Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » The World Cup 2006

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
The World Cup 2006
Lucid Nightmare
Member #5,982
July 2005

Hardly anytime left for the final match to start...

And ya, just for information sake, Federeder won from Nadal in the Men's Singles Tennis Final...

Click Here For My Website

Two Golden Rules of life- Firstly, I'm always right and secondly, if you think otherwise, slap your face and read rule number one again!

ReyBrujo
January 2001

France 1 - Italy 0. Zidane, penalty. Even when he kicks bad, he scores.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Hey can anyone tell me what was going on in the 6th minute? It was looking like nice simulation. How interesting...

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Lucid Nightmare
Member #5,982
July 2005

Zidane does it again!!!

Two Golden Rules of life- Firstly, I'm always right and secondly, if you think otherwise, slap your face and read rule number one again!

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Apparently the italian defender touched the heel of the french player, throwing him out of balance. The italian did not quarrel a lot, but that could be because they have watched videos of the referee and know he doesn't like being discussed when he is sure about something.

Materazzi scores for Italy after a corner kick. Now 1 - 1.

(Edited: fixed typo)

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

Lucid Nightmare
Member #5,982
July 2005

equalized (1-1)...
Still only 20 minutes of gameplay...

Vasco Freitas
Member #6,904
February 2006

Go Italy! Revenge! ;D

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Ok saw it in a real slow motion and even those people in studio say that there could but even couldn't be contact. They even said that the fall looked like simulated.

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Down here they showed a slow motion with a magnified caption of the italian player's foot, and you can see how the foot hits the french's one. Apparently, it was a fault.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

The same was shown here, I think that it looked like a fault but noone is 100% sure.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

The match is being shown in 4 air channels down here. 3 stated it was fault, one was not sure. For a penalty for Italy that was not marked, two stated it was fault, and two think it wasn't.

Extra time again it seems, unless they can score soon.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

This is such a boring game, not that I was expecting much. It looks more like a belly flopping and look back at the referee contest to me.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Now it doesn't matter, but if that penalty would decide the match it would be bad.

Lucid Nightmare
Member #5,982
July 2005

Hmmm... the foul did seem simulated but how does it matter now... I hope the match doesn't go into penalty shoot outs, even if anyone scores in the extra time given, it would be alrit...

I somehow never like the penalty shoots...

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

I think this match is exciting so far, because it's fast, France is attacking all the time and we get to see lots of varied and good combinations. They only need a little bit of luck now to turn one of their many chances into a goal.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

The only final that had to be defined in extra time (and then penalties) was in 1994, Brazil vs. Italy in USA, where they drew 0-0 and then Brazil won. Until 1990, all finals had had at least 3 goals (1990 ended 1-0, Germany winning against Argentina). 1994 was the first final match to end without goals, to go to extra time and to go to penalties. 1998 ended 3-0, 2002, 2-0, and now this one 1-1. At least there had been goals. With some luck, we will have a some more now to prevent penalties.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

Lucid Nightmare
Member #5,982
July 2005

I just hope they do... I'm with France...

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Oh, nice heading, Zidane! The one against Materazzi, I mean ;D

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Hell I just came with a drink and I see Zidane getting red card. Woohoo, interesting.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

He was probably just getting bored.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Must have been an insult or something. The best world player cannot do that. It is a pity, but I guess this was something the italian players have been doing since the match began, eroding Zidane until he could not stand that.

Reminds me of something Riquelme did while trying to dribble a player in Boca Juniors. This player was virtually fingering Riquelme's ass until Riquelme stopped and punched him. Not the same reason, but ended with the same result.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

The victim was holding him, they got through it verbaly but then Zidane turned and punched him with his head to the chest. He deserved red card. I think it's very nice ending of his career. Who will kick the penalties?

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Penalties then. And Italy have an even worse records than England! :-X

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I wonder who said few days ago that this is going to be tactical, defensive game - he was right. I'm looking forward to tommorow newspaper, they will turn Zidane upside down ;D

Go to: