don't take then to a bit to eat thats gay or you will setyour self to be known as food guy.

Eh?
What's so weird about asking someone out for lunch? Or meeting up for dinner when there is the occasion to do so? People do eat, you know?

Quote:

all the stuff these guys are telling you todo sounds gay. are these guys or girls your trying to get to invite you?

Care to explain that? When it comes to basic social interaction, going for a drink/movie/theater/lunch is the perfect way to get to know people.

Quote:

asking guys you dont hang out with to go see a movie they will get the wrong idea.

Asking random people you never talk to for a movie will do that, yes. However, people you regularly talk to over lunch you can go see a movie with if there's something you want to see. Oh, but I forget, you think having lunch is "gay".

May I say, you have a really weird idea about interacting with people. Then again, I never "got" the whole "being cool" and "hanging out" thing.

Quote:

what type of games do you play.

Board games or card games, mostly. I find the social aspect more important than the competition in the game though (and no, there is no social aspect to five or six people playing computer games at the same time). Does that sound girlish? I'm sure it does.

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

May I say, you have a really weird idea about interacting with people. Then again, I never "got" the whole "being cool" and "hanging out" thing.

He can't really be serious. If he is then it's the thoughts of a 14 year old. He is funny though. :)

Quote:

Board games or card games, mostly. I find the social aspect more important than the competition in the game though (and no, there is no social aspect to five or six people playing computer games at the same time).

I like board and card games as well, and there is a great social aspect to it. I wouldn't say that playing computer games isn't social as well though. If you are in the same room it can be very social as well.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

If he is then it's the thoughts of a 14 year old. He is funny though. :)

Or an amoral, manipulative bastard, bereft of emotion. A person who sees other people as cardboard cutouts and not as thinking, feeling, emotional beings like himself. People like that really do exist in adulthood... And they usually become mass murderers.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

emotional beings like himself.

Isn't he supposed to be bereft of emotion? ;)

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Oooh, he's an enigma... :P

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

nonnus29 i am aware of that side of the manipulative's personality they normally become colt leader or kill them selfs from getting to much of what they want like (stds or drug overdose) but I'm not one of that personality. my personality is that of a watcher.i watch and study the diffrent personalties. i can alter my personalit to think like any of the personality's i have studied because i understand then.
i found out that all personalties have diffrent abilities to help them make it in the world. that means they have weakness too. for example a manipulative person is blow average in school and really has a hard time doing thing by themselfs. here and example of a ability a Coward has the ability think of all things that can happen bad in a give setoation but, he only dose so to ovoid it not to counter it.

and from what i got from Kibiz0r: is he want to be apart of the gaming group.

and Evert: playing boardgames is not consider to be the a "gamer" atmosphere i can tell be the tone of your post you don't play the aggressive boardgames game like monoply or the card games like harts or yucca, you probably play spades.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

for example a manipulative person is blow average in school and really has a hard time doing thing by themselfs. here and example of a ability a Coward has the ability think of all things that can happen bad in a give setoation but, he only dose so to ovoid it not to counter it.

Truer words were never spoken. No, hang on, what I meant to say was "what a load of crap!"

Quote:

and from what i got from Kibiz0r: is he want to be apart of the gaming group.

and Evert: playing boardgames is not consider to be the a "gamer" atmosphere i can tell be the tone of your post you don't play the aggressive boardgames game like monoply or the card games like harts or yucca, you probably play spades.

Now I see what you are the undisputed King of Studying People.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

but i am right because the intellectual people are the ones easyest to fall pray to a manipulative person. they are the easyest because they are the once the manipulative person needs to do their task because a manipulative person lacks in the intellectual area. if you want prof go look up what type of people from the body of colt groups and you will see prof.

wow

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

i can tell be the tone of your post you don't play the aggressive boardgames game like monoply or the card games like harts or yucca, you probably play spades.

So much for your skill at judging people...

Quote:

they are the easy because they are the once the manipulative person needs to do they task because a manipulative person lacks in the intellectual area. if you want prof go look up what type of people from the body of colt groups and you will see prof.

Can you repeat that in English?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Can you repeat that in English?

It appears that his line of reasoning is thus: Manipulative people need smart people to do things for them, therefore smart people are easier targets. And this can be proven by studying the members of cults, because as everyone knows, the majority of cult-members are intellectuals.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

yes! thanks LennyLen and this is all nature's doing because intellectuals trade off social smartness for intellectual smartness like a see-saw all people have stats similar to and rpg but they are see-saw developed. when building out one your not building up its counterpart but your not lowering it so a see-saw mite be a bad example.

wow

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

intellectuals trade off social smartness for intellectual smartness

Ok, cite some proof for that that isn't anecdotal. There are clever people who are socially handicapped, but I know a lot of clever people who are quite sociable (I count my self as such too).
Note that things like Internet forums do not provide you with a good statistical cross section.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

yes! thanks LennyLen

Um, I was being facetious.

Quote:

because intellectuals trade off social smartness for intellectual smartness

How do you explain people with degress in sociology then? (I can hear the BA jokes from the rest of the crowd already ;))

Quote:

all people have stats similar to and rpg but they are see-saw developed

Life isn't like a box of chocolates and it sure as hell isn't like an RPG (unless you view it through an extremely narrow mindset).

Quote:

There are clever people who are socially handicapped, but I know a lot of clever people who are quite sociable (I count my self as such too).

And there are clever people who can use their astuteness to overcome there social handicaps.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Evert said:

but I know a lot of clever people who are quite sociable (I count my self as such too).

then with the with babalanceou would fall under a differente prsonalit.

Evert said:

Note that things like Internet forums do not provide you with a good statistical cross section.

I have been anlanalyzingople my whole life. when i was about 5 to 6 maybe younger i was a kid that thing would happen too and i did not know why. i alway would you do someing like that. example: a dude would made friends with me and then while we where playing he would fight me like i was his enamey and then say he was just plaing when i got mad. or he would try an inbarish me infront of people. then one day i just said im going to find out why. it starded by make ascuses for some ones behavor they the ascuses became more complex. then i stared to see patarns in behavor thats how i devolped.

edit spell check inst working again

wow

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

edit spell check inst working again

err... when did it work for you?

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Spell check is working fine, but what you type at least needs to resemble what you intend somewhat. ;)

Quote:

babalanceou

The what?
It doesn't even look like a word to me...

Quote:

I have been anlanalyzingople my whole life.

I said proof that isn't anecdotal.

Quote:

when i was about 5 to 6 maybe younger i was a kid that thing would happen too and i did not know why. i alway would you do someing like that. example: a dude would made friends with me and then while we where playing he would fight me like i was his enamey and then say he was just plaing when i got mad. or he would try an inbarish me infront of people. then one day i just said im going to find out why. it starded by make ascuses for some ones behavor they the ascuses became more complex. then i stared to see patarns in behavor thats how i devolped.

Well, I'm sorry if you got teased a lot when you were a child, but that doesn't nescessarily give you a good insight in what drives people.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

piccolo (translated) said:

I have been analyzing people my whole life.

So? My mother has been cooking for 40+ years, and it still tastes terrible! (Well, actually I made that up, but my point is that you can do something for a long time and still not be good at it).

edit:

Evert said:

The what?
It doesn't even look like a word to me...

Well, based on the way that the spell-check bug works, it looks like he was trying to write "then with that balance, you would fall under a different personality type."

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

LennyLen your comprehation skills are pretty high this can make you good with teaching.

wow

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I'm way too intolerant of other people to be a teacher.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Funniest thread in a while.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Epoch
Member #4,737
June 2004

If you can manage to read it without getting a headache.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

babalanceou

This needs to be made into a word. A popular word. Because every time I read it I laugh my hair off. (it grows back very quickly)

Ron Ofir
Member #2,357
May 2002

I really have to make a "Piccolonceoufy"... It should found your vowels and move them around, then add random letters (n, or l mostly) and then add a suffix.

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

This thread is gold. After picollo started i have been laughing quite well, even though i only half-read his posts. I feel good now.

This is a little off-topic, but i feel compelled.

I hate store clerks (there goes my [feeling good]ness). They always try to manipulate you so that the only way that they will accept this faulty hdd or RAM module is if you hassle them and make a scene.

I swear to god the next time one of them tells me to "...go home and try it again just in case, before we go further..." i'll punch him or something. grr.

People that do this are really mean-spirited, especially if the customer/victim is not strong-willed (they REALLY take advantage of this, i know).

Store clerks are fuck heads. They should all horribly die. Right now.

Also, potentially more useful / insightful:
meeting people for the first time may only go well (probably) if you care a lot, but do not worry at all.

I do not worry, NOR care, and also act a little bit reclusive sometimes (but not always). Thus things do not always go smoothly. The first moments are fragile (but you know this, everyone does). And it takes a good feeling of empathy or at least sticking to common courtesy (the almost over-the-top politeness that nice girls always have) for things to go well.

I usually get some kind of back-to-reality wake up call when they act wierded out because i am rocking backwards and forwards in my seat singing "i am so great. i am so fucking great. thank god for me, cos i am so great!". It makes me go "oh yeah! they're new... heh too bad."

I had this just a few monthss ago at uni as we have a team project, but no one knows each other. After a week or 3 they realise that i'm just bored / trying to be funny.

[EDIT] I know why i <3 picollo's posts so much... they read like timecube! (dont hate me for my crappy posts either. Or at least be gentle. Please).

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

What did you write? I didn't read it.

Go to: