1   2   3 
What Allegro meas in English
Shawn Hargreaves
The Progenitor
April 2000

Quote:

Shawn has been CONVERTED ! Be Warned ! He IS one of them ! ;-p

It's true, I confess.

Maybe I should have learned a lesson from the last guy who thought he could take power from the dark side of the force, then use it to do good?

But remember, there is no spoon...

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

I don't understand where you're coming from :-/

Well I think we have different definitions on what a CV is, I didn't know it wasn't a world wide definition (check Arvidsson's answer). So I guess that's it.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Shawn said:

But remember, there is no spoon...

You're an evil fellow who has followed the white bunny, Shawn ;-)

Quote:

take power from the dark side of the force, then use it to do good

That is the theory :p now in practice ... It seems to be OK ( Or you're now a spy who takes information about us :p )

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

CosmicR
Member #6,889
February 2006

well here's a simulation of monkeys typing shakespeare:
http://user.tninet.se/~ecf599g/aardasnails/java/Monkey/webpages/index.html

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I'd like to be hired by microsoft....

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Shawn Hargreaves
The Progenitor
April 2000

Quote:

I'd like to be hired by microsoft....

Have you ever tried applying there?

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Shawn's link said:

Microsoft® XNA™ is designed to help game studios and publishers develop better games, more effectively, on all platforms.

That's nice, so I'll be able to use it for my PS3 and OS X development?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Have you ever tried applying there?

Nope. It'll be a while before I can hold down a real job.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Quote:

That's nice, so I'll be able to use it for my PS3 and OS X development?

You forgot Linux. It has about the same marketshare as OS X :P

Shawn Hargreaves
The Progenitor
April 2000

XNA Build and XNA Studio can target games on any platform, although the tools themselves only run on Windows. They are all about coordinating the flow of data through an asset pipeline, and are totally agnostic as to what the contents of this data might be.

The XNA Framework, on the other hand, sits on top of a customized version of the .NET CLR, so that is only going to run on platforms where Microsoft already has some kind of CLR implementation for us to build on.

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

You forgot Linux. It has about the same marketshare as OS X

Yes, but for reasons of both history and binary compatibility OS X has more games. Especially amongst those that can afford to pay Microsoft prices!

How far advanced is XNA? Are we realistically expecting it not to fall into the Vista/Office quagmire?

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

Well I think we have different definitions on what a CV is, I didn't know it wasn't a world wide definition (check Arvidsson's answer). So I guess that's it.

Arvidsson said:

In contrast, a résumé is a summary typically limited to one or two pages highlighting only those experiences and credentials which the author considers most relevant to the desired position.

You seem to be confusing Resume's with CV's. :-/ I never said anything about CV's in this thread.

Soo... anyway...

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

You seem to be confusing Resume's with CV's. :-/ I never said anything about CV's in this thread.

I meant that the definition of a CV seems to be different in the US and in Europe. So I'm not confusing anything more than you. The confusing thing was the difference in definition between our parts of the world, which neither of us seemed to know of. Anyway it's not very interesting so we can put an EOD on it. :) (I rather read about this XNA thing.)

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

coughiwasn'tconfusediwasnttalkingaboutacviwastalkingaboutaresumecough ;)

The XNA thing sounds neat :P

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

1   2   3 

Go to: