Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » My campaign...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
My campaign...
relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

I know this is completely off-topic and I am not in the habit of posting here or anywhere, for that matter, despite the fact that I spend a considerable amount of time browsing these forums, especially when off-topic; however, considering the relatively high zealot to logical user ratio among Linux users is quite high, I feel it is important to represent the denominator from time to time, despite undeniable fact that my text will be simply lost in the sea.

Personally, I am glad very few people use Linux. I use Linux myself and every percent of the market share Linux doesn't have is another deterrent to not make viruses, ad-ware, and spyware on Linux, which, of course, means I don't need to be bothered with anti-spyware programs alerting me to every registry change and anti-virus programs eating resources over their time consuming scans. The firewall portion is covered by my router, so I have little to worry about there. Meanwhile, my hardware has perfect support and I already know perfectly well how to use Linux. Also, considering I don't play computer games, all programs which I find essential for daily tasks are found on Linux. Furthermore, applications open when I click on them, buttons still go down and up with my mouse button, keys appear on the screen seemingly the instant I click on them, and any games I run for testing purposes, even if developed for consoles and need to be run in an emulator, run at least fast enough that I don't notice any glitches in movement; however, this may all be because my mind is not quick enough to see the milliseconds piling up.

Also, I believe it is important to note that there truly is no reason for anyone to switch to Linux. As long as they have any sort of argument, that is reason enough. Linux users seem to have this misconception that having people convert from worshiping colored boxes to worshiping penguins will lead the across the river to the promised land and eternal bliss, saving them from eternal damnation; however, this is not the case. In truth, they do no more than lead them from a field of sparse grass shoots and the occasional pothole across a polluted river carrying corpses in a swift current to, at best, a slightly different, but not better, field, and at worst, a garbage dump and the same eternal damnation from which they sought to alleviate the user from in the first place, giving them no choice but to once again cross the perilous river. Religious allegories aside, I have never even seen a Linux user present one truthful argument based solely on fact as to the superiority of Linux which cannot be countered with either an equally, if not more, valid argument, and this is putting aside the trouble must first go to before the switch is even complete. Furthermore, whenever one posses an argument against Linux's support of hardware, Linux users always seem to respond something along the lines of "That isn't Linux's fault" or "Yes, but it is amazing that Linux supports the amount of hardware that it does, considering almost no companies produce native drivers for it". Well, it might not be Linux's fault that it has poor hardware support but it most certainly is its problem, and considering that hardware support on Linux will not be taken care of by companies until Linux has a considerable (read: outside of the "other" piece on a pie graph) portion of the market share, which in turn wont happen until Linux has fantastic hardware support, this argument amounts to little more than a whine from people to lazy to crack their knuckles and start writting hardware drivers. I find the second quote I presented to foolish an argument to justify with any more words than this sentence contains, for it is equivalent to telling your boss after turning in a half finished project that he should congratulate you for accomplishing anything at all.

I would type more on the subject, but I feel this contribution, though incomplete, is already long enough to be immediately skipped over by any person to whom it applies. Furthermore, I smell food cooking and am quite sure the meal is complete.

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

those with too much moral to use pirated software

I'm wondering, which percentage is smaller... those using Linux, or those with high enough morals :)?

Quote:

And telling people "Go you!" when they try to help / comment isn't very friendly too.

I believe "go xxx!" is actually meant to encourage the xxx ;).

Anyway, I'd like to switch to Linux because being able to use a completely free OS/application setup has very much appeal for me. I always thought very high of people creating open source/freeware software, and I try to make all my own projects at least the latter, if not also the former.

I might try to get used to Linux again when it becomes inevitable to trash Windows XP because no new Windows stuff will be running on it.

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I'm rereading most of the thread to pick up on stuff I missed.

Quote:

It took me about a month to get equivalents for all the software I used on Windows.

What a waste of a month :P

Quote:

For example, configuration files work pretty much the same way for whatever you're trying to configure, so you only have to learn once and all the config files on the system are friendly to the user (you).

Not quite. Config files vary greatly. And look at the hell in xorg.conf. You'd have to have a very specific reason to try to make that file from scratch with xorgconfig and such that will do it for you.

Also, James, your tactics of blaming all problems of lack of availability the hardware/software vendors is plain ignorant. They make money off their programs, why would they just want to throw source code out in the open? And why try for Linux compatibility? One binary will never work on all systems.

Quote:

The 'knowing my way around Windows' is a common excuse, but just because you know how to work Windows, doesn't mean you can't have fun learning Linux.

Be careful how you say that. Some people, such as me, know both Linux and Windows. I use Linux on BAFServ, and my own personal server (which I run KDE w/ nx on), for example. Windows is by far the better choice, at least IMO, for desktop usage.

Quote:

I'm currently trying to install Gentoo because I'm building a cluster, unfortunately it will run on wireless, and the Gentoo installation pretty much requires ethernet, but I'll just lug it all downstairs to the router to get my drivers.

I had no problem with Gentoo and wireless (and I had to use ndiswrapper).

Quote:

It's not actually the only distro that works, but the CD drive won't read 'dark' disks, and I've started use CD-RWs, so I can't get any new distros on there, so I'm stuck with DSL.

CD-RW's stink. :P They take too long to erase/reuse/burn, plus they are more expensive. I've only reused a CD-RW once or twice before, and for that price, it's easier for the few cents it costs for a CD-R.

Quote:

ReactOS is cool. I ran it in an emulator once, and it seemed good. Unfortunately it seemed as stable as the Windows it is emulating. They even put in the BSOD.

Haha, that's so funny. What was your stability problem? Tell me your reasons for not using Windows, so I can offer explanations or alternatives.

Quote:

Epsi: No, you don't. You want to play that sort of game. There are plenty of alternatives. Also, the alternatives are free (as in beer), so even though they're not the same game, they're a lot cheaper. I know, that's a crap argument.

How do you know? I don't want to play some half-assed OSS alternative for UT, I want to play UT. And you have yet to mention an OSS alternative to those games.

Quote:

Yeah. Just edit the right files, I don't know off hand, because I've never felt the urge to stick three monitors on my desk (in fact, one barely fits!). If you could be bothered, you could install Linux once. Do all the fooling around, and never need to install it again. If you use a package manager (most distros do), you can use that to update the whole system with just a few commands, you could even put it in your crontab.

Until an upgrade introduces a new configuration file or deprecates something, then you're fucked and have to hack at it more. Been there, done that.

Quote:

On my Dads machine, he runs Windows, on my machine, I run MEPIS with KDE. My Dads machine has a faster processor, more RAM, and a graphics card (I use onboard), and the menus on right click take seconds to appear. It's just generally slow. I hate using it. KDE does everything instantly.

Having a clean install w/o spyware and all kinds of random context menu hooks helps. My 1.5 year old install still shows right context menus immediately, unless something is using 100% cpu.

Quote:

- unneeded security - I understand why Linux handles users the way it does, and I know it has its uses, but a home desktop is not one of them. I found that sometimes I have to "sudo" games just to let them run in fullscreen, and during the configuration stage I was pretty tired of finding out that I forgot to sudo Kate and it won't allow me to save the config file.

That reminds me of Vista. ;D To change the graphics settings, it asked me about 3 times if I was sure I wanted to change the setting. If I run Vista after it comes out, it better have options to disable all that shit.

Quote:

Your last argument I could throw right back at you and say Kolf doesn't work on Windows, Kaffeine doesn't work on Windows, Amarok doesn't work on Windows, KMail doesn't work on Windows, Konqueror doesn't work in Windows.

Might I help you? I don't know what Kolf is, Kaffiene is a movie player right? Use Windows Media player. Amarok is countered by Winamp. KMail is countered by thunderbird, and Konq by firefox. And, you are wrong. There are ports of KDE to Windows that you can use.

Also, ironically, in most cases I find support on IRC and such much better for Windows. You ask a question, they tell you point blank what you want. With Linux, sometimes you can get a good response, other times you have to explain your setup for 10 minutes, just to find out it's not possible. Funny, I've been trying on EFNet and FreeNode for 2 days to get help with suspend2 on my laptop, to no avail. Too bad I took so long configuring it all how I liked. :(

Quote:

Personally, I am glad very few people use Linux. I use Linux myself and every percent of the market share Linux doesn't have is another deterrent to not make viruses, ad-ware, and spyware on Linux, which, of course, means I don't need to be bothered with anti-spyware programs alerting me to every registry change and anti-virus programs eating resources over their time consuming scans. The firewall portion is covered by my router, so I have little to worry about there. Meanwhile, my hardware has perfect support and I already know perfectly well how to use Linux. Also, considering I don't play computer games, all programs which I find essential for daily tasks are found on Linux. Furthermore, applications open when I click on them, buttons still go down and up with my mouse button, keys appear on the screen seemingly the instant I click on them, and any games I run for testing purposes, even if developed for consoles and need to be run in an emulator, run at least fast enough that I don't notice any glitches in movement; however, this may all be because my mind is not quick enough to see the milliseconds piling up.

I thought Linux wa too secure for that? That's what everybody says in the list of pros for Linux. Thanks for backing up another one of my ideas. Ironically, a lot of people on Linux (I can recall a thread where binaries/source were discussed) say security through obscurity is bad, although, that's all Linux's security really is! And, I don't get alerts every registry change, I don't run antivirus software, I don't run a software firewall.

You must be lucky with your hardware support, but I don't see where anything yuyouaid there is an argument against Windows. Properly configured windows won't have any problems that you insinuated are there. What makes you think an idiot using Linux would turn out any better? They'd end up breaking stuff badly with config files and such, at least Windows is somewhat tolerant to idiots.

Quote:

Also, I believe it is important to note that there truly is no reason for anyone to switch to Linux. As long as they have any sort of argument, that is reason enough. Linux users seem to have this misconception that having people convert from worshiping colored boxes to worshiping penguins will lead the across the river to the promised land and eternal bliss, saving them from eternal damnation; however, this is not the case. In truth, they do no more than lead them from a field of sparse grass shoots and the occasional pothole across a polluted river carrying corpses in a swift current to, at best, a slightly different, but not better, field, and at worst, a garbage dump and the same eternal damnation from which they sought to alleviate the user from in the first place, giving them no choice but to once again cross the perilous river. Religious allegories aside, I have never even seen a Linux user present one truthful argument based solely on fact as to the superiority of Linux which cannot be countered with either an equally, if not more, valid argument, and this is putting aside the trouble must first go to before the switch is even complete. Furthermore, whenever one posses an argument against Linux's support of hardware, Linux users always seem to respond something along the lines of "That isn't Linux's fault" or "Yes, but it is amazing that Linux supports the amount of hardware that it does, considering almost no companies produce native drivers for it". Well, it might not be Linux's fault that it has poor hardware support but it most certainly is its problem, and considering that hardware support on Linux will not be taken care of by companies until Linux has a considerable (read: outside of the "other" piece on a pie graph) portion of the market share, which in turn wont happen until Linux has fantastic hardware support, this argument amounts to little more than a whine from people to lazy to crack their knuckles and start writting hardware drivers. I find the second quote I presented to foolish an argument to justify with any more words than this sentence contains, for it is equivalent to telling your boss after turning in a half finished project that he should congratulate you for accomplishing anything at all.

Well put! :)

Quote:

I would type more on the subject, but I feel this contribution, though incomplete, is already long enough to be immediately skipped over by any person to whom it applies. Furthermore, I smell food cooking and am quite sure the meal is complete.

I'd read more, but as you said, it doesn't apply to me. Enjoy your meal. ;D

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

I would type more on the subject, but I feel this contribution, though incomplete, is already long enough to be immediately skipped over by any person to whom it applies

If BAF hadn't quoted it, I'd never have read it. Maybe if you used paragraphs :).

[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

I agree with everyone here that says Linux can be a pain to set up, but [opinion] if you take the time to set it up correctly I find it's better than Window's in every way [/opinion]. That said, compared to ten years ago when I first started using Linux, it has come a long way in the ease of use department and only gets better. Personally I don't mind learning a few things if they'll save me time and give me more flexibility in the long run.

Regarding video performance, I get the same results in both.

I'm not trying to convert anyone to Linux though. If you're happy with Windows I don't mind. :) As long as you don't try to take my rights away like Microsoft is doing with all the DRM in Vista that is.

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Quote:

I thought liLinuxas too secure for that? That's what everybody says in the list of pros for liLinuxThanks for backing up another one of my ideas. Ironically, a lot of people on Linux (I can recall a thread where binaries/source were discussed) say security through obscurity is bad, although, that's all Linux's security really is!

Linux is not so secure as to make a virus ininfeasiblebut that does not mean its only security is through obscurity, rather, it means that Linux, like every other operating system that has ever existed, has holes, perhaps not as many, but they most certainly are present. It is simply because of the lack of a considerable user base which prevents it from being a target to malicious programmers.

Quote:

You must be lucky with your hahardwareupport, but I don't see where anything yuyouaid there is an argument against Windows. Properly configured windows won't have any problems that you ininsinuatedre there. What makes you think an idiot using Linux would turn out any better? They'd end up breaking stuff badly with config files and such, at least Windows is somewhat tolerant to idiots.

Why do you assume I am arguing against Windows simply because I state that my hardware is fully supported in Linux and I don't care if it runs a small amount slower than Windows?

Quote:

If BAF hadn't quoted it, I'd never have read it. Maybe if you used paragraphs.

In my opinion, I use paragraphs. Insidiously long, convoluted, multi-point paragraphs, but paragraphs none the less. In any event, any post which I make consisting of more than five sentences is most likely more for my own piece of mind than to attempt to convey any sort of message. I don't expect anything of any length greater than that to be read, but post it anyway so that when whatever I am posting against becomes an evil Nazi dictator, I can say, "Well, I told you so but you didn't listen, therefore, for the next few moments before our exile, you shall exalt me as your supreme ruler."

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

[ot] liLinuxas? hahardwareupport? Spellchecker bug again? :o I'll have to edit and fix that. [/ot]

About assumptions, I was just assuming at first you were against windows, then as I read more I realized you weren't attacking, and never edited what I had read (I typed my response as I read your post).

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

liLinuxas? hahardwareupport? Spellchecker bug again? I'll have to edit and fix that.

I just thought you had tourettes syndrome. Anyway, I've seen the spellchecker bug pop up on several different posts lately, but I never had the problem when using IE. Go IE! What? I thought this was the forum to post our pointless campaigns?

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

That's the first time I've had it happen to me.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

your reasons for not switching to Linux

I've switched but I dual boot...

• I can't play many games on Linux[/*]

• My scanner wont work in Linux[/*]

• Visual Studio is Windows only[/*]

• A few programs that are in my university's cirriculum requires Windows (SQL Server, VS.NET, occassionally a misc program)[/*]

• I still need to test things on windows (finished games for example)[/*]

• Some programs that are available on Linux just aren't comparable to the official Windows ones (eg, Kopete vs MSN and AOL)[/*]

• ReactOS runs too slowly within Linux and it's too incomplete (plus it'd be bad for playing games... 2 OSes in 1 plus a graphic-intensive program within the 2nd layer)[/*]
  • ImLeftFooted
    Member #3,935
    October 2003

XP is a much better OS then linux for day to day use. Primarily due to driver support and friendly UI.

I use windows because I don't have to think about how to use it, I can just use it.

I use linux for hosting servers because windows is extremely expensive for that sort of thing and still doesn't support all of the stuff I need.

James Stanley
    Member #7,275
    May 2006

OK.

Now I'm only going to reply to people I can try to help.

Derezo: For Photoshop you could try the Gimp, but you'll probably not like it if every other Photoshop user is anything to go by. I'd give arguments for a few of the others but I'd only get flamed :(. I do agree that Linux is more server oriented. And nothing is wrong with Windows if you don't mind vendor lock in and paying for most of the software you use, and all the viruses, spyware and malware. As I mentioned somewhere else, finding alternatives isn't that hard, but if you use very specialised software I can see where you'd get stuck.

Trumgottist: I didn't realise you used a Mac, but as they mainly use PPC, a compatibility layer wouldn't be a lot of help anyway. There are some emulators about, though. I didn't realise there wasn't a Mac version of OOo. I could suggest denemo for music authoring, but it's not too great.

Kent Larsson: I read somewhere that user friendly means friendly to an experienced user, not to a new user. I agree that I've taken water over my head. I didn't think many people would need help.

Michael Faerber, Jakub Wasilewski: When I said Go you I wasn't being sarcastic. I was trying to reply to every post. But now, because there are so many, I've given up on that :).

BAF: I can't use ndiswrapper as the Windows drivers don't work. I will need to connect it to the internet (with Ethernet) to get the rt2500 driver from portage. I might just get a source tarball from somewhere else and leave everything where it is. I didn't know KDE had been ported to Windows.

Archon: I do agree that scanner support isn't good. I've never had to use one, but I've also never seen the opportunity to use one.

Thomas Fjellstrom
    Member #476
    June 2000

Quote:

XP is a much better OS then linux for day to day use. Primarily due to driver support and friendly UI.

Pure oppinion. I've been using Linux as my primary desktop machine for over 5 years. I used windows for an entire year, on what was my first "real" PC, before I gave it up entirely.

If a major computer n00b can manage to install and switch to linux a year after he got his first real computer, over 5 years ago, when linux and KDE/Gnome was far less polished, it's ready enough. And would be totally ready if not for hardware manufacturers reluctant to support linux in any way, even if its just releasing specs to people or teams that have signed NDA agreements.

--
    Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
    "If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
    "The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Evert
    Member #794
    November 2000

May I say that I find it a bit presumptuous to ask people why they don't switch from $operatingsystem to $otheroperatingsystem?

As to my reasons not to use Windows, it doesn't run many of the programs I use, the shell is crap, the windowmanager is ugly, becomes unresponsive at random and the system in general is just confusing and non-user friendly.
    Sure, I could install Cygwin and solve at least part of the first two problems, install a different window manager and get rid of the third (and maybe fourth) problem. As far as being user friendly is concerned, I'd probably have a different opinion on that if I'd used Windows regularly over the past six years or so, but I only use it once a month or so and use a UNIX system the rest of the time.

Morale of story: could I use Windows instead of *nix for my day-to-day computer use? Maybe, but I'd find it extremely tedious. I'd get really annoyed if people asked me to justify why I don't start using it.

Trumgottist
    Member #95
    April 2000

James Stanley said:

I didn't realise there wasn't a Mac version of OOo.

There is one, but it runs through X11 rather than using the native GUI, so it is clunky. But I've found a fork called NeoOffice now, that is a proper OSX program. It seems to work ok.

--
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

jhuuskon
    Member #302
    April 2000

Appalling, depressingly crap audio API's (dare to say JACK and i reply with
    "...off") and software.

Lack of real games.

You don't deserve my sig.

miran
    Member #2,407
    June 2002

When one company and product dominate a certain market, such as is the case with Microsoft and Windows, it makes for a socially and economically very dangerous situation. Just think of the possibilities for control and government opression, or what would happen if for example Microsoft suddenly died. Not to mention how embarassing this is for the advocates of capitalism and democracy. Again, think of the potential for government control, lack of competition between software companies and lack of choice for the end consumers.

Therefore it is a good thing when individuals, companies and government and independant organizations use or at least contemplate using alternative software such as Linux and other Open Source Software. This hasve several benefits. It increases our indpendance from a single software provider. For example if the provider of your Linux distribution goes down or doesn't satisfy your needs anymore, the migration to a different distribution is relatively easy. It increases our security and privacy because governments and one government in particular have a much harder time influencing many software companies than just one. And it increases quality of software products because of increased competition between different companies and increased cooperation of independant developers.

So, everyone who speaks for Windows, directly or indirectly supports a political system in which governments have the means to control all aspects of your life, and an economical system in which when you walk into a store, the shelves are filled with one and only one product. Your choice...

--
    sig used to be here

Jakub Wasilewski
    Member #3,653
    June 2003

Quote:

So, everyone who speaks for Windows, directly or indirectly supports a political system in which governments have the means to control all aspects of your life, and an economical system in which when you walk into a store, the shelves are filled with one and only one product.

Woah, miran. When did you became a zealot? You were a fresh convert not so long ago :P.

I use Open Source Software where I deem it a better solution. I don't even have MS Office installed, I just use OpenOffice instead. All the tools in my development chain are OSS, except maybe for Corel which is used for graphics. I generally look for free (as in speech) alternatives to applications before choosing a commercial one.

However, my love of OSS doesn't really translate to automatically switching to Linux. And the fact that I like OSS doesn't mean that I can't think that Windows is better, for me.

Linux people, please, learn from Evert. Windows people too.

kentl
    Member #2,905
    November 2002

Quote:

Kent Larsson: I read somewhere that user friendly means friendly to an experienced user, not to a new user.

I say that something is user friendly if it is easy to use for both a newbie and an experienced user. This isn't really anything to debate. Lot's and lots of experienced Linux users (not me or you) agree that it yet isn't as user friendly as it needs to be.

Quote:

I agree that I've taken water over my head. I didn't think many people would need help.

The thing is that people can't be helped in a lot of situations. The issues in my first post for example, unresolved.

As I use a dual-boot system there's got to be something I like about Linux? And there is.

But it still has its "unsolvable" issues like crappy support from hardware manufacturers and most major application developers. It also has a lot of solvable issues which probably will be solved/improved in the future.

James Stanley
    Member #7,275
    May 2006

Hear, hear to miran ;).

Kent: I wrote a script for you, so that should at least show that I'm TRYING to help. I also gave CursedTyrant some help, but I don't think that helped either.

kentl
    Member #2,905
    November 2002

Quote:

I wrote a script for you, so that should at least show that I'm TRYING to help

Yes and I thanked you for it. I think you missed my point? I said that people can't be helped with a lot of issues as there are no solutions. Did I make myself clear now? :)

James Stanley
    Member #7,275
    May 2006

I know, I got your point before. I was just showing that I was trying to help. I don't know really... I know on forums people often read with a different tone than it was written, because you can't show facial expression (except through smileys). I wasn't being mean when I said that.

kentl
    Member #2,905
    November 2002

Quote:

I wasn't being mean when I said that.

I thought that you took offense to something I wrote, but I'm glad you didn't.

HoHo
    Member #4,534
    April 2004

I agree with Evert. I was a Windows user from '97 to '04 and I used 95, 98 and XP during that time. My first real experience with Linux was in '03 when I had too much time (two weeks) and decided to install Gentoo on my brand new machine. In half a year I was spending most of my time in Linux and in a year XP disappeared from my HDD.

Reasons why I switched:

</li>

• awful shell[*]some programs doesn't work that well (PAPI)[*]very little control over the system[*]LVM-like things are rather bad or insanely expensive[*]lots of stuff were plain illogical[*]no dcop/dbus[/list]I could probably continue the list for quite a while but since I haven't used windows for almost two years I don't remember much of the stuff.
    • Of course once KDE4 gets ported to Windows quite a few of those problems will be solved to some extent. Also some of the things can be repaired with 3'rd party tools.

Only thing I might miss are games. Fortunately there hasn't been any good games released that I would like to play that do not have native Linux versions or don't work through Wine/Cedega :P

I've installed Gentoo for my parents too and they are rather happy about it. I can administer their PC over the internet anywhere I like without much problems. I don't even have to ask them to stop their work when I log in remotely.

From my experience with other people I would say that mostly people don't want to use one or the other because they are either afraid of changes or are too lazy to learn new things.

miran
      Member #2,407
      June 2002

Quote:

From my experience with other people I would say that mostly people don't want to use one or the other because they are either afraid of changes or are too lazy to learn new things.

Actually most people don't even know what an operating system is and don't care to know. When people see my computer, they usually say just that my "Windows" looks a bit different than theirs.

--
      sig used to be here

Go to: