Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » The ultimate question...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
The ultimate question...
DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

Indeed. The plan for domination begins.

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

Soga
Member #4,589
May 2004

Creating a cyborg girlfriend with exact human anatomy... hmm, that's actually a great idea. ;D

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

So you plan to take over Allegro.cc using cyborg girlfriends with exact human anatomy powered by geek loneliness?

-R

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Hell, I wouldn't mind, its "free a$$" ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Not free, gotta pay for electricity and synthetic lube, upkeep, etc.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

For more information, see Chobits. (Reference A)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Well, free once any how. But really, why would you make a bot that needed that much maintenance? Just get yourself a "Millennium Man" (tm) based Cyborg.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Um... I'd prefer a millenium woman ::):).

-R

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It'd have been harder to get the refference that way and I said "based". :P

--

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

I feel sorry for your girlfriend.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

No you don't.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

You could all learn alot by watching the Stepford Wives. I haven't seen it but if this thread was posted before it was being produced, I would've thought it was directed by someone from Allegro.cc.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

SSC said:

Bah

Ooh nice, did SMC make you edit out the crap you posted?

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

I'll take both A and B, thank you very much ;D

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

I'll take both A and B, thank you very much ;D

That's not an option! >:(>:(>:(

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Quote:

That's not an option!

Why not? What if I already have both A and B? 8-)

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Quote:

That's not an option!

Oh yes it is, it's quite possible, I used to have both, now I have only A but I am happy about it. The first step is believing you can do it, as usual.

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Why not? What if I already have both A and B? 8-)

Because sooner or later, they're going to battle it out. Your girl/boy is going to take you away from your computer permanently, or your code is going to consume you whole.

This is based not on fact or theory, but complete stupidity.

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

Archon has a pretty good theory going there, actually.

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

There're some good comments in this thread. I completely see were X-G is coming from. If someone has NEVER had a rewarding relationship with a female (and I include the mother-son relationship here); if most if not all relationships have led to emotional anguish with zero reward (emotional reward, sexual reward, whatever) then the alternative (no g/f) is definitly preferable.

This is pretty much were I'm at today. When I decided to stop dating it was like a load off my back. Being alone and shaking off the occassional feeling of loneliness is easy.

Quote:

I understand what X-G says. How can he miss what he has never had? How can anyone convince him that to have a girlfriend is better than self-loving, if he can't see any advantage? We all would feel the same if we had never had a 'significant other'.

However, if you think just like that, there's the little disadvantage of not being able to breed, while others, maybe even less brilliant, will. That's real-life natural selection, it works against the socially disabled :-/.

That last sentence is pretty profound; intelligence doesn't matter, physical prowess doesn't matter, the characteristic that matters for a social animal to breed succesfully is social intelligence. Something for the elitest pricks around here to think about.... ;)

Maybe X-G isn't heterosexual or homosexual, but he is asexual. He just doesn't care?

Ashteth
Member #3,310
March 2003

Quote:

Why not? What if I already have both A and B?

I grant you the uber geek part of A, but where's your super awesome SNES quality game? As a slave to NVidia, do you even have time to code personal projects anymore?

Hmm... B seems a little sketchy too as half of us don't believe in Dot:)

Quote:

Maybe X-G isn't heterosexual or homosexual, but he is asexual. He just doesn't care?

Does he reproduce through fission?

madpenguin
Member #2,201
April 2002

DanTheKat said:

What if one was forced by a girl to be in a relationship by force, painfully and masochistically?

Do I get to pick who this is? I had this dream about...

...perhaps I've said too much.

---------------------------------------------
Cynicism field generator is enabled and operating at 97% of capacity

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Dot Matrix
Member #5,124
October 2004

Quote:

Hmm... B seems a little sketchy too as half of us don't believe in Dot:)

:'(

That you don't believe in me doesn't mean I don't exist. So there. :P

--
- Dot

Go to: