Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Financial Help Needed

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Financial Help Needed
Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

It has been quite a long time since I last visited this site. How's everyone doing lately? I see the site is not as lively as it used to be back then. A bit heart-breaking but oh well, life goes on.

Anyway, to brief you guys about my story for turning to this site for help. One day I was browsing the scrap files on my PC. I happened to come across a game script which had been swept under the carpet for years. So I took a glance through the script and end up...OMG, this is written by me?! So there it sparks my curiosity on how the world will response to the game. Hence I start to gear up and...PC gave up on me coincidentally. I am left without any tool to even create a demo, sigh.

Since I am being left without any hardware, I decide that I will need around $2000 for 2 lappy for the development. Do any of you willing to donate to help make the game happen? I am aiming for a complete game, not some unfinished sketch-up. For those who do not have any idea of my past prototype can refer to my first game in my signature. So any allegrians willing to contribute help financially to let the game ripes and reaches the masses? ???

=================================================

My First Game

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

With that name and that avatar, you'll have more luck on the SDL forums :)

Or Unity? What's Allegro's current arch-nemesis?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

None..
Allegro is at the end of the foodchain ;-)

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

You say that, but did you click through to the original game thread? It seems legit :)

Which is why such a troll-like ask is such a surprise :o

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I decide that I will need around $2000 for 2 lappy for the development. Do any of you willing to donate to help make the game happen?

Well, I would suggest you start with a smaller goal -- perhaps more like $500 laptop -- and develop on that until you can save enough for a better model.

Oh, and get a job!! >:(

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Kiss my shell man....get the yolk outta here.....man

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Yip! a.cc has changed. Not even the Monday threads are anymore what they used to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Presell the game on Kickstarter and use the money to buy a laptop. That's how the cool kids beg for their toys.

Or you could sell your blood and semen. There is a big market for Allegro Suck branded fluids.

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

With that name and that avatar, you'll have more luck on the SDL forums :)

Or Unity? What's Allegro's current arch-nemesis?

I'm well aware of the existence of SDL, SFML, Unity and etcetera; and such existence have nothing to do with allegro. So you're having problem with "creative" name?

Ariesnl: said:

None..
Allegro is at the end of the foodchain ;-)

OMG, poverty rulez!

Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Allegro Suck, but Allegro is still alive and kicking and under active development.

Allegro's great by the way. 8-) You're the one who sucks. ;)

Matthew, you should ban this troll.

Hello mate. I bear the same registration year as you. So you're not happy with a long-time forummer?

You say that, but did you click through to the original game thread? It seems legit :)

Which is why such a troll-like ask is such a surprise :o

Well, I post in this forum seeking for help but never expected everyone to offend me like no tomorrow just because of...erh herm, well, let's just say everyone in this forum is bored to death and need to attack someone for a change.

Derezo: said:

Well, I would suggest you start with a smaller goal -- perhaps more like $500 laptop -- and develop on that until you can save enough for a better model.

Oh, and get a job!! >:(

Thanks for the advice. But sketching up many quick unfinished prototype is just simply not my style. What I want is a complete game. I know common people like to come up with something quick but rather loose the interest in working on it after a certain period of time. But I am different. I can endure this pretty well and keep working only on one project until completion even though it takes years to finish. I have my way to counter this boredom and urge of doing other new things during this period.

Dizzy Egg: said:

Kiss my shell man....get the yolk outta here.....man

Oops...it's Allegro Suck getting outta here not the yolk. Yolk getting out of here will mean the white egg with the headphone will be bye bye from here, boy.

Matthew Leverton: said:

Presell the game on Kickstarter and use the money to buy a laptop. That's how the cool kids beg for their toys.

Or you could sell your blood and semen. There is a big market for Allegro Suck branded fluids.

Presell the game on KS? How do I presell the game if I don't even have the tool to make the game in the first place? Even right now I'm using other people PC to browse and reply to this forum.

So that sums it up. I can get no help from this forum. It's time to move on I guess.

=================================================

My First Game

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Let's just say you should adjust your expectations for reality if you expected people here to give you thousands of dollars for the promise of the release of nondescript software within the next several years. Crowd funding is a better option, but then you likely have to convince people that you're going to deliver a specific product within a set amount of time.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

So you're having problem with "creative" name?

Merely pointing out some irony that amused me. I don't inherently have a problem with your avatar or name; they're funny. It reminds me a bit of what I did with DUMB's About page - I included a terrible review, because why not?

Quote:

Well, I post in this forum seeking for help but never expected everyone to offend me like no tomorrow just because of...erh herm, well, let's just say everyone in this forum is bored to death and need to attack someone for a change.

Not everyone here is angry. Maybe half the posts have a firm tone, but there won't be genuine anger (it's not as if you destroyed anyone's childhood possessions or something). At worst, I think people will have thought that asking for so much money was rude.

It sounds as if perhaps you didn't anticipate that at all. The best thing you can do is remove your own feelings from the picture and imagine if it were instead a complete stranger asking the question (even with a similar forum history).

Once you've managed to get hold of a computer, and if you're still interested in game development, no one will (or at least, enough people won't) hold a grudge - you're always welcome to ask for help with Allegro, or advertise your future games to us, just like everyone else :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

This is going to be the thread of the year. I can feel it.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Allegro Suck, but Allegro is still alive and kicking and under active development.

Allegro's great by the way. 8-) You're the one who sucks. ;)

Matthew, you should ban this troll.

Hello mate. I bear the same registration year as you. So you're not happy with a long-time forummer?

Just because you have a history of trolling this forum doesn't make you a productive contributing member to it. ;)

Allegro Suck said:

You're not looking for help and you know it. You're looking to cause trouble. That's what trolls do.

So you're having problem with "creative" name?

Merely pointing out some irony that amused me. I don't inherently have a problem with your avatar or name; they're funny.

You're feeding the troll. Stop it. His name and his avatar are offensive, and insulting. You don't ask people for help or inclusion in their community by insulting and offending them.

Not everyone here is angry.

That's because they don't have any self esteem. :/

{"name":"848.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/1\/413643c308fcea319bcd2db7e77b4a20.jpg","w":1000,"h":667,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/1\/413643c308fcea319bcd2db7e77b4a20"}848.jpg

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

How do I presell the game if I don't even have the tool to make the game in the first place?

That's how KS works. People give you money up-front. Whether you ever do what you promised with it is up to you - but you keep the money either way :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

You're feeding the troll. Stop it. His name and his avatar are offensive, and insulting. You don't ask people for help or inclusion in their community by insulting and offending them.

He has a thread from years ago where he legit seemed to be working on a game. It's linked from his first post but a bit easy to miss, so maybe you missed it? It certainly makes this not as cut and dried as "he's a troll". Unless you can highlight why that thread was also a troll?

Quote:

That's because they don't have any self esteem. :/

Actually the opposite is true. People who are secure in themselves are far more friendly than people who aren't.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

He has a thread from years ago where he legit seemed to be working on a game. It's linked from his first post but a bit easy to miss, so maybe you missed it? It certainly makes this not as cut and dried as "he's a troll". Unless you can highlight why that thread was also a troll?

Don't be so naive.

One thread where he actually made effort to contribute and produce something of value does not change the fact that he is actively insulting the community. It's not that hard to make a background and add a few sprites and call it a game. The download link does not work anymore, so I can't judge the game myself, but it looks like it was ripped out of something else.

As for his avatar and member name being some sort of joke, it's not a very funny one. Why do you humor this guy? It's obvious he's here to insult Allegro, and not here for anything productive. Asking for money with nothing offered in return is rude too. There are specific places to go for funding these days as Matthew mentioned Kickstarter is one of them.

His explanation for his member name and avatar are rather lacking :

Haha, looks like my nickname causes a lot of misunderstanding;D. Actually nickname doesn't imply anything, it's not like I put my nickname as "God" and must mean that I am a God. Don't believe? Check whole forum to see whether I have post any allegro-bashing thread. Why should I waste my valuable time to do some worthless bashing, right?

OICW's reply sums it up rather nicely.

OICW said:

With that nick and avatar you don't need to do any deliberate Allegro bashing threads. You do it every time you post.

The only reason he came back is to get a reaction out of people. I highly doubt he's here to actually develop a game, or contribute anything useful to the community.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Edgar, I don't consider it naive to engage with someone who, even if he was just trying to get a reaction, at least rewarded us by giving us something out of the ordinary to talk about. I think we can see who's only here to be insulting, and it's not Mr Suck.

Also, unfortunately no refund is due.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Why should I reward insulting behavior with anything but unwelcomeness?

Mr. Suck

Don't give him respect he doesn't deserve by calling him Mr.

You're member number #270. Show some pride. And show some spine. I don't see why you're coddling this guy.

EDIT
The way I see it is this. Suppose the NAACP had a web forum, and someone joined with the N-word as their username. Should they be welcomed there? And if they asked for money? What then? This guy is clearly trolling. And you're just enabling him. I don't approve.

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

If he gets to ask for 2000, I get to ask for 20000 for my previous work on Allegro, and SiegeLord and others actively involved in Allegro 5 should get 200000 for their work. I don't think it's very likely for any of this to happen for real, though, for obvious reasons... >;->

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I want a pair of empirical labs distessors, gonna need abot £5,600 - PM me for details on how to send me money, cheers.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Guys, I need around 5K to port Agui to SDL. GoFundMe link will be up soon. k thx.

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

I wouldn't mind some more examples of how to use Agui though :) I can pay you with facebook likes.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I wouldn't mind some more examples of how to use Agui though

Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.

1   2 

Go to: