Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » The ultimate question...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
The ultimate question...
ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

kazzmir said:

Id say people who choose option B) are just wimps who cant handle option A) but thats just me.

X-G said:

This is a weird question. It's like asking "Would you rather be rich and famous or have your legs cut off?"

Psh, you guys are just bitter. People are horny, thats why they like each other. A dating / going out / wathever the hell people call that 'offical' thing can be a very fullfilling experiance when you care about each other.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Being horny does not always mean you care about the other person beyond that of your own personal gain. It's not very romantic at all. Quite sickening, actually, .. ;)

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

I love you because I'm horny. Oh yeah baby!

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

Quote:

I love you because I'm horny. Oh yeah baby!

So you choose professional help as well? ::)

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Quote:

Id say people who choose option B) are just wimps who cant handle option A) but thats just me.

The same thing can be said of people who choose to run away from relationships. They are just wimps who can't handle having to care for someone other than themselves. Too much of a responsability maybe...

DTK: If I remember correctly, you were my first girlfriend. I needed a real man after the whole DianaTheKat incident. :-/

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

Quote:

DTK: If I remember correctly, you were my first girlfriend. I needed a real man after the whole DianaTheKat incident. :-/

Let's... Not talk about me.

---

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Quote:

So you choose professional help as well? ::)

I dunno, I was just supporting Kanzure's last post...

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

DTK said:

Quote:

Let's... Not talk about me.

DTK and Diana went out?

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

This is a pretty lame 'The ultimate question...' thread... I thought it was going to be 'If you had too, would you eat people to live?' Now that's an ultimate question....

Otherwise, I've pretty much sworn off women and I really don't do much game coding nowadays so I'll say c) none of the above.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Hey don't diss the thread that was started because of my complaints of boredom >:(

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Well since some people here don't seem to want B or A they must be stuck in some kind of existential hell! :o

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

Or they're already there.

I'm sure we can start naming people who have achieved A.

---

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

I want C) a good boyfriend and a great hobbyist programmer.

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

That's D). C) is "Need of Professional Help."

---

Eradicor
Member #2,992
December 2002

Well, i would have answered that a & b. But since i dont do games anymore i must say b & c. Girlfriend and become the greatest independent movie maker in Finland. :P Pretty ambitious plan, but why not?

| Visit The site |
{Creating realms from dreams since 1995}

Torbjörn Josefsson
Member #1,048
September 2000

SCC: :D - Very siggable!

Both options are very desirable - if I had a nice GF that would probably make me happier, but it would also make me even lazier, and less interested in creative stuff

--
Specialization is for insects

Kirr
Member #5,060
September 2004

Quote:

Companionship leads to marriage. Marriage leads to sex. Sex leads to kids. Kids leads to trouble...

No, man's view is opposite: Sex leads to companionship and kids, those lead to marriage, and there you know you are in trouble.

--
"Go to the NW of Stonemarket Plaza to the Blue Glyph Keeper Library door and enter."
- Lunabean's Thief Deadly Shadows Walkthrough, day eight

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

My brain has been overloaded by that question. I'm too lazy to do programming but I love it, I also would like to choose second option - so e) both of them
And I thought that the Ultimate question would be: "What is the sense of the life?"

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

The ansver to the Ultimate Question is 42(101010) of cource. But since you didn't really ask the Ultimate Question yours can have other ansvers.

I would probably choose the first one. I have very little time right now because of a job and uni and I really can't spare time on another person when she wants to. I can choose to program or not to program any time and there won't be anyone angry because of this.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I would choose A.

Having a girlfriend is cool and all.. but it's mostly about companionship and sex. Both of those needs can be fullfilled without a designated girlfriend.

Being a major influence and public icon in a specific field, on the other hand, is something that not everyone can do. You can place your mark on the world and make a few bucks in the process. It would give far more benefits than having a girlfriend such as increased social activity, financial benefits, increased confidence, etc.

...Though a lot of this is subjective. In reality, it depends on the girlfriend. If you're dating a financially sound girl who is a hobbyist game developer you're already in. ;D

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

First priority is A.
Girlfriends don't last.

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

What if one was forced by a girl to be in a relationship by force, painfully and masochistically?

---

Eradicor
Member #2,992
December 2002

Then you have intresting relationship ahead of you. ;)

| Visit The site |
{Creating realms from dreams since 1995}

Mordredd
Member #5,291
December 2004

X-G said:

A, without a question. Hell, I consider girlfriends nothing short of a waste of time and a horrible thing to begin with. You couldn't get me to choose B if you paid me to do it.

This is a weird question. It's like asking "Would you rather be rich and famous or have your legs cut off?"

I don't know whether to laugh or to feel sorry for you. No offense, but I always thought humans are social beings? I can't really put it in words that don't offend you, but there is something the disturbs me...

( I have A and B, so... )

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Pretty simple. As long as you think the question is not a rhethorical one, go for A. Otherwise just go. What I'm trying to say is: When you fall in love, and it's "right", then the question will be irrelevant. If you don't fall in love, why bother anyway?

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

Go to: