Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » What is your opinion?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
What is your opinion?
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Can we refrain from personal `attacks' (for lack of a better word) and `flamebait'? No one here really cares (or should) about any nonsense that goes on somewhere else.

But littering is illegal in USA and probably most every other country, for whatever that's worth.

Sp0oNSoFT2o0O
Member #983
February 2001

Ben thats real cute. Why don't I put up the stuff you say about stuff. HUH how about that. You know you can't do this stuff on the forums matthew will close this thread and erase this anyway so what do I care. ANYWAY what I meant by this is it is very intrusive for the state to do such a thing. In the US they would fight it to the end mobs of people would take down the cameras. Thats the way America works like a crucible (get your dictionarys) it reforms itself. SoKay...

--
screw it i cant find a good quote for that

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Spoon, I hate to bust your nuts, but where I live (in the US) they have cameras on the beach equiped with facial recognition software to catch known criminals. Rest assured, though, that it doesn't check based on skin color (what the media really cares about, and nobody else :P.)

-Sven

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

ANYWAY what I meant by this is it is very intrusive for the state to do such a thing.

But you're doing it in public anyway. So how is it intruding? Not their fault if you chose to stand in front of a video camera and break the law ::) Would you insist on the removal of survelliance equipment from malls and banks too?

Heh ... that reminds me of the time I set up a camcorder to catch my step-father drinking from the carton, then we played it back and before we got to him, we saw ME drinking from the carton ... five minutes after I set up the camcorder ... me and my stupid memory ....

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Sp0oNSoFT2o0O
Member #983
February 2001

Thats a privatley owned beach. I'm talking about streets taxes paid for and the government owns.

--
"you, genius"

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

I thought the government was public .. crap .. that totally blows my mind... ::)

Spoon, get an education, it'll do you good.

Chris: Heh.. you shouldn't criticize others if you do the same thing :P
-Sven

Sp0oNSoFT2o0O
Member #983
February 2001

I have an education my family doesn't move around. Public and government are the same. I never said they weren't. I said private land and public roads are different. You shouldn't be allowed to set up Cameras on public roads and streets. I'm sure there are plenty of disscusions somewhere on this topic. And I will ask one more time. Please lay off the personal attacks. Thank you.

1   2   3 

Go to: