Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » DESOS...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
DESOS...
Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

A quick peek into my crystal ball reveals the contents of your next post - "Kyle didn't allow me to post any info but we will be supporting space rockets too".

Quote:

some sense

Considering that you have started this project, 'sense' surely is something that is not in abundance.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Harbinger. Read your last post. Take special note of the words, "we can tell the name of the OS but nothing else".

Now read all your other posts.

Uh oh.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Carrus85
Member #2,633
August 2002

I'm dumb!... Best OS college students can make? BSD anyone?

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

You people are so supportive. ::)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

phate
Member #2,235
April 2002

OS design/creation can be hard.

Inphernic: hes is keeping his trap shut because he wants to. I'm keeping my trap shut on my OS Project because I have to (You want to talk about NDAs let me tell ya... oh, wait, I can't :P). Also he isn't getting paid to do this so at all so cut him some slack will ya?

-----
For my next trick... ah fark it.
[Website][Twitter]

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

phate: Slamming people is part of Inphy's personality. maybe its even a hobby. But thats probably stretching it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I support Inphernic. All evidence indicates that Harbinger is trying to get a reputation of being much more skilled than he really is. In other words, he is trying to steal the recognition that some of us have worked hard to obtain. This is antisocial behaviour.

Don't you agree, Tomasu? :P

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I don't see any edvidence one way or the other in Harbingers case. So I see the glass as half full ;)

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Contradictions, such as

Quote:

I know it is a huge task but out of pure boredom I've started working on my own operating system.

vs

Quote:

Ok I've had fun with making sound like it is just me doing all this but I'm not alone making these things. I've kept is secret but I'm going to IU for the computer science course (which from what I hear is one of the best colleges for getting a degree in programming).

and

Quote:

I've not worked out all the features but I may use it in the very, very distant future as my gaming OS.

vs

Quote:

The thing I hate is that Kyle and the others think it will be possible to continue this after our course is done and want to then try to make DESOS support Windows programs, Linux programs, and Mac Programs. If I can't talk some sense into them...

not to mention

Quote:

He has decided that we can tell the name of the OS but nothing else otherwise we get kicked off the team and that would make m fail for the semester.

vs

Quote:

... I may drop from the team and answer all your questions just to p*ss them off.

severely erode credibility IMO. Quite frankly, I don't believe the things Harbinger said here about his own OS - it feels too much as a bundle of inconsistent lies and half-truths to me. I can't understand what he'd stand to gain by it, but frankly I don't particulalrly care either.
If he wants to make his own Operating System that can run Windows programs, it doesn't bother me, wether it is imaginary or not.

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Mr. OS Project said:

hes is keeping his trap shut because he wants to

If he would want to do that, why does this thread exist?

Mr. OS Project said:

I'm keeping my trap shut on my OS Project because I have to

Guess what? I don't believe you have a serious "OS Project" or are under an NDA! :-*

Scourge of the Seven Mounties said:

Slamming people

"Slamming people" is not a personality trait, it is more of a response to another personality trait or specific event/action.

Scourge of the Seven Mounties said:

So I see the glass as half full

You and your illusions of optimism! Hark - soon the whole world will be overrun by the Horde and the glorious anthems of pessimism will fill your consciousness! Decadence is a virtue! Muahahaa~ Gwahahaa~ Gyahaha*cough* cough wheeze cough

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I already am fairly pessimistic. Just like I don't belive you are ever sory for going "too far".

--

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

That's not pessimism. That's realism. ;)

Seriously though, I am - my conscience just doesn't kick in within matter of seconds. Repeated 'violations' of course might have led you to believe otherwise. The only 'sorry' that really works is the one which you deliver straight to the person, face to face - which would also be the only 'proof' available of one's true intentions.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Not even that works. I've had people that terrorized me appologize before. Not only didn't it help, I didn't belive a word of it ;)

edit: Not saying you've terrorized me mind you, that was just an example.

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Maybe he's sitting at home laughing at all the people who argue back and forth about something silly he made up? ::)

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Or maybe, he's not laughing, and he's crying on the Throne, at such a waste his life has become..

Maybe demons have overtaken his sole! RUN!

::) What a piece of crap, who cares?

Goodbytes
Member #448
June 2000

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but I just wanted to announce that four months ago, I inherited a solid gold house from my rich uncle who owned 20% of Microsoft. You haven't heard of him because as part of the agreement he and Bill Gates made when he bought 20% (or one fifth) of the company was that he should be listed as over 2,000 separate investors. Also he game me $2 billion with the house with which I have built a giant robot (called RAG - Robotic Automated Genie) that will do anything I ask it to (like make me orange juice, break stuff, set fire to stuff and more :)). However the robot became too powerful so I battled it in a kung-fu fight which lasted over three days but it is now a pile of scrap metal :). Also I wanted to announce that I have designed a new kind of "quantum" processor which uses light to calculate things like Multiplication, Square Root, and Addition. I've asked Intel for advice on how to start my own processor plant and they say it isn't that hard and would like to begin doing business with me... so wish me luck!

--
~Goodbytes

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Screenshots? Of this 'house' or your robots? ..thought so.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Matthew: since it's now May do you think we should let them in on the secret I pm'ed you about? After all I kept it going for a lot longer than I thought I could have kept it going.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

hmm whats going on? /me smells fish

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Quote:

/me smells fish

Really? I smell hot dogs :-/

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Maybe demons have overtaken his sole! RUN!

I wouldn't sweat it. How much can new shoes cost, anyway?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Red Dwarf said:

Lister: Sometimes, I think it's cruel giving machines a personality. My mate Petersen once bought a pair of shoes with Artificial Intelligence. 'Smart Shoes' they were called. It was a neat idea. No matter how blind drunk you were, they could always get you home. But he got ratted one night in Oslo and woke up the next morning in Burma. You see, his shoes got bored going from his local to his flat. They wanted to see the world, you know? He had a hell of a job getting rid of them - no matter who he sold them to, they'd show up again the next day! He tried to shut them out, but they just kicked the door down.
Rimmer: Is this true?
L: Yeah. The last thing I heard, they sort of... robbed a car and drove it into a canal... they couldn't steer, you see?
R: Really?
L: Yeah. Petersen was really, really blown away about it. He went to see a priest. The priest told him... he said it was alright and all that, when shoes are happy that they'd get into heaven. You see, it turns out shoes have soles...

Man this thread has degenerated :)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

i know, that is why i was smelling fish :P

/me wants to be let in on Harbringer's and ML's sekret ;D

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Quote:

Matthew: since it's now May do you think we should let them in on the secret I pm'ed you about?

You are someone in disguise? No matter who you are, you've sure gone through some trouble setting up those lame webpages and acting totally clueless overall. Not to mention being a CEO! :P

Quote:

Man this thread has degenerated

Bah! It's just starting to warm up! :)

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Quote:

You are someone in disguise? No matter who you are, you've sure gone through some trouble setting up those lame webpages and acting totally clueless overall. Not to mention being a CEO!

No. As for the CEO part, if everything goes as planned and I can finish paying my lawyer for his duties I will have all the proper paperwork filed to where DE Studios will officially be my game company by the end of the month (keeping fingers crossed on that one).

As for the May remark this thread was started late to make people hopefully not realize that it was a April Fool joke. Rock, Kyle, and Greg are actually just friends who I work with at Wal-mart and Greg can't speak or hear. I'm not really in IU yet due to money grant irritations. DESOS is my OS project but in the research stage only. The research is just to see what all goes into making an OS and to get a feeling on how to implement all of it. If I ever tried to make a OS I would never do it from scratch and the full OS name would be DESOS Linux.

As for the Block Drop, Solipet, Dragomon, and the RPG (which isn't really Transformers which Kyle really is obsessed with) are all projects I have design docs for. Block Drop is what I'm trying to make right now and then when I get that done I'm trying to quickly get Solipet done for my wife as a surprise anniversary gift (May 24 we will be married a year) and my wife loves solitaire and animals so I'm wanting to combine the two. I just have to figure out how to make a screenshot function using WinAPI so I don't have to do 'Print Screen' key, open image editor, paste, save, repeat...I would rather simply do if(key), automatically save image and increase the save number everytime I press the key (ie scrsht001.bmp, scrsht002.bmp, scrsht003.bmp, etc).

1   2   3 

Go to: